[LPF] Borric, Nathan, Sylvain, & Zelena

GlassEye

Adventurer
Zelena and Borric batter the undead creature dealing a significant amount of damage. It seems to totter on its bloated, rotting legs but as Sylvain struggles uselessly against its grasp malice flares in its eyes. Its grasp tightens and Sylvain fears this is the last for him but instead it drops its hold on the witch, tilts its head upwards and lets loose a ghastly shriek that sends cold shivers down everyones spine.

OOC: Round Five. Everyone is up.
DC 18 Will save or cower in fear for 1d4 rounds.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Initiative:
Party
Undead pair

Map:Note: Did not update the map.
Translucent Green squares = heavy undergrowth
Translucent Red squares = shallow bog

Party:
Borric 77/83 hp
Sylvain 29/66 hp grappled
Zelena 48/66 hp

Conditions in Effect: Blessing of Fervor (4/8 rounds); Pit, DC 25 to climb out (1/5 rounds)

Enemies:
Spirit (AC 18, T 18, FF 16) -8/44 hp [incorporeal] dissipated
Corpse (AC 19, T13, FF 16) 11/78 hp
[/sblock]

Iserd, witch of Gist

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena gives a brief sigh of relief as teh creature drops Syl. When it raises up and howls she does not even seem to bat an eye as her resolve holds. The spiritual morningstar strikes out twice at the creature but neither strike connects with the creature.

"May the light of sun burn away away is left of this foul beast!" Positive energy flows from the gnome again engulfing the small island with its effect. The gnome moves closer to the creature and watches to see if she has done enough and if not, if Borric can finish the beast off.

[sblock=Actions]
Save vs Fear Effect: 1D20+10 = [19]+10 = 29

Spiritual Weapon Attacks: 1D20+10 = [3]+10 = 13 1D20+5 = [8]+5 = 13 (miss x2)

Channel Energy vs Undead: 4D6 = [3, 1, 6, 1] = 11 (Will save vs DC 17 for half damage)

Move forward to H-7[/sblock]
[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric (Annaya) 8
Initiative: +6 Perception: +18
Conditions: Blessing of Fervor(7 rounds remaining), spiritual weapon 8 rounds)
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 62 of 66 (6 nonlethal damage)
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
In Hand: Mithral Morningstar +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Protection from Evil, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat (d)
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Pilfering Hand, spiritual Weapon, Sound burst, Align Weapon (good) (d)
  • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Water Walk, Fly (d)
  • (4th level - DC 17) Blessing of Fervor, Summon Monster 4, Holy Smite (d)
Channeling: 5 of 8 attempts remaining; Restorative Touch: 6 of 6 uses Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 uses remaining. [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Zelena's blast of divine energy washes over the animated corpse. Rotted skin burns away and the creature collapses in a heap of bones and putrid organs leaving the adventurers free from threat. The pit spell finally dissipates and the ground rises up slowly leaving Iserd sprawled on the ground. Battered from the ghost's attack and being dumped into the pit, Iserd is bruised and battered but she pushes herself stiffly to her feet. Her expression, however, is bleak as she surveys the destroyed corpse.

Gerald007

First Post
"Thanks guys. I shouldn't have just stood there after I hit him with my spell. I almost got eaten because of it. Thanks as always."

He turns to Iserd. "Now, what was that all about? You seem to be making enemies everywhere. Undead like that normally have a reason for wanting to kill you. What did you do to them?"

Sylvain statblock [sblock]

Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 8
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 66 of 66
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +6 Ref: +6 Will: +8
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane

• (0-level - DC 16) Daze (DC 17), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 18), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 19), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19)^, Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)
  • (4th level - DC 20) Confusion (DC 21), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice

Hexes DC 20

• Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Some Flight used, Cackle on Borric
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric gritted his teeth as the shriek threatened to scare the piss out him, but Zelena's divine energy finally deals with the ghastly creature once and for all. The icy grip on his sanity is abruptly gone and he is his normal arrogant self

"It is all good, Syl. Any fight where we are all none the worse for wear and the enemy is vanquished, is a victory and a good day."

"What were those creatures anyway?"
he asks as he gestures to the undead things with his flail. As a pointing device it is not so good, the spiked ball just hangs down from the handle.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +9
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 77 Current: 83
CMB: +13 CMD: 26 (28 vs. Disarm/ 30 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +6 Will: +5 (+7 vs. Fear) Current CMB +13, CMD 26
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Shock Flail
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
While Syl waits on the witch to start answering some questions, he uses his Healing hex to knit some of his wounds.

_: 2D8+6 = [5, 2]+6 = 13

Human Witch 8
Conditions:
HP: 66 of 66 (after Z's CMW)

• (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 18), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 19), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19)^, Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)

Hexes DC 20

• Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Some Flight used, Cackle on Borric, Healing on Syl
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena takes a few steps to reach Syl and lends a hand to help the witch to his feet. She then calls upon Annaya's aid and presses a glowing hand near the his remaining wound. "There you go. Good as new," the gnome says with a smile.

Answering Borric, "The first was a ghost. You should note that we did not likely destroy the creature either. She will reform in several days from now. They are often tied to some nasty event or such. The only way to actually destroy the thing is to set events right." She casts a gaze to Iserd.

She looks down at the remains of the undead creature that attacked Syl...

Cast Cure Moderate Wounds: 2D8+8 = [7, 2]+8 = 17 +8 for Healer's Blessing = 25 hit points healed.

Knowledge (Religion) to ID undead that attacked Syl : 1D20+12 = [8]+12 = 20

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric (Annaya) 8
Initiative: +6 Perception: +18
Conditions: Blessing of Fervor(7 rounds remaining), spiritual weapon 8 rounds)
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 62 of 66 (6 nonlethal damage)
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
In Hand: Mithral Morningstar +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Protection from Evil, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat (d)
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Pilfering Hand, spiritual Weapon, Sound burst, Align Weapon (good) (d)
  • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Water Walk, Fly (d)
  • (4th level - DC 17) Blessing of Fervor, Summon Monster 4, Holy Smite (d)
Channeling: 6 of 8 attempts remaining; Restorative Touch: 6 of 6 uses Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 uses remaining. [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric notices the look the gnomish lass gives the female witch and has a raise eyebrow as he remarks, "No sheet, huh? Well lady, what do you have to say about spirits haunting you?"

"I did not find the experience the most pleasant and would rather finish the ghost off once and for all instead of worry about it haunting me when I am sleeping."

He mutters to Syl, "Just what I need when tossing some barmaid in the hay. Along comes some fookin' ghost to scare my manhood to a limp noodle while my trousers are around my knees."

The brash fighter has a wry expression and is not sure what he will do with the information yet.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +9
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 77 Current: 83
CMB: +13 CMD: 26 (28 vs. Disarm/ 30 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +6 Will: +5 (+7 vs. Fear) Current CMB +13, CMD 26
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Shock Flail
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
"Ah, that's where I recognized that undead that grappled me. I think you and someone resembling that thing spent at least one passionate evening together after that cask of cheap brandy, didn't you? I felt very sorry for it,"
Syl laughed, feeling much better after Zelena patched him up.

Human Witch 8
Conditions:
HP: 66 of 66 (after Z's CMW)

Hexes DC 20

• Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Some Flight used, Cackle on Borric, Healing on Syl
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Iserd boldly returns Zelena's stare then suppresses sobs with great heaving breaths.

"They were," she begins "my sisters and they died tragic, untimely deaths." Iserd sniffs and wipes at her eyes though Borric isn't so sure there were actual tears to be wiped away. "Emris stepped into a hole hidden under the water and was bitten by an extremely poisonous watersnake and died. Ythaine died when the Ouhm was in flood and she was pinned to the dock by a downed tree and drowned. They have tormented me ever since."

Zelena knows that the undead that surged up out of the water and grappled with Sylvain was a type of undead called a 'revenant' formed when someone is murdered and that tracks down its killer to kill them in turn. That one should form in the drowning circumstance that Iserd describes is impossible according to Zelena's knowledge.

Iserd, witch of Gist

Remove ads