D&D (2024) Monsters of the Multiverse: the death of eldritch blast?

Scribe

Legend
I would think especially in an RPG.

One needs to have most customization possible (spitting) with the least complexity possible (lumping).

Elegant design seems quintessential to RPGs.
I dont believe 5e/Wizards can accomplish it. :)

I get you, 100%, but yeah I dont see it happening.

Weiley31

Legend
It's already an invocation, so...
What I mean is when I say the Bladesinger's Extra Attack, is that you can replace one of the attacks with a Cantrip ala the Tasha's Errata of the subclass.

I honestly feel like all 5E gishes should pretty much gain that feature. The Bladesinger gets the honor of having it from the start while other Gish like classes have to level up and gain it from their features.

Remathilis

Legend
What I mean is when I say the Bladesinger's Extra Attack, is that you can replace one of the attacks with a Cantrip ala the Tasha's Errata of the subclass.

I honestly feel like all 5E gishes should pretty much gain that feature. The Bladesinger gets the honor of having it from the start while other Gish like classes have to level up and gain it from their features.
Gotcha. Understood.

Vaalingrade

Legend
warlock is the best class (2 sub class choices 1 at level 1 and 1 at level 3) small selection of abilities known with (mostly) 2 uses per short rest to break up between them, and mini feats (invocations) that can add all sorts of little quirks... and at higher level to keep up (if a bit behind) with the big boys you can choose 1 ability every other level that is a big daily shenaagains
I meant leave it alone and not take away anymore fun things. I just read it back and it looks like I want to abandon the warlock instead of deleting the wizard.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
If almost every Warlock is either an Eldritch Blast-er or a Hexblade, that in itself feels defacto cookie-cutter?
That’s players choosing to play cookie-cutter builds. The class is incredibly flexible, it’s just that some players would rather default to a standard build than take advantage of its flexibility. Which is fine, the fact that that’s an option, while still having room to build more unusual stuff, is exactly the point of having so much build flexibility.

Vaalingrade

Legend
Completely removing short rests from the game would sound like a historic defeat of both game design and the playtesting process to me.
Absolutely.

I'm a big advocate of the death of the 'adventuring day' and moving to encounter-based design; minimizing or removing the 'game of attrition' aspect and the attachment to a 24-hour fantasy world day.

That’s players choosing to play cookie-cutter builds. The class is incredibly flexible, it’s just that some players would rather default to a standard build than take advantage of its flexibility. Which is fine, the fact that that’s an option, while still having room to build more unusual stuff, is exactly the point of having so much build flexibility.
The flexibility is kinda a trap though. There are couple of ways to build the character that are just flat out better than the alternatives, and not even by a little bit, but by a lot. I would prefer there was better internal balance, and other builds would actually be more competitive.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases