• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Tower of Power

SpicyWaffle

First Post
While tipping their hand might not have been Dane's first choice, the merits for a peaceful resolution were obviously a potential benefit. No one wanted another fracas in the old ruins; not after the roach incident and its near-mauling of the same man trying to scare whomever -- or whatever -- remained behind the musty door. If it worked, then fantastic! No more bloodshed! If they were simply more mindless creatures, then... well, they'd have to cross that bridge inevitably. Or, perhaps, it was Baggio, more scared than sane given what he must have had to deal with on his trek upwards this far into the ruins, having found the source of the stench. Whatever the case, the latter was certainly true: the repugnant odor was reaching an alarming high now, even worse than when the wind blew its wretched stink into their nostrils back at Mallack's equally swine-scented domain.

Regardless of how this played out, Dane had to be ready to follow suit with his comrades. He was at the back of the pack this time, so getting into the fray to assist them should it come to that was chief on his list. He'd need to be quick and decisive... but also careful. With all the talk of gremlins still firmly implanted in his mind from Fallson, there was no telling what manner of man or beast lied in wait behind that mysterious portal; but it was a portal they'd all need to cross the threshold of if they wanted to accomplish their agenda and put an end to this sickeningly foul air that permeated the dwarven tower.

[sblock=OOC]Not a lot Dane can contribute to here until the resolution of Samad's intimidate, so he'll still ready that Move Action to try and get into the doorway if it's not occupied.[/sblock]

[sblock=Dane's Mini Stats]

ff14-hyur-male-initial-gearBustampTokenVersion_zpsda1a8a4d.jpg

Dane Mazelo
AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 16/16
CMB: +2 CMD: 15
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Perception: +1
Initiative: +3
Current Weapon in Hand: Shortsword (+3, 1d6+3, 19-20x2); Torch
Current Conditions in Effect: Piranha Strike, Weapon Finesse

Used Items:
---
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Behind the door, there's a brief half-whispered, half-gargled conversation. While the words are unfamiliar, the tone is one of confusion.

[sblock]Not a bad roll ... except that what's behind the door doesn't speak Common.[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
"Very well," he whispered. He nodded to the others, slammed open the door, and dove in.

[sblock=OOC]I don't really know what it looks like on the other side, but I'll try to have Samad tumble past into a flanking position. Should I go ahead and roll that now?
Acrobatics: 1d20+7=16[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +1 CMD: 14
Fort: +0 Reflex: +5 Will: +2
Perception: +6, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+1, 1d6+1, 18-20 x2), Torch
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse
Spells Remaining (1st): 2/3

Used Items:
N/A[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Samad throws the door open and rushes in. No sooner has he set foot in the room than a club lands a glancing blow on his ear, and a javelin skids across his forearm.

The room appears to be some kind of sleeping chamber, and it is guarded by two hideous reptilian creatures. The stench is so thick in here that you can practically taste it.

trog_300.jpg

[sblock=GM]The Acrobatics roll is good enough to avoid an AoO, but Samad is hit by two readied attacks. Club for 2, Javelin for 2. He is at 5/9.

Samad can choose his square. I just put him there for convenience. The creature by the door still has an AoO. Everyone is up except Samad. I also just realized I forgot to include doors on the NE and SE walls. I'll fix the map next round.

The creatures are AC 16 (12 touch) and have 9 HP. If you have K:Dungeoneering, you can roll to identify the creatures. the DC for this check is 12. The creature at J2 has partial cover to ranged attacks fron the beds in front of it. Beds are difficult terrain.
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
ToP_202.png
[/sblock]

SpicyWaffle

First Post
Following right along behind Samad after slinging the pack around his shoulders to the floor once more, Dane reached the threshold just in-time to see his colleague poked and prodded for the second time today by denizens most foul. While he might not have recognized whatever these monsters were, it was clear as crystal that he and the others were no longer finagling with some oversized pest. These things were intelligent -- intelligent, and dangerous. Perhaps these were the gremlins Fallson had alluded to, their wretched odor so putrid and rank that the young farmer-turned-adventurer could feel it clinging to his very person paling in comparison to the murderous glint in their alien eyes.

He could worry about the stink later. Right now, they had a fight on their hands, and Dane wasn't going to sit by idly whilst their lives were in danger; doubly so with Samad now winged by the encroaching foes hovering within the room, eager for blood. In the flickering light of the torch held in his other hand, Dane could see all too well the reptilian, lizard-like face of their attacker; its powerful, sleek form almost predatory in nature by comparison to a normal man.

With teeth grit and his sword-arm reared back, the time for parley and surrender had passed. In a quick, violent thrust, the lightly armored human drove his blade towards his scaly foe, just as intent on taking it down as it likely was of them!

[sblock=OOC]Free Action: Drop Backpack so that Dane is now Lightly Encumbered and can move his full 30'.
Move Action: Move 30' to I-7. That should be exactly 30', too, unless I miscounted: 20' of Rough Terrain, 5' of Normal Terrain, then 5' into the square next to the creature.
Standard Action: Short Sword Attack +3 (w/ Piranha Strike) vs. Reptilian Creature AC16

[sblock=Dane's Mini Stats]

ff14-hyur-male-initial-gearBustampTokenVersion_zpsda1a8a4d.jpg

Dane Mazelo
AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 16/16
CMB: +2 CMD: 15
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Perception: +1
Initiative: +3
Current Weapon in Hand: Shortsword (+3, 1d6+3, 19-20x2); Torch
Current Conditions in Effect: Piranha Strike, Weapon Finesse

Used Items:
---
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
[sblock=GM] [MENTION=6704899]SinisterRogue[/MENTION] We sort of rebooted combat initiative. You can move and attack, or do whatever. You don't have to hold to your readied action.[/sblock]

SinisterRogue

First Post
After seeing Samad and Dane dash into the room, Aeron quickly follows suit. Aeron slips past Dane and further into the room as the young warrior attempts to cut down one of the monsters. Deciding to help clear the doorway and aid the human warrior, Aeron swings his scimitar towards the closest monster.

[sblock=OOC]Moving to J-6. Attacking Creature on J-7.
Attack Roll: 1d20+1 → [11,1] = (12). Miss.[/sblock]

[sblock=Aeron's Mini Stats]

View attachment 56109
Aeron
HP: 9/9
CMB: +1 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +2
Perception: +0
Initiative: +4
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+1, 1d6+1, 18-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Darkvision,
Spells Remaining (1st): 2/2

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
He should've expected that. He grit his teeth through the pain, and focused himself. He had passed one, and there was another in front of him, on the other side of a pile of beds. He trusted his allies could take care of the former, leaving him with the latter. Without thinking, he dropped his blade and switched his torch hand, lobbing it at his foe.

[sblock=OOC]Free action to drop the torch, and I guess a swift action to swap a weapon from off-hand to main?
Attack Roll (Ranged)(Torch): 1d20-1=19 Critical Threat! :eek:
Confirmation: 1d20-1=17 Critical Hit! :D

Damage: 1d6=2x2=4+1 fire= 5 damage
...I knew there'd be a catch...

EDIT: Forgot STR mod to damage, that's another 2 for 7 damage total.[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
HP: 5/9
CMB: +1 CMD: 14
Fort: +0 Reflex: +5 Will: +2