D&D 5E Meet Some of the 40+ Multiversal Monsters In Vecna: Eve of Ruin

Monsters and NPCs from Eberron, Ravenloft, Dragonlance, and more!

WotC's Todd Kenreck talks to game designers Ron Lundeen and Makenzie De Armas about the monsters in the upcoming Vecna: Eve of Ruin.

• Each of the chapters has its own theme and monsters that fit that theme.
  • There are about 40 monsters in the adventure.
  • Some are brand new, others are updated from earlier editions.
  • Demon Lord named Miska the Wolf Spider who is a champion of chaos with wolf-like spider.
  • Shape-changing mind-affecting powerful leaders.
  • Some of the monsters from earlier editions are inspired thematically from monster types.
  • Relentless stalker horror movie monsters that you can't get away from.
  • Some are really inventive and disturbing.
  • Spider dragons are an example of two types of creatures mushed together to be extra horrifying.
  • Granite juggernaught is an upgrade to Tomb of Annihilation's stone juggernaut.
  • Stat blocks for classic and characters including Alustriel Silverhand, Tasha.
  • New version of Strahd tied to the Death House.
  • New Tasha stat block is a younger version of Tasha from Wild Beyond The Witchlight with prototype versions of spells from Cauldron of Everything.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 12.14.49.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 12.15.18.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 12.16.48.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 12.17.13.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 12.17.35.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 12.18.12.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 12.18.37.png
Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 12.18.58.png
Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 12.19.05.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 12.19.50.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 12.20.17.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 12.20.41.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 12.21.06.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 12.21.34.png

In my opinion it's a bit of a step backwards from previous products in terms of art quality, to be honest. I do love the lich(?) thingy on the throne though. But if the white-haired woman is meant to be Alustriel, they've missed her character completely. Alustriel is meant to be the calm, mature one of the Seven Sisters. The pic looks like a 20yo.

dave2008

Legend
In my opinion it's a bit of a step backwards from previous products in terms of art quality, to be honest. I do love the lich(?) thingy on the throne though. But if the white-haired woman is meant to be Alustriel, they've missed her character completely. Alustriel is meant to be the calm, mature one of the Seven Sisters. The pic looks like a 20yo.
Will I agree with you in general (except I have no idea about Alustriel), I think both Strahd pieces are good and I really like the 2nd one. Not really my style, but the last image has a very Erol Otus feel that I can appreciate.

You can be calm and mature while being young looking. She’s ageless after all.

briggart

Adventurer
I've played since 2e and I feel that in every edition the average quality of art declines steadily with time, but this looks like a drastic drop from even last year Golden vault and Phandelver (at least judging by these few pieces).

If you're 80+ years old but really powerful in magic, including some mastery over your own body, wouldn't you want to look like a 20 year old?

Remove ads

Remove ads