D&D 5E List of All 33 Races in Mordenkainen's Monsters of the Multiverse

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books.

greg-rutkowski-monsters-of-the-multiverse-1920.jpg

• Aarackocra
  • Assimar
  • Bugbear
  • Centaur
  • Changeling
  • Deep Gnome
  • Duergar
  • Eladrin
  • Fairy
  • Firbolg
  • Genasi, Air
  • Genasi, Earth
  • Genasi, Fire
  • Gennasi, Water
  • Githyanki
  • Githzerai
  • Goblin
  • Goliath
  • Harengon
  • Hobgoblin
  • Kenku
  • Kobold
  • Lizardfolk
  • Minotaur
  • Orc
  • Satyr
  • Sea Elf
  • Shadar Kai
  • Shifter
  • Tabaxi
  • Turtle
  • Triton
  • Yuan-ti

While reprinted, these races have all been updated to the current standard used by WotC for D&D races used in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, including a free choice of ability score increases (increase one by 2 points and another by 1 point; or increase three by 1 point), and small races not suffering a movement speed penalty.

The video below from Nerd Immersion delves into the races in more detail.

Last edited:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
G
Absolutely none of which matters even a little bit. Add up all those halflings of those various CLASSES. Then I'll show you humans of the same classes that can do the same and are faster.

Wrong. It adds up to halflings getting the same boost from a class that humans, elves, dwarves, etc. also do, and remain slower than those faster races who are also members of those classes.

Yes. You have SOME halflings getting a boost from a class and being faster than the vast majority of their race and NEEDING that boost to be as fast or faster than the average human. You do not have the race of halflings being faster than the race of humans, and in fact are very far from it.
Once you have created your character, all game mechanics are equal. It all becomes one big pile of numbers that tell us who you are. Everything merges together. Which numbers or which features come from which parts of the game never matter and never get referenced or highlighted as being from one thing or another.

If you move your miniature around the board, you don't say "These squares I'm moving right now are because I'm a gnome! These squares I'm moving now are because I'm a Monk! These squares I'm moving now are because I'm using Dash as a bonus action!". No... instead, you just move your PC around the field of combat as far as your PC can move because you have a certain speed you can move in the round. And there's never any reference to the table as to which parts come from which of the individual bits you took to create the character on the whole.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Once you have created your character, all game mechanics are equal. It all becomes one big pile of numbers that tell us who you are. Everything merges together. Which numbers or which features come from which parts of the game never matter and never get referenced or highlighted as being from one thing or another.
No. I disagree, at least in part. While the mechanics do merge together, where something comes from does not. It's not okay for the race of halflings to get spellcasting ability just because there are wizard and cleric halflings. The same applies to the fast speed granted by other classes. Class abilities are never racial abilities and vice versa, even if some stack.

HammerMan

Legend
Again, where is this information? Where is the D&D book I can reference with these mysterious Drow cultures that just appeared out of nowhere somehow?
I don't know about that one but haven't good drow been a thing since daughter of the drow? They even have there own goddess that is a naked dancing drow with a sword....

HammerMan

Legend
Depends on what you consider making short suck. Lacking an ASI to strength, having 5 feet shorter of movement, and being unable to use heavy weapons don't really make short suck. Halflings, as written in 5e, definitely don't suck despite those things.
halfing luck might be the best (at least in the running) race feature... the feat they can take to extend it to others is bonkers... yet some how I still hear people say they wont play a 25spd race

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
It is, for your info, a non-canon DND book.

Chris Perkins: Wait................AH BUGGER

Drow of 5E revert back to their Chaotic Evil BDSM selves once again as Drizzt blips outta existence Star Trek transportation style.
While that is very funny, novels are not D&D books, even if they feature a D&D setting. It is unreasonable to assume anyone would have read and assimilated novel lore at this point, especially since, as you've said, they are non-canon.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases