Location info

No, other than buzz to be let in (assuming the door isn't unlocked and there's no traffic slip in behind). I'll coordinate with the front desk person to make sure to expect people, and I'm also going to post a PDF 'invitation' here that has the location info, etc. on it, that you can show if need be. I don't think it'll be an issue (and neither did the building manager when I asked her about it). I'll also leave my cell # with the desk (and post it here and/or on the invitation), but cell service in my building is iffy as it is, and the party room is underground, so I don't know if it will work or not.

Rodrigo Istalindir said:
No, other than buzz to be let in (assuming the door isn't unlocked and there's no traffic slip in behind). I'll coordinate with the front desk person to make sure to expect people, and I'm also going to post a PDF 'invitation' here that has the location info, etc. on it, that you can show if need be. I don't think it'll be an issue (and neither did the building manager when I asked her about it). I'll also leave my cell # with the desk (and post it here and/or on the invitation), but cell service in my building is iffy as it is, and the party room is underground, so I don't know if it will work or not.

Hi Rodrigo: I've got another request: Would you leave your username with your real name at the front desk? I was an early-bird GM and foolishly didn't get your real-life name (my own damn fault!) before the first Game Day. When I got to the building, I asked for "DC Game Day" and the front desk person asked "who's that under?" Hilarity ensued. My charm did get my an offer of an extra parking pass for the parking lot. :cool:

Rabbit in the Moon

Rabbit in the Moon said:
Hi Rodrigo: I've got another request: Would you leave your username with your real name at the front desk? I was an early-bird GM and foolishly didn't get your real-life name (my own damn fault!) before the first Game Day. When I got to the building, I asked for "DC Game Day" and the front desk person asked "who's that under?" Hilarity ensued. My charm did get my an offer of an extra parking pass for the parking lot. :cool:

Rabbit in the Moon

I did last time. And I gave the guy at the desk one of the flyers, too, just to be sure. But I will redouble my efforts next time.

Heads up to Metro travellers --

I just found out that Metro will be doing track work at the Van Ness station on the Red Line the weekend of the Gameday. It will impose significant delays on getting to Cleveland Park. Please check www.wmata.com and plan accordingly.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Heads up to Metro travellers --

I just found out that Metro will be doing track work at the Van Ness station on the Red Line the weekend of the Gameday. It will impose significant delays on getting to Cleveland Park. Please check www.wmata.com and plan accordingly.

Does that mean it will take us every LONGER to get there??? We best not get in at 2 am then, huh?

Queenie122 said:
Does that mean it will take us every LONGER to get there??? We best not get in at 2 am then, huh?

It could add up to a half-hour, or it could add nothing; luck of the draw. They're replacing a switch at the next station up, so they have to single-track starting at the next station down. So for that little chunk, trains have to take turns on the tracks.

And it's actually *every* weekend from now until then, so I have to deal with it for the next month :\

Remove ads