D&D 5E List of All 33 Races in Mordenkainen's Monsters of the Multiverse

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books. Aarackocra Assimar Bugbear Centaur Changeling Deep Gnome Duergar Eladrin Fairy Firbolg Genasi, Air Genasi, Earth Genasi, Fire Gennasi, Water Githyanki Githzerai Goblin Goliath Harengon Hobgoblin Kenku Kobold Lizardfolk Minotaur Orc Satyr Sea Elf Shadar Kai Shifter Tabaxi...

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books.

greg-rutkowski-monsters-of-the-multiverse-1920.jpg

• Aarackocra
  • Assimar
  • Bugbear
  • Centaur
  • Changeling
  • Deep Gnome
  • Duergar
  • Eladrin
  • Fairy
  • Firbolg
  • Genasi, Air
  • Genasi, Earth
  • Genasi, Fire
  • Gennasi, Water
  • Githyanki
  • Githzerai
  • Goblin
  • Goliath
  • Harengon
  • Hobgoblin
  • Kenku
  • Kobold
  • Lizardfolk
  • Minotaur
  • Orc
  • Satyr
  • Sea Elf
  • Shadar Kai
  • Shifter
  • Tabaxi
  • Turtle
  • Triton
  • Yuan-ti

While reprinted, these races have all been updated to the current standard used by WotC for D&D races used in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, including a free choice of ability score increases (increase one by 2 points and another by 1 point; or increase three by 1 point), and small races not suffering a movement speed penalty.

The video below from Nerd Immersion delves into the races in more detail.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I'll admit I was such a fan of the 3.5 Warblade so much that I just refer to my 5E Battle Master, both in game/out of game, as a Warblade.
I initially loved that book. Then my 4 player group made two Warblades, a Swordsage and a Crusader. They blew through encounters easier than any other class combination that I had ever run a game for, including tier 1 spellcasters. As much as a loved the ideas, it became the first book and classes that I banned from my game.

MGibster

Legend
It might if you assume a common physiological baseline. But that is not a safe assumption for fantasy creatures.
I get it. If someone wants to tell me it's because "Fantasy!" then that's fine. It's been a while since I took physical anthropology but let's take a look at a 5th edition halfling.

Halfling.JPG

Okay, so what do we have here? We have what appears to be a small primate that walks upright, has opposable thumbs, and judging by that huge melon (scientific term) sitting on her head is quite intelligent. Given the length of her forearms, it's quite clear brachiation isn't her primary means of locomotion nor does it appear as though she walks on all four. At just 36 freedom units tall, she has walking stride of approximately 14.86 freedom units. The stride for a human female who is 66 freedom units tall is approximately 27 freedom units.

"But, Mgibster," you might say, "She is a halfling and not a human." Fair enough. But when it comes to physiology the halfling if very, very similar to a human. Even accounting for both individual variation within and without the species, halflings aren't going to move as fast as humans. Unless you want them to I guess.

Remove ads

Remove ads