log in or register to remove this ad

 

[Living Pathfinder]The Green Faerie

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
OOC: This is the thread for the Living Pathfinder adventure, The Green Faerie. Please check in, and I'll get the adventure started.

DM: InVinoVeritas

Characters/Players:
Nathan Tchanlach / jkason
Ta-Am-Ath / Walking Dad
Willow Whitemane / Vertexx69
Alnar / Luinnar
Markas Shieldheart / HolyMan

Temporarily:
Izzik Deeks / Aldern Foxgrove

Izzik Deeks earns 147 xp and 126 gp time-based award.
Izzik Deeks earns 120 xp and 60 gp for the encounter.

Total for Izzik Deeks: 267 xp, 186 gp.

For all others (as of 9 January 2011)
Time-based rewards:
8/31/10 - 1/9/11: 132 days
924 xp, 792 gp

Activities:
Nathan, Ta, Willow, Markas, Alnar:
First Encounter (exploration of Carnemorto's apartments): 400 xp/5 = 80xp each

Nathan, Ta, Willow, Markas:
Second and third encounters: 1000 xp/4 = 250 xp each

Alnar:
Nothing more, yet, but his opportunities are still happening.

Reward gp pool for splitting: 640 gp

Totals gained:

Nathan, Ta, Willow, Markas:
1254 xp, 792 gp

Alnar:
1004 xp, 792 gp

Pool of 640 gp for splitting later.
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

Luinnar

First Post
Alnar enters the inn the next day looking weary, Kanli might be around. He dealt with crazy people in the past, but with a good magic missile to the head. He usually did not resort to that unless they deserved it however, and was still unsure about Kanli.
 

Walking Dad

First Post
Ta-Am-Ath AC 15 (T15, FF12), HP 13/13, F +3,R+4,W+4, CMB +4, CMD 16

"I will be there tomorrow. Now I have to meditate in the rooms above about this Drunken Fist style I was hearing about..."
With these words, Ta moves up to cure his hangover. The next day will give him a fresh start, as he leaves the tavern for the address on Umberto's card.

[sblock=ooc]
Ta-Am-Ath
Ta-Am-Ath


[/sblock]
 

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Remembering that even a simple frog hunt had turned dangerous, Nathan decided to use his day to find a few protective potions to keep on hand. One solid night's sleep later, he made his way to his new employer and the others.

[sblock=OOC]Purchased two potions of Mage Armor[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Ta-Am-Ath AC 15 (T15, FF12), HP 13/13, F +3,R+4,W+4, CMB +4, CMD 16

Before Ta arrives at the address on Umberto's card, he quickly buys two potions in the nearest alchemist shop.

[sblock=ooc]
Ta-Am-Ath
Ta-Am-Ath

2 potions of mage armor.
Great idea jkason, but why didn't you buy scrolls? Ta cannot activate them, but you can. What about pooling some of our money to buy a wand of mage armor? You would get it and use it at appropriate times on Nathan and Ta. (if they survive this adventure and find enough treasure)

[/sblock]
 

jkason

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Great idea jkason, but why didn't you buy scrolls? Ta cannot activate them, but you can.

Because I'm a dope and didn't think of it. Since we haven't started yet, I'm going to assume I can swap them out: nix two potions for 4 scrolls FTW. ;)

IVV, I'll be fine sticking with the potions if you decide that. No worries.

What about pooling some of our money to buy a wand of mage armor? You would get it and use it at appropriate times on Nathan and Ta. (if they survive this adventure and find enough treasure)

Sounds fine by me. I'm hoping to get some bracers of armor or similar protective items, but they cost a lot more, so the wand is probably a better investment (guess I know what spell Nathan will be swapping out when he gets the opportunity, heh).[/sblock]
 

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
Nathan can have the scrolls. Note, though, that you aren't going TO the Green Faerie--it's just the adventure's name.
[/sblock]

Nathan follows Alnar the best he can, through the winding alleyways and across the bridges of Venza. He pursues the dragon sorcerer as he travels across Benedetto Piazza, down a flight of stairs, along a thin edge next to a canal, and across a bridge, around a corner.

Willow, Ta, and Boon catch up with Nathan as he turns the corner. Alnar stands there, next to an old, faded building, by a boat landing. This must be the place; Carnemorto's apartments. Perhaps it belongs to a noble family long ago, but the place looks like it should be a little better kept if it is to be an nobleman's apartments.

But what gave Alnar pause, was the front door. It stands ajar, its heavy hardwood smashed in. The metal door lock lies bent on the floor in the doorway. A few drops of blood made a line from the apartments to the water.
 

Vertexx69

First Post
Willow, HP: 9+1/9, AC: 21/12T/16FF, Saves: 3F/2R/6W, LL Vision
Boon, HP: 16+1/16, AC 17/13T/14FF, Saves: 4F/6R/2W, LL Vision, Scent

Willow strides along with the monk and one of the sorcerers, Boon ever present at her side. She is constantly making little gestures at the lion and herself as they walk, and occasionally relighting the end of the simple club hanging from her belt, then they come to the splintered door. "Not best way to start out. Think bad thing happened to new boss house." She then makes a soft shushing sound to Boon as she draws her scimitar and shield, the lion's ears perk up and his formly sleepy eyes are sharp and focused on the front door of the house.

She sinks into a low stance and starts advancing toward the broken portal. Her eyes are unseen behind her mirrored spectacles, but her elegantly long ears are quite visible thanks to the expertly crafted set of silver combs that she now wears.
[sblock=Willow's Actions]Standard: Go Defensive
Move: Draw weapon and shield, then move in
Free: Perception=22[/sblock]Boon creeps forward at his delicate companion's side. The tensed muscles can be seen rolling under his sleek white fur, as his nose touches the wood.[sblock=Boon's Actions]Standard: Aid Another Perception=11
Move: shadow Willow[/sblock][sblock=Spell List]Orisons: Create Water, Light, Virtue
1st lvl: Cure Light Wounds, Speak with Animals[/sblock]OOC - hehe all that for a 5. IC hates me so much.
 

Luinnar

First Post
This looks bad. Alnar says looking at the door. Someone go check the water to see if our employer is in there. I'm going in to have a poke around to see if I find anything.
 

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I wouldn't go in there if I were you." a male voice states from behind the group.

Turning the look to see a tall, musclar human standing near the corner they had all just rounded. He wears a light blue tabard over burnished scalemail and a "kite" shield strapped to his left arm. Under his other arm rest an open faced helm.

With no helm on, the can clearly see his wavy shoulder length brown hair and neatly trimmed beard. The newcomer stands his weapons still at his belt, but he watches the group cautiously.
 

Walking Dad

First Post
Ta-Am-Ath AC 15 (T15, FF12), HP 13/13, F +3,R+4,W+4, CMB +4, CMD 16

Arriving at the door, Ta tries to find out the most obvious: Was the door smashed from the out- or the inside...

"I wouldn't go in there if I were you." a male voice states from behind the group.
... The newcomer stands his weapons still at his belt, but he watches the group cautiously.

After moving with the grace of a hunting cat to face the speaker Ta asks:
"Why not? Who are you?"

[sblock=ooc]
Ta-Am-Ath
Ta-Am-Ath

gained: 2 potions of mage armor.
lost: 10pp


[/sblock]
 

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

[sblock=OOC]
Nathan can have the scrolls. Note, though, that you aren't going TO the Green Faerie--it's just the adventure's name.

D'oh! Sorry 'bout that. Edited my previous post to fix the mistake.
[/sblock]

This must be the place; Carnemorto's apartments. Perhaps it belongs to a noble family long ago, but the place looks like it should be a little better kept if it is to be an nobleman's apartments.

But what gave Alnar pause, was the front door. It stands ajar, its heavy hardwood smashed in. The metal door lock lies bent on the floor in the doorway. A few drops of blood made a line from the apartments to the water.

This looks bad. Alnar says looking at the door. Someone go check the water to see if our employer is in there. I'm going in to have a poke around to see if I find anything.

"Are we sure splitting up is a good idea?" Nathan asks, pulling out his dagger.

"I wouldn't go in there if I were you." a male voice states from behind the group.

"See? Even random passers by think ... wait, who are you, exactly?" Nathan asks.
 

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Guardsman..." the man starts to say and then sighs. "Sorry, my name is Markas. I was a guardsman but no longer. Guess I had that title so long it will be hard to..." he shakes his head sadly and then fits the helment over it.

"I was approached by a man named Umberto Gabbiano. He asked me to check this place out." Markas says looking over the group eyes widening a little at the tiger and small wild half-elf.

"And who are all of you and what are you doing here?" he asks guardedly hand resting on his pommel.
 
Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"Guardsman..." the man starts to say and then sighs. "Sorry, my name is Markas. I was a guardsman but no longer. Guess I had that title so long it will be hard to..." he shakes his head sadly and then fits the helment over it.

"I was approached by a man named Umberto Gabbiano he asked me to meet him here, this morning." Markas says looking over the group eyes widening a little at the tiger and small wild half-elf.

"And who are all of you and what are you doing here?" he asks guardedly hand resting on his pommel.

"Red Hand Society, most of us," he says, undoing the bracer on his wrist to lift his sleeve and show Kanli's arcane mark. Then he frowns as he replaces sleeve and bracer.

"...which probably doesn't mean much to anyone outside the Dunn Wright since Kanli just made it up," he says. Then he pales.

"Kanli went with this schlub yesterday to get the body. What if they were together when whatever it is happened ... " Nathan shakes his head. "That's it. Nathan, Ta, Willow, Boon, Alnar," he says, pointing to each in a rapid-fire introduction to the newcomer.

"Introductions over. Answers now."

With that, he holds his hand palm up. "Okay guys, how about playing decoy?" he says. As if in response, small, glowing spheres rise up from his fingertips. They spin in the air rapidly a moment before coalescing into a vaguely humanoid form, then they 'walk' in through the gap in the door.

[sblock=OOC]I realize Kanli's just fine, but I figure there's no real way for Nathan to know that at the moment, so I also figured it wouldn't hurt to play up the uncertainty.

Nathan casts Dancing Lights, using the 'humanoid shape' option, and sending it through the door first in hopes of triggering an ambush if there is one.[/sblock]
 

Luinnar

First Post
"I wouldn't go in there if I were you." a male voice states from behind the group.
Don't go in then. Alnar says to the stranger and Ethan as he walks over to the water, peering in to see if he can see anything in there.

[sblock=ooc]
Is the blood fresh of dried? Also looking into the water.

Perception = 7
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
The events of this scene actually occur the same day you met Umberto. Umberto arrives, asks for help, and asks to meet up with him again at the Dunn Wright Inn tomorrow. Alnar takes the address and heads off, the Red Hand Society heads off after him, and they all meet Markas here.
[/sblock]

Ta approaches the door, and notes that it has been bashed inward. Willow and Boon join him and examine the doorway. Boon sniffs the air, but does not grow tense.

Alnar follows the blood trail to the water. The drops are dried, and there could have easily been a boat here, but there is not one now.

Ta joins Markas and Alnar at the landing as Nathan sends in his light. There is silence. In the light, Willow sees no one, hears no one, smells no one. She sees a stairwell up, a broken sideboard, and some papers scattered about the hall. Of particular interest is that there is a bloody smudge on the wall, about 6 and a half feet off the ground.
 
Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] So right now Kanli and Umberto are headed to the swamp. Now I think I have what's going on. [/sblock]

"I'm sorry I was melodramatic," Markas says to the group. "What I meant was you shouldn't go in there first. I will." He says drawing his sword and raising his shield up till it is under his chin.

Crouching in a guard postion he keeps the sword held at the ready. (Strange the sword looks to be lightly stained yellowish-green in places. :erm:)

[sblock=Guard postion]
Total defense = AC 23 [/sblock]
 

Luinnar

First Post
You should have been more specific. Alnar says to Markas as he walks into the room behind him. Wow this looks bad, looks like a break in. He walks over to the blood smudge on the wall. Someone was, or is tall... so either they escaped in boat or was taken away in one. Better look upstairs.

Here this will work better, Alnar says touching Markas's sword and which flairs with bright light.

[sblock=actions]
Light spell on the sword.
[/sblock]
 



Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top