D&D 5E L&L: New Packet Hits This Wednesday

gyor

Legend
No word yet on any adventures in the packet tomorrow, but there is no reason to believe the LL talked about everything in the packet, after all I suspect there will be adjustments to the Barbarian, which is not mentioned in the LL.

S

Sunseeker

I think he makes a fair point, the problem is we've yet to see definitively which direction Next will take. It can't take both, it really can't. Either we're getting broad classes leaning heavily on Fighter, Wizard, Cleric, and Rogue in which most other character concepts can be built through robust options, or we're getting specific classes with overlap in martial, magical, and divine expressions and classes like Paladin, Ranger, Sorcerer, Warlord, etc.

This will be one of the designers' biggest decisions, I think, and likely take or leave the most people with it. I'm guessing it leans specificity.

I'm fine with niche classes provided they're interesting. Big, general classes with lots of directions to do leads to requiring lots of system mastery. Small, narrow classes can be good on their own without having to worry about overlapping synergies that lead to OP builds that break the game.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Any word of there'll be a new adventure in the packet?
No word yet on any adventures in the packet tomorrow, but there is no reason to believe the LL talked about everything in the packet, after all I suspect there will be adjustments to the Barbarian, which is not mentioned in the LL.
plus there has been in every other one so im sure there will be. at this point though there is enough stuff to run your own adventure
I don't think the packet coming on Wednesday will have a new adventure. Though one might be available soon after.

The Mines of Madness will be available at PAX for the DM's Challenge, and will be uploaded thereafter.

FireLance

Legend
Urgh, that terrible, streamlined, intuitive, flexible and customizable system. I still dread the idea of being able to give classes all kinds of different abilities without calling them magic ;) .
It's okay. 5e is going to throw out the bathwater that bothered you in 4e. Pity about all that baby. :p

galinskas

First Post
I just checked the playtest page and there is no new package yet. Wizard usually uploads new content early in the morning, isn't it right?

Animal

First Post
Well, it's only noon GMT. It's safe to presume folks in US are still in their beds. Either way, it's ready when it's ready.
Welcome to the forums, by the way!

Remove ads