• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NEW Immortals Handbook - Ascension thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upper_Krust said:
Hey guys! :)

As for the transmute question, I would say yes to black hole matter, I'd have to think about SSM. Technically its an extra-universal material.

I just think its a little odd that an Omnific power can 'only' make you as tough as neutronium, but a transient power can let you create the "Strong Symmetric Matter Gundam" (It wouldn't be a gundam then, but still).

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Upper_Krust said:
If you like undead templates you'll love Gods & Monsters (4 undead templates) as well as Bestiary Volumes 2 & 3 (each with 4-5 new regular undead - not counting the big section on Umbrals in Volume 2).

There will be at least one new: death knight/wight, ghost/shadow, mummy/zombie and vampire in each of the above mentioned books.

Well this just made my day. I've been very curious as to what the "welkin" template is all about, as it appears to be above even the nosferatu template. And of course the king wight template just sounds awesome as well.

I'd like to think we'll see this book before Gen Con (this August) but that's likely just crazy talk. ;)

I'm half-tempted to cross-post U_K's announcement about this over in the Gods & Monsters thread here, but it seems somewhat unnecessary.

Heh, still trying to wrap my brain around the Omega template. I am pretty sure I know how strong it will be, but statistical bonuses asside, what kind of powers do you attribute to the Antithesis of the Supreme Being? Rules/Physics nullification? Immune to Divine powers? *Head Explodes* *Regenerates*...

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Heh, still trying to wrap my brain around the Omega template. I am pretty sure I know how strong it will be, but statistical bonuses asside, what kind of powers do you attribute to the Antithesis of the Supreme Being? Rules/Physics nullification? Immune to Divine powers? *Head Explodes* *Regenerates*...

Well, quite clearly, the DM won't be the one to control that NPC. :D

Hey Ltheb mate! :)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
I just think its a little odd that an Omnific power can 'only' make you as tough as neutronium, but a transient power can let you create the "Strong Symmetric Matter Gundam" (It wouldn't be a gundam then, but still).

Well different story creating something to turning yourself into something.

Technically Neutronium Body isn't a great power compared to other Omnific powers but its simply too strong for a Transcendental power as far as I can see.

Hi Alzrius mate! :)

Alzrius said:
Well this just made my day. I've been very curious as to what the "welkin" template is all about, as it appears to be above even the nosferatu template.

At the moment its looking like:

Ghoul < Vampire < Nosferatu < Strigoi < Welkin < Varcolac

Alzrius said:
And of course the king wight template just sounds awesome as well.

Wight < Death Knight < Draugr < Cimeriel < ? < ?

Alzrius said:
I'd like to think we'll see this book before Gen Con (this August) but that's likely just crazy talk. ;)

Lets just say I hope to have it ready as soon as possible and leave it at that. :uhoh:

Alzrius said:
I'm half-tempted to cross-post U_K's announcement about this over in the Gods & Monsters thread here, but it seems somewhat unnecessary.

I did post a more up to date list of whats likely to feature in Gods & Monsters last night on the website.

Strife

First Post
Can you please include any of the work from Gods and monsters in the Update
dont care how complete it is,
would be nice to just see some of it

Hey Strife! :)

Strife said:
Can you please include any of the work from Gods and monsters in the Update dont care how complete it is, would be nice to just see some of it

99% of the work I have done on Gods & Monsters over the past month has been written, not typed up. So there would be nothing new in that instance.

Also I really hate uploading unfinished pages (or lets say I have grown to hate them).

What I should have done was only ever upload finished (or finished barring errata) pages. That way people could have maybe printed them out, or at least it would be obvious what changes were made to each update. But you live and learn I suppose.

In future (and including Gods & Monsters) I'd rather just upload the thing when its finished.

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads