D&D General March Madness (D&D Classes) 2024 - Scores and Discussion

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
1709871589805.png

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Heads-up! If you want a shot at the $20 prize, you have about 4-1/2 hours to get your bracket posted.

So far, looks like Rogue and Wizard are the predicted favorites, with Fighter, Paladin, and Warlock behind them. Nobody is predicting Cleric for the win, despite it being one of the hallowed "Core Four" original classes.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Heads-up! If you want a shot at the $20 prize, you have about 4-1/2 hours to get your bracket posted.

So far, looks like Rogue and Wizard are the predicted favorites, with Fighter, Paladin, and Warlock behind them. Nobody is predicting Cleric for the win, despite it being one of the hallowed "Core Four" original classes.
I didn't even realize in my bracket I had the core 4 as my Final 4. How absolutely boring love :ROFLMAO:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I didn't even realize in my bracket I had the core 4 as my Final 4. How absolutely boring love :ROFLMAO:
Most of my bracket is Core Four, but I do love rooting for the underdog. A 7-2 upset in Round One would make this contest really interesting in a hurry.

I mean...it would be a shame if the Rogue got eliminated right out of the gate, wouldn't it?

claws GIF

Last edited:

Yaarel

He Mage
Yaarel March Madness Classes.png

This is a painful Madness. 5e Wizard is one of my favorite classes, but knocked out immediately.

CASTERS

The Psion I like best uses the Warlock chassis with spell points, such as the Psion by LaserLlama. Mind-only flavor. (Heh, no squick.)

Artificer belongs in the Martial column on the right, and is only a part-caster. But Swordmage is a full-caster and belongs on the left in the Caster column. They should switch places.

5e Bard is also one of my favorite classes ever.

The Warlock has the best mechanics of any 5e class. But I prefer the Druid flavor, so this was a painful choice.

Cleric needs more player-chosen religious flavor, or rather "sacred tradition" flavor.

Sorcerer is a vestige of former editions seeking a purpose in 5e. I dislike its awkward mechanics, and under scrutiny its flavor is too similar to Warlock. Yet its supposed innate magic flavor, still is forced to use the mechanics of learning material spell components. Ultimately, Sorcerer is probably my least favorite class, despite my love for innate spellcasting. I would happily have the Psion class replace it.

MARTIALS

Swordmage belongs among the Casters. In any case, I prefer the Caster Swordmage over the Martial Fighter.

Warlord is an important Martial concept that 5e continues to fail to implement satisfactorily.

I love the 5e Paladin, among my favorite classes. I like Monk too, but its mechanics are too inflexible with regard to flavor.

I prefer the light armor mobile Primal magic Barbarian over the Rogue, but like both classes.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Time's up! All brackets posted below this point in the thread are not eligible for the prize. But don't let that stop you from posting your predictions anyway...join the fun!

CreamCloud0

One day, I hope to actually play DnD.
out of curiosity, is there any specific reason why the caster and martial quarter and semi-finals are split into separate polls? i could see the benefit to separating these first two polls due to the sheer number of options but after that it just seems like it'd bloat the time to complete the tourney?

also yay, all correct on the caster poll, i wonder if my luck will hold for the martial bracket...

Remove ads