• Fighter

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Paladin

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Poll closed .

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
@Tonguez I see what you did there.

For all the noise that surrounds them, I've always loved the Pally as a class. But they are definitely (thanks to the RP aspects) always a class I discussed with my GMs and players first. My first (and most telling) question: Name three examples of paladins from myth, books, comics, film, or TV. It's actually quite surprising how few people can name three. The next question is why.

Can you do better? Zero points for King Arthur, Lancelot, Galahad, or Roland.

Paksenarrion
Kwai Chang Caine
Solomon Kane

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
When I first introduced my group to 5e right after it came out, we had a session zero to build characters. Most of my players had a good idea of what they wanted to play, but one of my players was stuck. I left them to flip through the book while I helped the others work on their characters.

About ten minutes later, that player fully silenced the room with the longest and loudest gasp I have ever heard in my life. We all looked at them, and they, as excitedly as I had ever seen them, shouted loudly to the group "THERE IS A BATMAN PALADIN?!?!" and then proceeded to make a Dragonborn Paladin based on Batman and named Batman, which set the tone for the rest of (admittedly short-lived) campaign.

My daughter's first character was also a Dragonborn Paladin (Oath of Ancients) because she loves dragons and protecting nature, and she named it Hulk, after her favorite superhero at the time, The Hulk.

8kvc0x.jpg

Remove ads