• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Knights of the Virgin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandu

First Post
I would assume, Dandu, that a woman who beat a man in martial arts was not a 300-lb gorilla since the majority of women are not 300-lb gorillas.
Are only 300 lb gorillas capable of beating men in martial arts?

Elf Witch

First Post
Edit: I also don't think physically powerful women are realistic hence it is possible that I have women use the dexterity stat instead of strength when they decide to become fighters.

Edit: Sexism is bad, but we should not forget the historical position of women and try to evade it.

I don't think throwing magic around and bringing people back from the dead is realistic yet some how I manage to deal with it in game.:hmm:

And if you let them use dex to fight with and their dex skill gives them the same to hit and damage as a male using str then they still have a good chance of kicking butt and taking names.

Bigotry is bad to and we should not forget the historical positions of blacks and try to evade it.

I just have to wonder what you would think if someone made a game like yours but instead of using woman as second class citizens they used blacks. I wonder then if you might possible see just how offensive some people are finding this.

Hunter99

Banned
Banned
Of course not Dandu.

Jimlock, your attitude as to what these two orders would do seems to be very unrealistic.

One is a pagan, secular, liberal knighthood. The other is a religious, conservative knighthood.

The possibility of their ever allying is nil.

Edit: I am sorry Miss, if you are offended by the fact that life is unfair, but that is how things are.

Hunter99

Banned
Banned
I'm not saying he didn't.

I'm simply saying that if she kicked his ass, it was not because of physical strength.

anest1s

First Post
I don't think throwing magic around and bringing people back from the dead is realistic yet some how I manage to deal with it in game.:hmm:
Why to assume he is even right? Many civilizations were matriarchic.

And if you let them use dex to fight with and their dex skill gives them the same to hit and damage as a male using str then they still have a good chance of kicking butt and taking names.

Last time I checked males and females had the same ability arrays.

I just have to wonder what you would think if someone made a game like yours but instead of using woman as second class citizens they used blacks. I wonder then if you might possible see just how offensive some people are finding this.

Here you are wrong. It isn't the fact that its evil that makes it offensive- its the fact that its assumed not to be :p

Dandu

First Post
I'm not saying he didn't.

I'm simply saying that if she kicked his ass, it was not because of physical strength.
Because it is impossible for women to be stronger than men in any circumstance?

Last edited:

Jimlock

Adventurer
Jimlock, your attitude as to what these two orders would do seems to be very unrealistic.

One is a pagan, secular, liberal knighthood. The other is a religious, conservative knighthood.

Obviously we disagree :)

ohh... one other thing:

"liberal knighthood" is a paradox.

Elf Witch

First Post
Of course not Dandu.

Edit: I am sorry Miss, if you are offended by the fact that life is unfair, but that is how things are.

How is the one set of Knights pagan? I can buy the secular part but what of their practices and religious beliefs are based on any form of paganism?

And I really don't get the remark about life not being fair. We are not talking about life here we are talking about a game.

So are you saying that it is okay in a game to have different sets of rules for males and females that make the female character weaker and never as good as a male character?

If you want to take away something from a character then you balance it by giving them abilities in something else. That is good game design.

Hunter99

Banned
Banned
I thought their paganism would be obvious since Aphrodite is the greek goddess of love. (By paganism I don't mean the paganism of today. I mean that they follow the pagan maxim "eat, drink and be merry.")

As far as how life being unfair relates to D&D, if women were made physically equal and we pretended that in this fantasy world they had always had rights and everthing went as they wished, it would not be realistic. Consequently, it would be a bad story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads