Location info

2800 Quebec St. NW, DC, near the Cleveland Park metro.

Googlemap . The front of the building is on Quebec St, the back entrance is on Porter St. at the bottom of the hill. The party room is on the 2nd floor. If you come in through the Quebec St. entrance, you're actually on the 5th floor; the Porter St. entrance is on the 1st floor.

Daytime parking in the complex parking lot is (supposedly) permissible, but they start getting snarky at night unless you have a visitor's pass. I can probably get one or two of those, but they're going to laugh at me if I come ask for many. Parking on the streets is usually available, though, and I'm pretty sure there are no residential restrictions on the weekends. I'll check on that at some point.

Metro is definitely the way to go, though, if you can. First train hits around 7:30 am, last leaves around 2:30 am. It's only 1/5 of a mile so it's an easy walk even if you've got books or what have you.

There are several restaurants nearby (within a stone's throw of the Metro stop). There's Thai, Indian, Vietnamese. There is a pretty good Mexican place, and an OK Greek place. There are a couple pubs, too. For fast food, there is a California Tortilla joint and a Subway very close by. There's a Starbucks and another coffee shop. There's also a grocery store and a smaller market and a 7/11. A mile up the road (or 1 Metro stop) is a Potbelly, a Burger King, a Quiznos, and a Schlotsky's and some other stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Universe

First Post
I split this off into its own thread, and then stickied it.

I figure major logistical information like this deserves its own discussion. :)

YourSwordIsMine said:
I hate to ask, but is there any handicap parking available?

There are the required-by-law spaces out in front of the building.

I can finagle a couple parking passes, so I'll save them for this kind of situation. With the outside parking there are no assigned spaces, it's just a free-for-all, so there is no way to guarantee a spot, though.

The building itself is fully accessible (rampts, elevators, etc). I don't know about the bathrooms in the party room.

madwabbit

First Post
How open is the event going to be, i.e. how many folks can attend or are invited? Also, when is this... October 27th?

And assuming this is wide open, how would I go about organizing a game or demos for it ... by posting a sub-thread or topic?

(Rodrigo may remember me as "that guy" who ran the HEX demo at Game Parlor Chantilly, Bretbo and Queen Dop should recognize me from the forums over at Exile Game Studios).

--tom

The_Universe

First Post
Just post a thread here. Obviously, in the wake of Gen Con, it's going to take a little bit of time for everything to get geared up, but we should have games trickling in starting now.

I'll grab some info from the very well-run Gen Con 2007 Forum; we should be able to use the same rules/format here. :)

(Crossposting from CM for those that don't hang there)

Check out the Holiday Inn WASHINGTON-CHEVY CHASE , 5520 WISCONSIN AVE,Chevy Chase, MD 20815. It's near Metro, in a good location, and Orbitz was listing it at $129 a night which is a lot cheaper than I would have expected.

I'll look more later.

Remove ads