[LPF] Borric, Nathan, Sylvain, & Zelena

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric is not bothered by the pretty one's rebuff. It happens regularly enough. He pretends the old hag did not offer herself and asks instead, "What's this curse you speak of?"

"Why did it only work partially on her and not on that one?"

The brash fighter gestures to indicate the middle-aged and older crone in turn. He is curious, but these sort of matters are beyond his ken. His own expertise was abruptly circumvented when the young one deflected his own experimentation.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +9
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 83 Current: 83
CMB: +13 CMD: 26 (28 vs. Disarm/ 30 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +6 Will: +5 (+7 vs. Fear) Current CMB +13, CMD 26
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Blight would be more accurate, perhaps," says the Matron. She looks from the crone to the maiden and back to Borric. "And this is as we are; we have been restored."

"That which is Broken is weak," interrupts the old crone with venom. "But nothing you can do about it."

The three women lock gazes briefly before the matron returns her attention to the adventurers. "As before, you are safe here. Rest as long as you need before you begin the next leg of your journey." While you could continue to press the three women before you for further explanation it seems fairly clear that they are reluctant to share some secrets.

[sblock=OOC]Ready to head off to Gist unless you really want to continue the conversation with the women.[/sblock]

_
________Old Crone___________Aldino Galucci

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena listens to the woman and gaugues how they are responding she then asks, "So you were cursed... by the dwarves? Or something else? Without sharing whatever secrets you wish to keep yours, what else did you not tell us of what was up that mountain and in Khuldun? I get it, that you did not mention anything before because you three would rather not be indebted to anyone, but it seems over, can you share what you know now?"

Gerald007

First Post
"Waltor, I think she's keen on...well, one of us at least. You want to go talk to her,"
the witch asks with a laugh. "Crones generally don't make the best of bedfellows, no matter what Borric might tell you!"

The witch listens intently to all the talk about the curses and issues related to the crones.

OOC [sblock]Sorry on the delay on getting my finances squared. Im having some Internet issues, but my plan is to go to the office tomorrow, and try to get everything banged out for good.[/sblock]

Sylvain statblock [sblock]

Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 8
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 66 of 66
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +7
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane

• (0-level - DC 16) Daze (DC 17), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 18), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 19), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19), Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)
  • (4th level - DC 20) Confusion (DC 21), Enervation, Wall of Ice

Hexes DC 20

• Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

GlassEye

Adventurer
"We were blighted by what followed the dwarves..."

"Dwarves of Old were oh, so Bold..." the ugly crone begins dancing a jig as she chants.

The matronly crone ignores her and continues. "...and bound to not speak directly of it." She frowns and her brows knit together in worry. "A shadow of that darkness rested in Khuldun; beyond the gate slumbers the greater darkness. We only know that the dwarves were terrified of it, and you yourselves witnessed the madness brought on their descendants by it and how it twisted the heart of the mountain."

"Be warned!"

Aldino looks askance at Zelena. "Oh dear. You're not thinking of going back up there are you?"

_

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Swash1.jpg

Borric snorts at Syl's comment about what he has to say regarding the frequenting of brothels and such.

But the crone's other information draws his attention, "So that walking pile of rocks that was harder to kill than the other two was related to the curse. Hmm, well it wasn't so tough. With you guys supporting me, we could handle a couple more."

"However, heading into the unknown to go after trouble for trouble's sake is not as appealing. If there was a fair maiden to rescue, then I am all for it. Piles of more dwarven treasure will be just fine as well."

"But you don't have to come with use, grandpa. In fact, whatever we do, we can see you back to civilization first. I think we should check on the lizard to make sure everything back there is up to snuff while we are at it. I still think we should have gotten a percentage back there."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +9
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 83 Current: 83
CMB: +13 CMD: 26 (28 vs. Disarm/ 30 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +6 Will: +5 (+7 vs. Fear) Current CMB +13, CMD 26
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

[sblock=OOC]Stupid site troubles! I double posted Borric and cannot delete the second. So I will rant instead. :p

I am getting tired of the slowness of the site. It kicks errors and stuff too when trying to post or go to threads. I have not received a notification in days, though I was getting a few when I was quoted or mentioned. Now nothing. I would have thought this would have bee resolved by now.

Anyway, I was fine with heading to Gist whenever. Any news on jkasen?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Gerald007

First Post
OOC[sblock] Thanks to PM, I think Syl is finally ready for 8th level. I bought a Ring of Protection +2 and a few scrolls to add to Waltor's known spells. Here are my spellcraft checks to see if they take...I need a 2 or better. Black Tentacles 1d20+17=18. SMIV 1d20+17=24. Son of a b*tch, I rolled a one, lol. There goes 700 gp![/sblock]

Sylvain statblock [sblock]

Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 8
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 66 of 66
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +7
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane

• (0-level - DC 16) Daze (DC 17), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 18), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 19), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19), Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)
  • (4th level - DC 20) Confusion (DC 21), Enervation, Wall of Ice

Hexes DC 20

• Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.
[/sblock][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Songdragon

Explorer
"I see and understand." Zelena says as she recalls that the Crones could not say something to them.

She looks back to Aldino, "Yes actually. Since the our hosts already know of it I will mention it in their company. There is a gate, one of those Gates of E'n up there in the dwarven place. I was kind of thinking of trying to use it... see where we end up and all. After we re-provision that is."

[sblock=ooc]Hmmm.... to bad we did not have enough funds to make ourselves a new home/base out of that dwarven place... and if you could figure out how the gate worked to send you to a specific place... *grins* The illusions of grandeur I suppose.

Re site troubles... time for a new board for our game perhaps? EN is going to be down Wed or Thurs again for a day. [/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
The matron scowls at Borric obviously of the opinion that Borric and Zelena are not taking the threat beyond the gate seriously enough. "The dwarven race, the greatest wizards and warriors on E'n and beyond, was laid low by what lies beyond..."

"Oh dear," murmurs Aldino.

"...but Pride became their Fall..." the crone continues her jig around Borric but swings her bony backside to bump into Nathan.

"I think it is brave," begins the maiden who up until now has remained silent. Her voice is low and sultry, laden with promise, and immediately gains the men's attention again. "And the dwarves themselves would tell you they were felled by the Envy of the dark races, dragons and orc among them. Should you brave the gate you'll need whatever strength you can muster. Perhaps a bit of their own magics would help..." She smiles but the crafty smile sits oddly upon her beautiful face. The maiden approaches Sylvain and reaches a hand out to his shoulder holding her palm level. Waltor scuttles forward hesitantly but after a few clicking sounds from the maiden he moves onto her outstretched palm. Moving Waltor towards her mouth she whispers some unintelligible words in a breathy voice to the scorpion. Waltor bobs in time to her words but the moment suddenly passes and the maiden replaces the scorpion on Sylvain's shoulder.

[sblock=Gerald]Remember when I offered Sylvain a spell from the crones and you declined? I think I can give you a circumstance bonus to Waltor's learning of Black Tentacles instead. It'll still cost what you paid for it, but you can add the spell to your known spells.[/sblock]

_

Remove ads