[LPF] A Bad Light

sunshadow21

Explorer
You dispatch the sleeping goblins easily enough. You find nothing else of interest on the tower itself.

Looking down at the plateau you see a mostly flat, grassy field that ranges from ten to thirty feet in width and is about 100 yards long. The edge is surrounded by a crenelated wall and there are six stone pads for ballista, two of which are still there, though at this range, you can tell they are clearly not a threat to anybody.
Other points of interest include several piles of wood alongside the tower, some of it clearly for inside, some of it clearly for the beacon, and a large folded up crane arm attached to the tower above the piles. There is also a small cave entrance, depressions that work together to colllect water, and send it down into the cave, though at ground level you doubt you would even think twice about them, a small ruined garden plot, and a decent sized stone building next to the garden plot. The goblins have a small war camp setup out here as well, and you realize you got lucky that you approached in dark, stormy conditions.

When you go examine the plateau in greater detail, you find that the cave leads to a natural cistern, and has been expanded to include additional storage space. You see a rope hanging over the side near the war camp, and find about 1000 worth of trinkets, gems, baubles, and jewelry scattered throughout the camp, but the concentration is around the small make shift shrine and what was clearly the shaman's tent. In the cave, you find another 1300 gp of similar stuff collected by Skrom and the adept.

[sblock=rewards]Experience
Goblin Lookouts CR 5: 400 xp each

Treasure
460 gp each of coins, gems, and jewelry[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=oops]
Man, I am confused. This was never clearly stated before and would have changed things. :erm:

The map and the description of actions made it appear that he was with the others.

My question about whether I had a clear shot at him was answered that he moved behind the deflector with the other 4 on the platform.

If he was within striking distance, I would not have waited for the sleeping spell and attacked him as soon as the others had left./QUOTE]

I had tried to point it out by putting the outline around him, but not the other 4 goblins. My apologies for being unclear. If you had attacked, he would have simply cast obscuring mist, with the end result ultimately being the same, him fleeing immediately. Once the others started leaving, he was already planning his escape.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

OOC: So... we are done then?
When the cowardly shaman fails to make an appearance and they finish searching the area where the cretins were holed up, Borric starts packing things into his back pack for the long walk back to Venza.

He is still carrying the head of Skrom on the pike. When the others look at him with curiosity, he replies, "One never knows when we might run into the little fookers again. This will give them perspective."

"Once we get back to Venza, we can have the thing posted out front of the Dunn Wright Inn as a trophy. This bugger was a pain in the arse and we should get to brag about it at least."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 24 (22 without shield, 22 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 43 Current: 31
CMB: +7 CMD: 20 (22 vs. Trip/Disarm) Fort: +6 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear) +5 CMD for enlarged
Conditions in Effect: none

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Skrom's head on a pike
Chakram: 6/6 remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Gerald007

First Post
OOC: I am fine with either way, DM. And sorry Fury, I forgot I had your wand of CLW or I would have definitely used it on you a couple times.

GlassEye

Adventurer
OOC: Gerald, no problem, especially as the healing wasn't really needed.

As for wrap up, on a normal day I'd say let's play it out but I'm pretty worn out from being sick the past couple of days and would rather just wrap it up.

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: I'll call it officially done, and get a wrap up post up tonight after I get home from my real life gaming session. Pendragon is awesome, if you haven't tried it.

sunshadow21

Explorer
As the party finishes searching the goblin camp, they see a small cutter navigate the wrecks and the reefs, landing at the farthest point of the beach, disgorging several militia who immediately secure the tower and start cataloging the wrecks. The captain of the cutter gives the party a uneventful ride back to Venza where they report back to the colonel, and are told that once the cataloging is done, the militia will send them their cut of the results along with whatever else the colonel was able to scrounge up.

OOC: Time gp is reward + the cut from the cargo. I hope everyone enjoyed it despite the occasional frustrations.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Thanks, SS21.

Are we still waiting on the official totals of Treasure and XP awards? I checked the first post and it looks to be still in progress.

Remove ads