• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Hopefully nobody was planning to be invisible when they went through. Vitus would have mentioned this plan ahead of time to cast Invisibility purge.

@Neurotic as mentioned in Discord, I think it's a good idea to hit everyone up with a resist energy unless you think we'll need it later. I'm just expecting an ambush when we step through.

@Knightfall Vitas asked Custodio to cast his spell first, with the assumption that Custodio is more powerful than he is. I'm not even sure what his actual level is but Vitus is assuming he's the 'newb lowly follower'.

I can delete/repost anything if people needed to put anything up before we proceed through.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Note that between fighting the knight and time differential there maybe little time to setup some elaborate trap. They may have demons of course, Akos can cast once they engage.

I'd consider something else. In the last fight, thugs had cold iron weapons. Lowenan had feybane cold iron. Waldo seems very focused on kiling Akos specifically. There may be something we don't know - maybe fey is needed to control Ancients magic. Maybe fey is needed to free the genie. Maybe there is a prophecy that fey will kill him, Whatever. But I'm playing it safe for the moment.

My trap in the situation where I expect adventurers would have dispel magic as as first step.

I’m kind of confused. The time dilation spills out and affects a whole bunch of bystanders?

If Vitus knows that Custodio can’t get everyone, he can hit up the extra people when the doors open. It’s a swift action.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I’m kind of confused. The time dilation spills out and affects a whole bunch of bystanders?
Yes, it does. The power in the labyrinth did so before when the PCs first ventured into it. They weren't aware of it until after they went in and came out. I guess I didn't mention it in my summary of events. I thought I did.

Regardless, it was a major enough event that Vitus would have become aware of it either from the broadsheets posted in the district while the PCs were missing in the labyrinth or from Falen and/or Akos afterwards, during their conversations.

TaranTheWanderer said:
If Vitus knows that Custodio can’t get everyone, he can hit up the extra people when the doors open. It’s a swift action.
Okay.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
New post has been added. Here's the updated map.

The Long Corridor.png

Remove ads