D&D 5E List of All 33 Races in Mordenkainen's Monsters of the Multiverse

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books. Aarackocra Assimar Bugbear Centaur Changeling Deep Gnome Duergar Eladrin Fairy Firbolg Genasi, Air Genasi, Earth Genasi, Fire Gennasi, Water Githyanki Githzerai Goblin Goliath Harengon Hobgoblin Kenku Kobold Lizardfolk Minotaur Orc Satyr Sea Elf Shadar Kai Shifter Tabaxi...

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books.

greg-rutkowski-monsters-of-the-multiverse-1920.jpg

• Aarackocra
  • Assimar
  • Bugbear
  • Centaur
  • Changeling
  • Deep Gnome
  • Duergar
  • Eladrin
  • Fairy
  • Firbolg
  • Genasi, Air
  • Genasi, Earth
  • Genasi, Fire
  • Gennasi, Water
  • Githyanki
  • Githzerai
  • Goblin
  • Goliath
  • Harengon
  • Hobgoblin
  • Kenku
  • Kobold
  • Lizardfolk
  • Minotaur
  • Orc
  • Satyr
  • Sea Elf
  • Shadar Kai
  • Shifter
  • Tabaxi
  • Turtle
  • Triton
  • Yuan-ti

While reprinted, these races have all been updated to the current standard used by WotC for D&D races used in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, including a free choice of ability score increases (increase one by 2 points and another by 1 point; or increase three by 1 point), and small races not suffering a movement speed penalty.

The video below from Nerd Immersion delves into the races in more detail.

speed in D&D (and most non magics feats) for the last 7 years have all been less than human max.

You can not make a 5e human fighter without magic trained in athletics at highest prof level (is that 17 or 18?) that is as fast as an Olympic athlete, can jump as far as an Olympic athlete, can not lift or carry as much worlds strongest man... and even the most accurate 5e human fighter misses the bulls eye 5% of the time (I;m not 100% sure on this but pretty sure that Olympic archers miss less than that).
You have advantage vs bull's eyes. So it is just 1/400. Elves with elven accuracy have only a 1/800 chance to miss.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
even in 2e I argued that half or more of the drow IN menzo should be neutral not evil... they just want to get by. More of the left over half are evil by a wide bearth, but some should be good and trying to get by,
Neutral I could see, but in 2e in a city ruled by evil Drow priestesses with Know Alignment spells, being good is just a front row invitation to the evening sacrifice.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
speed in D&D (and most non magics feats) for the last 7 years have all been less than human max.

You can not make a 5e human fighter without magic trained in athletics at highest prof level (is that 17 or 18?) that is as fast as an Olympic athlete, can jump as far as an Olympic athlete, can not lift or carry as much worlds strongest man... and even the most accurate 5e human fighter misses the bulls eye 5% of the time (I;m not 100% sure on this but pretty sure that Olympic archers miss less than that).

I wonder what the world record is for heaviest backpack worn for various physical activities (climbing walls, extended hikes, swimming (?) etc...) -- RAW is 300 pounds at 20 STR with no penalty for any activities, right? (Different if it's wearing armor and not a backpack; the optional rule changes it a lot).

Remove ads

Remove ads