• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leif's 4E Adventuring in Encastulum [OOC 1]

Leif

Adventurer
Ardent vs. Shaman

Either could be made to work just fine. Ardent might be more comfortable on urban terrain, which is presently intended to figure prominently. Shaman would also work, and would be beneficial to the party while on their fairly frequent wilderness expeditions.

Never DMed or played with a psionic character before. Could be that it's high time I did.

But, as always, the key question is: Which one do YOU most want to play?

dream66_

First Post
Never DMed or played with a psionic character before. Could be that it's high time I did.

Well it looks like that time has come. I've kind of split the difference.

[sblock="Build"]
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Irinea, level 1
Hamadryad, Ardent
Build: Enlightened Ardent
Ardent Mantle Option: Mantle of Clarity

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 12, CON 13, DEX 11, INT 10, WIS 16, CHA 18

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 12, CON 13, DEX 11, INT 10, WIS 14, CHA 16

AC: 16 Fort: 12 Ref: 10 Will: 15
HP: 25 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +5, Heal +8, Insight +8, Streetwise +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics –1, Athletics +0, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +6, Dungeoneering +3, Endurance +0, History +0, Intimidate +4, Nature +5, Perception +3, Religion +0, Stealth –1, Thievery –1

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Hamadryad Utility: Hamadryad Aspects
Ardent Feature: Ardent Alacrity
Ardent Feature: Ardent Surge
Ardent Attack 1: Psionic Shield
Ardent Attack 1: Impetuous Ruin
Ardent Attack 1: Foretaste of Death

FEATS
Level 1: Martyr's Surge

ITEMS
Chainmail x1
Adventurer's Kit
Greatsword x1
====== End ======

http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters/agdpcGxheTRlchQLEgtDaGFyYWN0ZXJWMhiU0ZZdDA
[/sblock]

However is it ok if I don't follow the proposed background "parents are heroes" Her kind don't really have parents in that way.

[sblock="Background"]
Irinea is an unusual Hamadryad, her home tree was destroyed by war, yet she did not perish. After the lose of her tree she was awash with emotions, sadness, and guilty, rage and fury. She was lost to the madness for an unknown amount of time. One day she met a wandering mystic, she nearly killed him, but he taught her clarity, and focus. Taught her to focus her emotions, and project them outward, use them.

But in changing her nature she became different than her wild home. She struck out to wander and she if there was a place for her.
[/sblock]

Irinea appears as a beautiful delicate young woman with red hair the color of autumn leaves and elfish features. She wears chainmail armor, and seems to be uncomfortable in it. The rest of her clothes are light and airy, and she walks barefoot. She carries a sword so large it's surprising she can lift it. Just standing near her gives you a sense of calm and focus, you are more alert and aware in her presence.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
I do have a question: You only have 3 level 1 powers chosen. Shouldn't you have 4, 2 at-will, 1 encounter, and 1 daily? Or is that some Ardent or Hamadryad weirdness that I've forgotten?

dream66_

First Post
I do have a question: You only have 3 level 1 powers chosen. Shouldn't you have 4, 2 at-will, 1 encounter, and 1 daily? Or is that some Ardent or Hamadryad weirdness that I've forgotten?

Psionic Characters (except for Monk) don't have encounter powers, we have power points. My at-wills get better with a power point or 2. 2 power points is equal to a encounter power, so I can do that or break it into 2 almost encounter powers.

And then as I get higher levels I get a 3rd at-will, and then trade them out for more powerful at-wills.

Make sense?

Leif

Adventurer
Psionic Characters (except for Monk) don't have encounter powers, we have power points. My at-wills get better with a power point or 2. 2 power points is equal to a encounter power, so I can do that or break it into 2 almost encounter powers.

And then as I get higher levels I get a 3rd at-will, and then trade them out for more powerful at-wills.

Make sense?

Ok. got it, maybe. Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

Leif

Adventurer
Irinea

We'll say that Irinea was among those with Firil Donmek and Rydan Braithwaite at the tavern, but she had to go take care of some personal business. She made arrangements to meet you both for breakfast tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

dream66_

First Post
We'll say that Irinea was among those with Firil Donmek and Rydan Braithwaite at the tavern, but she had to go take care of some personal business. She made arrangements to meet you both for breakfast tomorrow morning.

Is it ok, if they find her following them on the road to Applejohns

She's such a strange character I hate to just gloss over their first meeting out of character.

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
Is it ok, if they find her following them on the road to Applejohns

She's such a strange character I hate to just gloss over their first meeting out of character.

I'm also for this. A meeting would be nice!

I don't know if you had a chance to look at Firil's background [MENTION=13744]dream66_[/MENTION] but he's from a local wilderness tribe. Is there any way to have a connection, however loose?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads