• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Loki Season 2 Discussion - Spoilers

Zaukrie

New Publisher
If Mobius was that variant, how did he watch time move forward for that variant? I mean, he's gone, right? Also, man, those poor kids when their dad disappeared.....

nevin

Hero
This show is Seinfeld. A show about a bunch of nothing. I sat through this just hoping this time it would be excellent
It was Groundhog Day on crack or hallucinogen etc. this was not worth it
i have to agree. the first two episodes just rubbed our faces in the fact that Hero's suck and saving the universe was pointless. All of the episodes made Loki and Sylvie seem incompetent instead of being two of the most competent and dangerous being's in the Marvel Multiverse.

then downhill into the Dreams of the Ultimate overlord who's coming back anyway because even if his plan fails it all happens again. I feel like the entire Kang Story arc would have been better if Loki season 2 had just never happened. The whole thing was a meandering pointless mess that didn't go anywhere.

Kaodi

Hero
I expect that in the future we will see the events of Loki contextualize some of the other things that happen during the Multiversal War arc. Like, those movies should explain enough in their own run time. But if you have actually seen Loki things will have more depth. At least that is the hope.

I think part of the point of the series though is just giving Loki, who just up and dies in the movies, a bit more of a resolution without cheapening the films by saying, "Oh, he didn't actually die." He definitely died.

But in any case as far as the imagery of Yggdrasil goes I think Loki is, in a way, also both Ymir and Baldr. The Sacred Loki dies, but Variant Loki is "reborn" and survives one multiversal reality and becomes the head of the next; he literally becomes the god who remains, which is Baldr's role in Ragnarok. But Loki is also a frost giant, and like his great grand daddy Ymir who dies, his body becoming Midgaard, Loki "loses" in a way but he becomes the terrain upon which the new world is built

Anyway I do think it was Alioth coming to eat Renslayer, but I am confused as to what meaning we are supposed to take from this in light of the story that Mobius tells about him and Renslayer earlier in the episode. In that story she is neither hero nor villain, right? She is someone who assumed the burden when he faltered. I am not sure how we are supposed to feel about her being about to be erased from existence.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I expect that in the future we will see the events of Loki contextualize some of the other things that happen during the Multiversal War arc. Like, those movies should explain enough in their own run time. But if you have actually seen Loki things will have more depth. At least that is the hope.

I think part of the point of the series though is just giving Loki, who just up and dies in the movies, a bit more of a resolution without cheapening the films by saying, "Oh, he didn't actually die." He definitely died.

But in any case as far as the imagery of Yggdrasil goes I think Loki is, in a way, also both Ymir and Baldr. The Sacred Loki dies, but Variant Loki is "reborn" and survives one multiversal reality and becomes the head of the next; he literally becomes the god who remains, which is Baldr's role in Ragnarok. But Loki is also a frost giant, and like his great grand daddy Ymir who dies, his body becoming Midgaard, Loki "loses" in a way but he becomes the terrain upon which the new world is built

Anyway I do think it was Alioth coming to eat Renslayer, but I am confused as to what meaning we are supposed to take from this in light of the story that Mobius tells about him and Renslayer earlier in the episode. In that story she is neither hero nor villain, right? She is someone who assumed the burden when he faltered. I am not sure how we are supposed to feel about her being about to be erased from existence.
That whole bit with her at the end was unnecessary. What did it add?

A tv show about trying to stop every bbeg variant could be good, actually. But it would be heavy, as they tried to figure out if killing kids every time they were born was ok.... Maybe they'd wait until he was an adult and instead of he was bad?

Timely also was just sort of there? Not bbeg at all? So some don't become that?

nevin

Hero

that would make Loki season 2 even more pathetic. It was just a failure on every level. It was just simply a season of no consequence that could have just been handwaived by saying they broke the sacred timeline and now it restarts. The ending of season 2 is where season 2 should have started.

MarkB

Legend
If Mobius was that variant, how did he watch time move forward for that variant? I mean, he's gone, right? Also, man, those poor kids when their dad disappeared.....
That was, presumably, the original-timeline version of Mobius, or at least a different variant thereof. Whenever Mobius was removed from his own variant timeline, that timeline would have been pruned in the process - no kids to miss their dad, no entire universe in which they existed.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
That was, presumably, the original-timeline version of Mobius, or at least a different variant thereof. Whenever Mobius was removed from his own variant timeline, that timeline would have been pruned in the process - no kids to miss their dad, no entire universe in which they existed.
All the variants like jet skis? Why that one, there are hundreds to visit? Anyway, that part wasn't important to my feelings about the show and I shouldn't have mentioned it.

Yes, we have known this since the mid-credits scene with all the Kangs in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. And the events of that film were alluded to by Mobius in the new TVA at the end of the finale.
The joke is that the war wasn't going to happen because the loom's failsafe destroys anything but the sacred timeline. So no war. Just reset.

But Loki broke the failsafe, ending the loop, and putting war back on the menu. We as an audience knew the war was coming from Quantumania, but that takes place after the events of Loki S2 as you pointed out.

Remove ads