D&D 5E List of All 33 Races in Mordenkainen's Monsters of the Multiverse

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books. Aarackocra Assimar Bugbear Centaur Changeling Deep Gnome Duergar Eladrin Fairy Firbolg Genasi, Air Genasi, Earth Genasi, Fire Gennasi, Water Githyanki Githzerai Goblin Goliath Harengon Hobgoblin Kenku Kobold Lizardfolk Minotaur Orc Satyr Sea Elf Shadar Kai Shifter Tabaxi...

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books.

greg-rutkowski-monsters-of-the-multiverse-1920.jpg

• Aarackocra
  • Assimar
  • Bugbear
  • Centaur
  • Changeling
  • Deep Gnome
  • Duergar
  • Eladrin
  • Fairy
  • Firbolg
  • Genasi, Air
  • Genasi, Earth
  • Genasi, Fire
  • Gennasi, Water
  • Githyanki
  • Githzerai
  • Goblin
  • Goliath
  • Harengon
  • Hobgoblin
  • Kenku
  • Kobold
  • Lizardfolk
  • Minotaur
  • Orc
  • Satyr
  • Sea Elf
  • Shadar Kai
  • Shifter
  • Tabaxi
  • Turtle
  • Triton
  • Yuan-ti

While reprinted, these races have all been updated to the current standard used by WotC for D&D races used in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, including a free choice of ability score increases (increase one by 2 points and another by 1 point; or increase three by 1 point), and small races not suffering a movement speed penalty.

The video below from Nerd Immersion delves into the races in more detail.

Faolyn

(she/her)
Then so can everyone else and they are still 5 feet slower than the faster races.
Sure. The humans can use the Dash action to go faster. So can the halflings.

You're confusing in-combat movement with out-of-combat movement. They represent completely different things.

Since you're for all humans being marathoners(including PCs), I will assume that you are for fixed PC racial stat bonuses as well, since PCs are no longer different from the rest of the race.
Why would you make that assumption? That's a very silly conclusion to jump to.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I think WotC plans to ignore culture altogether, leaving it to players to "do whatever they want". Anything else is either more work than they want to put in, or might run afoul of their detractors and lead to them losing some of those new, young players they crave.

Yup. WotC eliminated culture from character creation and replaced it with... nothing. I honestly don't think the designers have the skill or ability to do something interesting with it. Level Up stripped it out of race and made it an additional part of character creation. It works well and is a vastly better system.
The only way you could think this is by not reading any race write up since Tasha's

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Sure. The humans can use the Dash action to go faster. So can the halflings.

You're confusing in-combat movement with out-of-combat movement. They represent completely different things
I'm not. Anything halflings get to move faster in combat, humans, elves, etc. get, too.
Why would you make that assumption? That's a very silly conclusion to jump to.
Then it doesn't matter if humans as a race are marathoners. PCs can be built like halfling sprinters(I can't type halfling sprinters without laughing out loud). They're special and different. ;)

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
And Drow added two more cultures while expanding on Lloth's cult.
And Goblinoids are regaining their Fey Ancestry from 4e, which hints that they might get a lore update in a future book (maybe Monsters of the Multiverse).

I find the "WotC is ignoring culture completely and all races will have the exact same behavior as every other" claim kinda funny.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
And Goblinoids are regaining their Fey Ancestry from 4e, which hints that they might get a lore update in a future book (maybe Monsters of the Multiverse).

I find the "WotC is ignoring culture completely and all races will have the exact same behavior as every other" claim kinda funny.
I dont think they'll have the same behavior. I think they'll have no behavior and WotC will expect everyone to make it up on their own. They've already removed all mechanics for culture. Why stop there?

Remove ads

Remove ads