D&D 5E List the character types and level of your current 5E games

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I find it interesting that some people list the names of the characters, but others don't. Some list level, but others don't - and no one (that I recall, including me!) has listed alignment.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
I find it interesting that some people list the names of the characters, but others don't. Some list level, but others don't - and no one (that I recall, including me!) has listed alignment.
It's pretty likely that folks don't know or can't remember the alignments of every character in their groups. Probably in part because it has little to no mechanical weight.

Here's the info on my Friday night game.

Lost Library of Amonar (Homebrew dungeon crawl with a level 20 target set in the world of Eana from Fateforge that I'm DMing)

Race/HeritageClass(es)/Archetype(s)LevelsHomebrew/3rd Party Class options
KoboldCleric (Time)9Fateforge Time Domain
GoliathFighter (Runeknight)9Level Up Fighter class
TieflingBard (Lore)9None
GoblinWizard (War Mage)9Fateforge War Mage Archetype
HumanRogue (Swasbuckler)/Wizard (Bladesinger)5 / 4Non-elves as Bladesinger
Half-Orc/Half-GnomeWarlock (The Fallen Exile Patron)9Fallen Exile Patron

We don't really use alignment so all of them are considered "unaligned"

Last edited:

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
It's pretty likely that folks don't know or can't remember the alignments of every character in their groups. Probably in part because it has little to no mechanical weight.
I personally treat it like the Bonds and Flaws and stuff--it's a thing for the players to use to help them play the characters, but it's not a thing I concern myself with--other than my standard request/s of "at least mostly altruistic, willing to be heroes, please work together."

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I don't even use alignment, I've no idea if others in my groups do.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
This. I barely remember what alignment I picked for the characters I'm actively playing.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
The alignment thing was a just an observation I threw in at the end. The absence character names/levels is probably more notable to me.
I will freely admit that character names get harder to remember as time passes, compared to their overall concept. It doesn't help that lots of D&D names are random syllables that sound good smushed together; characters names with an actual hook tend to be easier to remember.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
The alignment thing was a just an observation I threw in at the end. The absence character names/levels is probably more notable to me.
Levels I tend to remember, because for each campaign we are all the same level, names are a little more difficult, one campaign it's been so long since we've been able to play that names elude me.

Remove ads