Metal School

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
In fairness, it would be hard for them to get Dio at this point. :(

However, I always thought it would be interesting to see another album with Glen Hughes (Seventh Star album) or Ian Gillan (Born Again album).

Hughes is a busy man these days, I know, but Black Country Communion seems to have imploded, and I know from an interview he did that he regrets to this day that he wasn't able to help his buddy Tony Iommi out more after the release of Seventh Star.

And Ian's performances on "Disturbing the Priest" and "Trashed" are among my favorite Sab tunes of all times.

Last edited:

Herschel

Adventurer
True, but Vinnie is still very good and knows all the tunes. Ray Gillen was also a good vocalist, and also dead. Hmmm, best band of musicians who are dead but the groups they played with are still going today.....

Vocals: Ronnie James Dio, Ray Gillen
Guitar: Randy Rhodes, Peter Banks
Bass: Cliff Burton
Drums: Eric Carr
Keys: Danny Federici

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Not Ray Gillen, IAN Gillian. On again, off again vocalist for Deep Purple, he also did vox for Black Sabbath's Born Again album before the whole mess with Hughes/R.Gillen and Seventh Star.

Or did you bring up Ray for a different reason?

Herschel

Adventurer
Ray for a (somewhat) different reason, was also in Sabbath, also hads great pipes, also dead. It got me thinking about great players who went too early.

Herschel

Adventurer
Minor, weird irritation: I always thought that was a dumb band name for a band that wasn't around at least 10 years but couldn't get to be around that long as that band without having that name.

Remove ads