D&D 5E List of All 33 Races in Mordenkainen's Monsters of the Multiverse

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books. Aarackocra Assimar Bugbear Centaur Changeling Deep Gnome Duergar Eladrin Fairy Firbolg Genasi, Air Genasi, Earth Genasi, Fire Gennasi, Water Githyanki Githzerai Goblin Goliath Harengon Hobgoblin Kenku Kobold Lizardfolk Minotaur Orc Satyr Sea Elf Shadar Kai Shifter Tabaxi...

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books.

greg-rutkowski-monsters-of-the-multiverse-1920.jpg

• Aarackocra
  • Assimar
  • Bugbear
  • Centaur
  • Changeling
  • Deep Gnome
  • Duergar
  • Eladrin
  • Fairy
  • Firbolg
  • Genasi, Air
  • Genasi, Earth
  • Genasi, Fire
  • Gennasi, Water
  • Githyanki
  • Githzerai
  • Goblin
  • Goliath
  • Harengon
  • Hobgoblin
  • Kenku
  • Kobold
  • Lizardfolk
  • Minotaur
  • Orc
  • Satyr
  • Sea Elf
  • Shadar Kai
  • Shifter
  • Tabaxi
  • Turtle
  • Triton
  • Yuan-ti

While reprinted, these races have all been updated to the current standard used by WotC for D&D races used in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, including a free choice of ability score increases (increase one by 2 points and another by 1 point; or increase three by 1 point), and small races not suffering a movement speed penalty.

The video below from Nerd Immersion delves into the races in more detail.

Weiley31

Legend
It simply feels very silly to me if all the dozens of completely differently shaped and sized fantasy species just happen to have physiology that results them having identical capabilities.
The Bard will make it work.

The Bard always does and has yet been stopped in that Tag obsessed world.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I guess it's a breed of willing suspension of disbelief (or, to be less negative: willingness to believe); giving most or all "races" the same movement speed doesn't take me out of the game, doesn't bother me.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to a system where races that have slower movement speeds get some minor benefit to compensate (arguments against balance aside).

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
Okay, you have me hooked.

I've never seen someone ask for more Incarnum. Or remember Incarnum.

I personally liked the soul magic idea, but found the entire implementation goofy as all get-out.

What do you miss about it. What type of expansions are you looking for?
Incarnum was my favorite addon system after psionics. I think we had 4 Incarnists in our games, they had a very fresh feel about them.

Peter BOSCO'S

Adventurer
It's fascinating to me that WotC has just up and ditched the 25 foot movement speed for all of the smaller races. I recall that they tried doing that during the playtest and there was such an uproar against it that they switched it back for the final product.
Is it switched for all Small races, or just for the Small races in it? Aren't regular Halflings, Gnomes, and (non small) Dwarves still at 25'?

Remove ads

Remove ads