[LPF] Kaedyn's Quest

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, human slayer

As they pack the wagon, Ru finally gets around to asking Damaris to heal him. After a fourth use of his wand, he waves her off on a fifth.

"Still a little sore on the left side, but a little bit of pain can help a body focus," he says with a grin.

As they pack, he tries to keep the magical items somewhere they can be accessed. "If the rest of us keep an eye out, you should have plenty of time to try to suss out what all the magical mucky muck does on the ride, Princess," he says. "Saves us a smidge of time, and since we're running behind anyway, might as well catch up where we can."

Ru smiles at the gnome's offer to drive.

"Kind of you, little man," he says. "That'll let the rest of us keep watch. Almost like built in caravan guards. Besides, if there's trouble, you can keep the loot out of the line of fire."

[sblock=ooc]CLW wand charges. (1d8+1=8, 1d8+1=7, 1d8+1=6, 1d8+1=7)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 19 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 15)
HP: 57/62

Initiative: +4
Perception: +9 (+11 Studied Target(s), +12 Traps)
Sense Motive: +5 (+7 Studied Target(s))
CMB: +6 CMD: 20 Fort: +8 Reflex: +10 Will: +4
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects, +3 Ref vs. traps)

Wakizashi: +10/+5, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +8/+8/+3/+3, 1d6
Nunchaku: +6/+1, 1d6
Shuriken: +6/+1, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Studied Target (move action or with sneak attack success, up to 2 targets), -2/+4 Power Attack

Conditions:Ioun Stone illumination, Studied Target (winged woman. +2 attack / damage & var skills), Demonbane oil (Wakazashi x2, +2 Attack, +2d6 damage).


In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Shuriken: 9/10 remaining
CLW Wand charges: 35/50 remaining

Used: 15 days' rations[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Systole

First Post
Rhas_150.jpg


Rhas grunts. "We're not like caravan guards. We are caravan guards. And if we're going to Venza, then we might talk about payment by the league and hazard pay and suchlike, aye? Of course, we can do that on the road, and I'd fain be quit of this place." He settles in and winces as one of his wounds reopens and starts seeping. "Och, I'll take some of that healing, methinks. Else this is going to be a longish ride."

[sblock=OOC]26+11 for the level up = 37/77.
6 wand taps 1d8+1=2, 1d8+1=4, 1d8+1=4, 1d8+1=6, 1d8+1=7, 1d8+1=2 37 + 25 = 62/77
3 more taps 1d8+1=6, 1d8+1=3, 1d8+1=6 62+15= 77/77
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Rhas Ironeyes

AC: 19 (13 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 77/77
CMB: +9 CMD: 23
Fort: +7 Reflex: +6 Will: +4
Weapons: Heavy Crossbow (+14/+9 or +12/+12/+7, 1d10+9, 19-20x3) or Dwarven Waraxe (+9, 1d10+3, 20x3)

Perception: +15
Initiative: +4

Reliable Strike: 0/1

Weapon in Hand: Heavy Crossbow (+14/+9 or +12/+12/+7, 1d10+9, 19-20x3)
Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items:
None

[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
Umthirn nods at Rhas' assessment. "Aye, we'd best work as proper guards," he observes. "Rhas, will ye' ride 'aside the gnome? Miss Damaris can ride along in the back and work her magic, or walk if she prefers. Ru, that leaves front and rear for you and me. Which'll ye have?" He asks.
 


perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 15, 14:20 - Miles North of Thornbury ~

The wagon was pretty crowded with goods, armor and weapons piled on the back. The driver’s bench could hold two people fine. There was not much room in back for passengers unless they were to sit upon the loot.

Without a road ahead, at least until you made it back to the destroyed farm, the terrain was going to be rough and slow going to maneuver the wagon through the forest surrounding the gnoll’s fort. It was going to be impossible for Damaris to remain still enough to concentrate on examining auras until the wagon was rolling along the smooth road.

Hrandeth_zpsa785cdcc.jpg

Hrandeth climbed up on the drives bench, looking rather small. But he was still able to hold the reins and brace himself to control the beasts pulling the wagon.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Party Status:
Code:
Ru:        57/62 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   38/47 HP remaining; 
Rhas:      77/77 HP remaining; 
Umthirn:   54/62 HP remaining; 
  
Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
  Ru: Studied Target 2/2
  Damaris: Bard Perf 14/14; Spells 1st 3/5, 2nd 0/4; SLA 1/1
  Umthirn: Stun Fist 6/6
Conditions in effect: Message, Mage Armor (Umthirn), Demon's Bane (Ru, Umthirn)
[/sblock]
 

jkason

First Post
Ru shrugs to Umthirn as the southerner slings his backpack up onto the wagon.

"Since we have a wagon, at least I won't slow us down from the rations any more," he says. "Though I'm still not as fast as you in a pinch. Maybe I should take front, since you can get up to me faster than I'd be able to make it to you?"

[sblock=ooc]Umthirn has a better perception, but Ru has a better Stealth. Uthirn also a better base speed. As above, he may be able to get in to help faster than Ru, so it may balance out best that way, though I have no strong feelings either way.[/sblock]
 

Systole

First Post
Rhas_150.jpg


Rhas chuckles. "No matter to me how you set up." He pats his crossbow. "It's one of the benefits of bein' a shootist -- ye get to ride in the crossbow perch and save yer boot-leather."

[sblock=OOC]Rhas has pretty good perception, just FYI.
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Rhas Ironeyes

AC: 19 (13 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 77/77
CMB: +9 CMD: 23
Fort: +7 Reflex: +6 Will: +4
Weapons: Heavy Crossbow (+14/+9 or +12/+12/+7, 1d10+9, 19-20x3) or Dwarven Waraxe (+9, 1d10+3, 20x3)

Perception: +15
Initiative: +4

Reliable Strike: 0/1

Weapon in Hand: Heavy Crossbow (+14/+9 or +12/+12/+7, 1d10+9, 19-20x3)
Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items:
None

[/sblock]
 

mfloyd3

Explorer
Umthirn nods. "Fair enough, I'll take the rear." With a nod to the others, the dwarf falls in line behind the wagon.

[sblock=OOC]
Umthirn will walk about 10' behind the wagon when it is in motion, though with the rough terrain he may need to come up and push sometimes.
[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]

Umthirn
AC: 21 (Touch 17, Flatfooted 17) (*mage armor in effect*)
HP: 62/62

Initiative: +4 Movement: 40'
Perception: +12 Sense Motive: +12 Acrobatics: +11 ( +6 with jump checks)
CMB: +9 (11 w/ Grapple) CMD: 24 (26 vs Grapple/28 vs Trip & Bull Rush)
Fort: +8&% Reflex: +8&* Will: +9&
& +2 vs. spells, poison, and spell-like abilities
% +2 vs poison/drugs, +4 vs alcohol
* Evasion

Stunning Fists (DC 17) 5/6
Exploit Weakness against Target D20+9 (DC 10+ (CR/Hardness):
Bonus To hit Active: +2 to hit / Ignore DR
Bonus to Defense Active: +2 AC/Reflex/Sense Motive
Immune To Fatigue

In Hand: Unarmed Attack: +8 1d8+5+1d6 or +8/+8/+3 Flurry: 1d8+5+1d6

[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 15, 18:00 - Arriving Thornbury ~

Hrandeth_zpsa785cdcc.jpg

Hrandeth made room for Rhas beside him on the driver's bench. It was not hard to do, considering the gnome was not very big. He clicked his tongue and shook the reins to get the mules into motion, following Ru out of the gnoll fort while Damaris and Umthirn followed behind in case they needed to push.

It took almost an hour to work the wagon through the forest and back towards the destroyed farmstead. It was rough going since you had not looked for a suitable track or trail the gnolls might have used.

However, after reaching Deerlake Farm, you were able to use the roads and make decent time. It was nearly evening and time for supper when the buildings of Thornbury came into view through the trees and the keep under construction was visible on the hill overlooking the road and village.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Party Status:
Code:
Ru:        57/62 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   38/47 HP remaining; 
Rhas:      77/77 HP remaining; 
Umthirn:   54/62 HP remaining; 
  
Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
  Ru: Studied Target 2/2
  Damaris: Bard Perf 14/14; Spells 1st 3/5, 2nd 0/4; SLA 1/1
  Umthirn: Stun Fist 6/6
Conditions in effect: Message, Mage Armor (Umthirn), Demon's Bane (Ru, Umthirn)
[/sblock]
 

mfloyd3

Explorer
Umthirn casts the approach to Thornbury an appraising look, then strides around to the cart to stand abreast of the driver. "Tell me, Master Hrandeth," he says. "Have ya got friends there? 'Cause we left on poor terms with the guard captain there. It might be wise if you could say a word on our behalf."
 

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases

Top