D&D 5E List of All 33 Races in Mordenkainen's Monsters of the Multiverse

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books. Aarackocra Assimar Bugbear Centaur Changeling Deep Gnome Duergar Eladrin Fairy Firbolg Genasi, Air Genasi, Earth Genasi, Fire Gennasi, Water Githyanki Githzerai Goblin Goliath Harengon Hobgoblin Kenku Kobold Lizardfolk Minotaur Orc Satyr Sea Elf Shadar Kai Shifter Tabaxi...

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books.

greg-rutkowski-monsters-of-the-multiverse-1920.jpg

• Aarackocra
  • Assimar
  • Bugbear
  • Centaur
  • Changeling
  • Deep Gnome
  • Duergar
  • Eladrin
  • Fairy
  • Firbolg
  • Genasi, Air
  • Genasi, Earth
  • Genasi, Fire
  • Gennasi, Water
  • Githyanki
  • Githzerai
  • Goblin
  • Goliath
  • Harengon
  • Hobgoblin
  • Kenku
  • Kobold
  • Lizardfolk
  • Minotaur
  • Orc
  • Satyr
  • Sea Elf
  • Shadar Kai
  • Shifter
  • Tabaxi
  • Turtle
  • Triton
  • Yuan-ti

While reprinted, these races have all been updated to the current standard used by WotC for D&D races used in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, including a free choice of ability score increases (increase one by 2 points and another by 1 point; or increase three by 1 point), and small races not suffering a movement speed penalty.

The video below from Nerd Immersion delves into the races in more detail.

Nine Hands

Explorer
I'm trying to remember if I regularly forget the movement rate differences for size, or if we just haven't really had any chase scenes or times they needed the full movement for tactical reasons.
I think it is such a nit-pick to slow down Small creatures by 5 feet and I am happy that Sunlight Sensitivity is gone, it just sucked to remember.

Faolyn

(she/her)
I don't get why the Monster version of the races still suffer stuff like Sunlight Sensitivity while the PC versions of said races don't.

Granted, I'll admit that I keep on forgetting to apply the effects of Sunlight Sensitivity at times, but that's beside the point.
It can be assumed that your PC has spent enough time in the sunlight that they've gotten used to it, while the monster version hasn't.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Oh good, the part of the discussion where people start challenging others' dnd credentials. :rolleyes:

I'm confused then. My PHB says that these core races get specific ability score increases depending on which race is chosen. I thought more recent releases changed that and that these changes were the default so far as WotC was concerned. Am I misinformed?
No PHB races are in the new book.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm a level 12 DM with 3 levels in the PC Killer prestige class.

But I thought moving forward WotC removed ASIs from all races. So in one book, all the races have ASIs but in another book it says those ASIs no longer apply.
Tasha's is an optional variant, which is in a different book within yhe Gift Set (Tasha's, specifically), that can apply to any of the Core Races. That being said, it is the new standard moving forward as of 2021 (as seen in Ravenloft, Witchlight, and Strixhaven). Likely, the 2024 iteration of the core books will make it the main version of the rules.

Remove ads

Remove ads