log in or register to remove this ad

 

[LPF] Buyer's Remorse

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Iosef's blade hacks into the terrified thug, but is not quite sufficient to down him. Souza is not so lucky, however, as Thaddeus exacts his revenge slamming his blade home into the back of the rogue's neck and neatly severing his spinal chord - he slumps lifelessly and slides from the blade!

OOC: Brân is up!


[sblock=ACZ]Blah, sorry about that you should have been the next up to rather than Bran.[/sblock]

BuyersRemorseMap1g.jpg
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Brân looks at the crowd in front of him, scanning for an opening. He sees an opportunity to take one of the thugs out of the battle temporarily and sends his whip lashing out . . . only to have it flail uselessly, not even snapping satisfyingly.

[sblock=Actions]Trip Attempt (1d20=2) (Well, Brân's about useless at teats on a bull this fight . . . :blush:)

Just in case anyone else thinks they've got it bad regarding dice rolls:
Over the last two days I've made 17 rolls. I've broken 10 exactly 3 times, and nine of my rolls have been 1, 2 or 3. I've used both the ENWorld roller and IC - doesn't seem to matter.
When this streak turns around my characters will be hell on wheels!
[/sblock]
 

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Useless bunch of turds!" Narsh roars at Souza's corpse, "I'll show you how to fight. Get ready girly man!" The last comment is apparently directed against Iosef for the half orc slashes at his with both ends of his double axe in an oddly graceful whirling spin.

The half orc has the decency to look embarrassed as both of his blows fail to hit home.

Borric attempts to show Narsh how to operate an axe chopping at the thugs before him again, but this seems to be a poor day for axemen and he cannot find the mark either.

Both thugs swing their rusty blades at Borric in response, seeking the warriors blood, but nobody seems to be having much luck in wetting their blades.

OOC: Sylvain is up!
 
Last edited:

Gerald007

First Post
As it was obvious the one called Narsh was the leader and more formidable of the remaining foes, Syl decided to target him with one of his hexes. "It seems you are destined for a run of bad luck, thief," the witch instructed the thug, confusing him for a moment.

Misfortune Hex on Narsh (DC 14 Will)
 

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Narsh sighs heavily as he sees Sylvain beginning to cast and attempts to steel himself. Narsh blinks for a moment and scowls,

"What the frag d'you do to me scrawny?"

OOC: Thaddeus is up!

 
Last edited:

rb780nm

First Post
OOC: I;m going to post my actions out of order, to speed things up when my turn rolls around... If Narsh is down by then, please retcon this into an attack on someone else standing nearby


"I'm sure... we could just... work this out, ... if... you would... negotiate in good faith!... By the high lord... I... don't want to... have to fight you."
The Paladin tries to reason with Narsh between thrusts, parries and feints. His attacks come to naught, much like his words.
 
Last edited:

Ace Cipher Zero

First Post
Thaddeus rejoiced briefly in his clean kill. But he cannot yet rest, there is more to be done: that half-orc was slicing at his companions, and it should be his turn to taste a blade. Thaddeus took a few steps forward, swinginghis sword in large vertical circles, and struck once within range with a mighty blow.

OOC: Advance to H10, POWER ATTACK!!
 

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Thaddeus hacks into Narsh between neck and shoulder leaving a massive wound that surely must fell the half orc... But no hatred flares in Narsh eyes as he turns upon Thaddeus pain contorting his features into a terrifying mask of fury and agony.

"I'll farking pluck you you farking turkey!" Narsh bellows.

OOC: Bran is up!


BuyersRemorseMap1h.jpg
 

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
And the streak continues . . .

Trip Attempt (1d20=6)

Brân works the whip again, still trying to pull the feet out from under one of the thugs facing Borrik - again, to no avail.

Ye gods, I'm glad for these stalwart companions . . . weren't for them I'd be a goner for sure!

[sblock=perrinmiller]I'll go with this color for Brân. I used to try to pick colors that suited characters but I've got so many now that I've started going with Dark Orange as a standard.

However, Slate suits my Tengu better so I'll take it - Dark Orange is all yours! (We'll just have to make sure Borrik and Pari don't adventure together, as Dark Orange matches his hair and eyes, and he's been using it since his creation . . . :D)

36 approved LPF characters and counting - I think we're going to be in trouble if we insist that they all have different speech/thought colors.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Gritting his teeth against the pain Narsh hisses at Thaddeus and spins his axe at the Tengu slashing with each end of the double axe! But the pig faced half orc's wounds evidently pain him too much and he pulls back his axe in pain coming nowhere near striking the Tengu.

Frustration mounting Borric swing his axe at the thugs before him once more snarling and silently vowing to inflict some damage this time! And so he does, one mighty blow sending both of the thugs to the ground in a growing pool of their own warm blood!

The final thug sprints around the corner and out of sight.

OOC: Sylvain is up!


BuyersRemorseMap1i.jpg
 
Last edited:

Gerald007

First Post
"Throw down your weapon, Narsh, and we will let you survive for yet another day. this battle is done," Sylvain lectures to the bleeding mercenary. While waiting for a response, he moves to I10, and noticing the blood still streaming down Blackhawk's feathers, reaches out and heals a small portion of the tengu's wounds.
 
Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Narsh scowls, "You let me walk away and I will," he offers cautiously.

OOC: Thaddeus is up!


[sblock=Healing]Was that a mistake with the dice?[/sblock]

BuyersRemorseMap1j.jpg
 
Last edited:

Gerald007

First Post
(I used my healing hex for Blackhawk. It was a dice mistake DM...I am still getting used to the roller and posting over here. I am struggling a bit, lol!)

"You agree to answer some questions for us, and I will talk to the rest of the group on your behalf."
 
Last edited:


Ace Cipher Zero

First Post
The Black Hawk felt the soothing caress of healing magic on his back, but that was no reason to give up on this insolent thug. "Alright then, stand and be defeated as with your companion!" Thaddeus spins his sword to the left, then to the right, and brings it down to fell the trash standing before him.
 

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Thaddeus's blade hacks into Narsh's gaping wound and in an explosion of gore the pig faced half orc is no more.

Victory!

"Oh gods, well done, I see I have engaged the right men for the job. Please pardon my cowardice, I am no warrior I'm afraid." Secalli says weakly, "Please a moment to recover myself if you will." He leans against the wall breathing heavily.

A speedy search of your downed adversaries reveals the following items.

[sblock=XP]Total XP 1005
XP per PC 201[/sblock]

[sblock=Items]
Total Value: 606gp

Narsh Skullsplitter:Orc Double Axe 60gp, Chainshirt 100gp, Dagger x 2 4gp, Potion of Cure light Wounds x 2 100gp, Ivory Dice 10gp, 3gp

Rolando Souza:
Shortsword 10gp, Cold Iron Shortsword 20gp, Dagger x 5 10gp, Chainshirt 100gp, Acid x 2 20gp, Tanglefoot Bag 50gp, Silver Longsword 30gp, 10gp

Thugs: Shortswords x 2 20gp, Studded Leather Armor x 2 50gp, Dagger x 4 8gp, 4gp[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Once you are done searching Secalli having recovered somewhat beckons you forward. Across the next street he leads you to the Reining Inn Livery Stables where he hands some coin over to a boy and a sleek black carriage is swiftly produced.

Secalli clambers up into the driver's seat, "My driver fled some days ago I am afraid, but fear not I am a fair hand with a team. Make yourself comfortable please gentlemen, the journey will take a few hours, we should be there before dusk."

Once you are all seated in the comfortable, if austere, interior the coach shudders into motion and you are speeding through the streets of Venza and into the countryside beyond.
 

Ace Cipher Zero

First Post
Thaddeus looks through their gear, then a glint off of the killed man's armor catches his eye.

"All of you... are there any who would want this chain shirt? If so I would forgo it to you if you had a need for it, but this would let me move around much faster, and although it affords me less protection, it frees me to evade more attacks--as it is, my armor limits my abilities to dodge."
 

Gerald007

First Post
"Take what you want. You certainly turned the tide in the battle. I'd say it was well-earned. It might be for the best if I take the tangle foot bag and at least one of the vials of acid. I don't plan on being in the front line, exchanging sword blows, if I can help it. When I run out of spells, having something else to add to a battle might be of use to everyone." Syl checked to be sure Waltor was comfortable after being jostled during the battle, and carefully tucked him in for the long ride ahead of them.

"Oh, and Blackhawk, I can only heal you one time per day. So be careful until about this time tomorrow," Syl says with a grin, still pulsing with adrenaline after the battle.
 

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
[sblock=Advancing the Adventure]I'll make a post advancing things tomorrow, until then feel free to RP, divvy, etc., to your hearts content. Very pleased with the pace so far so well done folks![/sblock]
 

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top