• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Monster preview thread!

dave2008

Legend
I'd do her more of a combo of these. I like the ability to become corporeal, which would certainly improve her ability to throw galas. But I really like the Confession trait you gave her!
Yes, I made her before this preview. The corporeal trait is a nice one - I may just add it!

Regarding her Confession trait, I thought the ability to disintegrate liars that she was given VRGtR was interesting; however, there was not way (as noted in the book) to make someone confess and therefore let her use this ability. So I thought it would be good to give her that ability!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
X must, of course, be for.... Xorn!

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 5.56.43 PM.png

Faolyn

(she/her)
Xorn with earth elementals. So considering the Int difference between the two, is the xorn herding the elementals, and maybe occasionally slaughtering or "milking" them for gemstones?

And whoa, it can automatically nom a character's item? No Dex save to dodge out of the way in time? Wow, that's powerful.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I know earth glide is worded like the MM version.....but I'm not a fan of "burrow"....as it moves or glides, but doesn't burrow (and yes, that's pedantic as all get out and doesn't matter, and yet I couldn't help myself). I'd change it to move, but that's just me. Also, yikes on the biting of equipment!

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Thst poison on the wyvern stinger... wow.. the xorn image looks viscerally cool & eating equipment is going to be a major "wait it did what?!" First time it happens:)

PauloR

Explorer
Love the addition of the detailed combat section, particularly things like "it fights to the death", "it flies away when blodied" and " it retreats, risking opportunity attacks and then comes back next turn". Excellent to help DMs make different creatures fight differently

Remove ads