[LPF] Borric, Nathan, Sylvain, & Zelena

GlassEye

Adventurer
After several dull days of leaving Aquos to study the gate, the key, and his books the tiefling scholar is still able to only to ramble on about incomprehensible facets of his research. It doesn't take long to figure out that the pedantic creature has no idea about the gate but is too afraid to come out and say it. It is clear that without useful information from Aquos the three will have to rely upon Zelena's divinations or blindly activate the gate unless the group is willing to return to civilization for further study.

Songdragon

Explorer
"I can all upon Annaya's aid... several times, if needs be, but what should we ask. If the spell is used more than once, we will need very different queries, otherwise the answer will be the same." Zelena informs the others.

"Some questions off the top of my head are; Can we activate the gate safely, without harm to us or others? If we activate the gate can do we currently have the means to return? Is there a way to tell, within the chamber, or sum of our knowledge where we will end up?" she looks to the others, "Any ideas? Remember, when we do ask I have found that being specific in the question usually gets us better answers without answers that are too darn cryptic."

The gnome looks towards the heavens, "No offense was meant oh Reverend One."

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric (Annaya) 8
Initiative: +6 Perception: +18
Conditions: Blessing of Fervor(7 rounds remaining), spiritual weapon 8 rounds)
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 66 of 66
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
In Hand: Mithral Morningstar +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Protection from Evil, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat (d)
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Pilfering Hand, spiritual Weapon, Sound burst, Align Weapon (good) (d)
  • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Invisibility Purge, Fly (d)
  • (4th level - DC 17) Blessing of Fervor, Air Walk, Holy Smite (d)
Channeling: 8 of 8 attempts remaining; Restorative Touch: 6 of 6 uses Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 uses remaining.

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
"To me, the most portent questions are simple...can we predict where we would end up if we use that thing? Secondly, could we return, once we end up wherever we end up? Everything else, I think we can deal with. Ad a point I hadn't really thought about until now, is whether or not Aquos will be accompanying us on our journey however blind it might be. I doubt he can make his way back on his own, without our magical help. Yes, Waltor, if you just know, I doubt I could make it all the way back without a bunch of magic either."

Sylvain statblock [sblock]

Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 8
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +6 Ref: +6 Will: +8
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane

• (0-level - DC 16) Daze (DC 17), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 18), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 19), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19)^, Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)
  • (4th level - DC 20) Confusion (DC 21), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice

Hexes DC 20

• Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Some Flight used, Cackle on Borric
[/sblock][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric yawns from the boredom of being inactive for so long. The warrior could only stretch, exercise and train with his weapons so much in a given day without becoming stir crazy and feeling the need to bash something or someone. Luckily there were still rocks left from the moving rock piles they defeated earlier that he could take his frustrations out on.

He grumbles, "Let's just take the sage with or leave him to watch over the gate for our trip, Syl."

"I say activate the damned thing and see if it works, lass. Why not? Worse thing that can happen is we destroy the entire mountain as it collapses in on itself, yeah? No big deal, probably ain't gonna happen."

"If we can actually activate it and Aqous is still ignorant as a doorknob... no offense mate... then we can shut it down to go about some divining to ask those questions Syl mentioned."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +9
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 94 Current: 94
CMB: +14 CMD: 27 (29 vs. Disarm/ 31 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +7 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Discussion is good but I need an action from someone to advance the scene: cast the spell, activate the gate, pack your bags and go home, whatever else...[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena looks to Borric and quips, "Always a man of action. Have a little patience my friend. It will not take too long."

The gnome returns to the entrance of the dwarven complex and waits for the sun to rise. While she waits she prepares her components and offerings to her goddess. While Zelena could have cast the spell just about anywhere, she hoped to appease Annaya by waiting to do the ritual in the goddess' aspect of the Sun. As the sun clears the horizon the ritual begins. The ritual seems to take twice as long as it might normally and consumes double the materials it should, a moment later the spell is cast.

Zelena asks, "Annaya I beseech your guidance as my companions and I attempt to use one of the great Gates of E'n. We seek simple, yet important answers so that we may activate this powerful artifact without harming ourselves or others. Annaya, with the tools we currently have on hand, are we able tell where this great device will take us and when we activate this Gate of E'n and then choose to return, will we be able to come back safely without great expense of time and resources of our selves or that of other people?"

[sblock=OOC] I hope it was alright to simple combine 2 spells into one by taking twice as long and paying the cost twice. I will mark of two divination spells and components. If it is an issue, Zelena would have just cast the spell twice. Since there was the time, Zelena would not have waited two days before discovering Aqous basically knows nothing. She would have cast the spell the following morning that the group arrived.[/sblock]
[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric (Annaya) 8
Initiative: +6 Perception: +18
Conditions: Blessing of Fervor(7 rounds remaining), spiritual weapon 8 rounds)
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
In Hand: Mithral Morningstar +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Protection from Evil, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat (d)
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Pilfering Hand, spiritual Weapon, Sound burst, Align Weapon (good) (d)
  • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Invisibility Purge, Fly (d)
  • (4th level - DC 17) divination, divination, Holy Smite (d)
Channeling: 8 of 8 attempts remaining; Restorative Touch: 6 of 6 uses Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 uses remaining.

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
When Zelena finishes her spell she is momentarily transfixed by the golden light of the early morning sun. The high, chill wind falls still and Zelena is filled with warmth as the burning incense wafts up to fill her nose with the aroma of summer fields of grass and wildflowers. She senses movement in the light and involuntarily strains for a glimpse of her goddess but relaxes when a soothing, sing-song voice washes over her and fills her with peace of mind.

"Lost to mortal-kind is the broken gate; shattered in the coils of darkness and danger that lie upon the other side.
Rediscovered, return is by the second key, the twisting path of the lost... or a Mother's love of her own."

With the last word the golden light fades to normal sunlight.

[sblock=OOC]Casting divination as you have is fine. I think only one is necessary, though. As for when you cast it, that's also fine; results are good for an action/event/etc. that occurs within a week of the casting. I wasn't intentionally going for cryptic in Annaya's reply so if it seems that way I can give initial impressions of the answer if you want.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

After Zelena's comment about patience, Borric grumbles and goes off to sacrifice more rocks to the god of rubble... if there even is such a being.

"Patient she says. Goll, I have been fookin' patient as hell for two gods be damned days now. But I will happily transfer my frustrations onto the unlucky bastards that oppose us on the other side of the gate..."

"assuming we even get the blasted thing open..."

"Maybe there will be a land of beautiful virgins that only desire to fulfill my fantasies... We could drink and ah... talk for days then. Yeah, let's say 'talk'. Pshaw."

Borric tries to cast his own divination spell, arranging some broken chunks of rocks in a unique pattern and reciting some mumbo jumbo of his own. Needless to say he only manages to receive silence... which is perhaps very revealing.

The gods of E'n do not talk to stubborn pr*cks that don't tithe properly.

Borric's disappointment is such that he completely misses the gnome's success.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +9
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 94 Current: 94
CMB: +14 CMD: 27 (29 vs. Disarm/ 31 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +7 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]
OOC: Well since my character cannot actually do much, I figure my job is to entertain with my writing. :)

Gerald007

First Post
Despite the seriousness of the gate issues, Syl was greatly amused by Borric's divination skills. "Did your gods happen to say anything about excessive drinking and whoring? I am hoping it would be looked upon very favorably!" He smacks the warrior on the back, and grabs an uncomfortable seat on the ground as Zelena continues her communication with her higher powers.

Sylvain statblock [sblock]

Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 9
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 74 of 74
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will: +8
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane

• (0-level - DC 16) Daze (DC 18), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 19), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 20), Glitterdust (DC 20), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19), Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)
  • (4th level - DC 20) Confusion (DC 22), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice
  • (5th level - DC 21)Baleful Polymorph (DC 21), Feeblemind (DC 23)

Hexes DC 20

• Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Some Flight used
[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena, seemingly in good spirits after have communed with her goddess, returns about an hour later after basking in the warmth of the sun. Of course the time seemed much longer for those within the lightless dwarven complex. She stands before Borric, Syl, and has Aqous present as well. She then starts, "Well, there seems to be some good news and some not so good news."

She looks to the trio, "What are your thoughts?"

The gnome tells the trio exactly what Annaya told her and let it sink in a moment, "The good news, is that from the other side we should be able to return. There is a second key, which seems like something we will have to locate on the other side. But there also seems an alternative should that fail. From what I gather, we could return with Annaya's aid, but I am sure that is not such an easy task as it sounds, but something that is doable. As for where we are going, it really does not seem too pleasant. This side of the Gate seems to have been lost to the world with the dark powers that guarded it and likely killed anyone who happened upon it. The other side, seems like it would be more of what we have already faced here, those dark energy creatures. Of course I am only guessing, but I get the impression there was a good reason that the Gate was forgotten. On the other hand, while we found some treasure here, the legends of this place seemed to speak of more than we ever found. Yes, the Gate in itself is a treasure, but I have a feeling there is more on the other side too. Let us hope that someone has not found it, right!"

She looks to Aqous, "As the others have eluded too, what are your intentions? You can come with us, but unfortunately you do not seem to be of the 'adventurer' type. You could remain here, but should we not return you are kind of stuck here then, unless a hag or three happen upon you." She says in jest as she continues, "Or we might be able to return you down the mountain to where we left the guy's mounts and you can head back alone. I do not think we have the time to return you all the way to Gist ourselves and then make a return trip back."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases