Metal School

Aries_Omega

Explorer
Metal Education

This thread is pretty long so I will admit I didn't read the whole thing. With that said what I did read has a lot of great info. I am an old skool metal head that likes some of the new stuff too. I have a 14 year old son that likes the music and a 10 year old daughter that kinda sorta does. I have been teaching them what I can, but I think of the best things is to start with having people watch the documentary "[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Headbangers-Journey-Tony-Iommi/dp/B000EGEJIY"]Metal: A Headbanger's Journey[/ame]". If anything for the backstory on lots of things, the understanding of the history and culture and for the "family tree of metal" alone is reason enough.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
More lineup changes: Dave Grohl is going to be in QOTSA a least long enough to record their new album- Joey Castillo quit.

Good to see he's not gathering dust in a corner somewhere.

DanotheSlender

First Post
Love this thread, glad to see i'm not the only gamer/metalhead around!

I'm a guitarist/vocalist who has been in an on and off band since 1989, started out doing some covers for fun ended up writing our own stuff, in the begininng we sounded a lot like hard rock/hair metal in the Bon Jovi/Whitesnake vein and have grown progressivly harder over the years, recently re-writing some of our old tunes to beef up the heavy tone.

Originally i was lead guitar/backup vocals our bassist/lead vocalist had a bad health scare last year and has been blowing us off since, so i have been promoted to lead vocals too.

Sorry if i am rambling..insomnia will do that to you, i have however read this entire thread since i can't seem to sleep so it's all good! Gotta throw out my personal choice for iconic metal song...Master of Puppets... pure heavy metal at it's finest IMHO..

As a guitarist i have been heavily influenced by many over the years including Neil Schon, Eddie VH, SRV, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and "Dimebag" Darrell Abbot(rip) along with many others. Went so far into Vai that back in the day i had the 10 hour guitar workout pinned up on the wall, and i transcribed the entire guitar battle sequence from "Crossroads" after i recorded it onto cassette tape from VHS..LOL

Anyway new to the boards and thread here so be kind and keep headbanging till your neck falls off...the head stays but the neck is gone...

Herschel

Adventurer
Queensryche2.jpgThe Queensryche saga continues, with Geoff Tate's crew releasing a new album next month called "Frequency Unknown". It sounds innocuous enough until one sees the cover art:

Remove ads