• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NEW Immortals Handbook - Ascension thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all! :)

I just updated Ascension. Not quite the finished text version Ihad touted, but certainly on the verge of being finished. What remains...

- Add missing portfolio abilities
- Tweak some of the Portfolio Dominion sections
- Fix 2 portfolio description pages
- Finish 2 religion building pages
- Spellcheck Chapter 3
- Fix remaining errata in "Upper Krust Fix This" thread
- Finish Art

Pssthpok

First Post
Wh... what happened to the Building Your Own Portfolios page? That was essential.

What does Fire have to do with Fertility?

I just don't see what Luck has to do with Dexterity... it makes no sense. And why does the competence bonus only kick in when the opponent has a lower Dex? This goes for Madness as well. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the bonus against those more "skillfull" (i.e. higher Dex) or wiser than yourself?

EDIT:

Does Uncanny Power Attack stack with other PA feats, like Improved and Superior? By that I mean, if someone isn't dedicating anything to PA and exceeds by 10 points on the attack roll, do they add 10 points of damage or do they factor their excess attack by their PA ratio (2:1 or 3:1 or more)?

Last edited:

dante58701

Banned
Banned
UR gonna find a lot of paste and stick errors. Krusty isnt "quite" finished yet. I just ignore the typos and compare the old with the new to fill in most of the holes.

Im waiting to freak out about typos after he says its "completely" finished. :)

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
U_K: When do you think Ascension will be done and up at DriveThruRPG, RPGNow, and all that?

U_K or anyone who knows: What percentage of pages are done now in the latest update?

CRGreathouse said:
U_K: When do you think Ascension will be done and up at DriveThruRPG, RPGNow, and all that?

U_K or anyone who knows: What percentage of pages are done now in the latest update?
Pages? ~90% are written, but some require editing. (Example: A few typos on some of the Portfolios, and a couple of sentences here and there are not finished)

Hey guys! :)

bit of a weird day, I'm not getting much computer time, but I'll be back to respond to all posts first thing tomorrow (Sunday) morning. ;)

Hey there Pssthpok mate! :)

Okay, I managed to wrap things up early tonight, so I thought I would shop up for some post-midnight posting. :p

By the way, I got to see the movie 300 last night and really enjoyed it, so if you are not averse to violence I thoroughly recommend it.

Pssthpok said:
Wh... what happened to the Building Your Own Portfolios page? That was essential.

Well I rebuilt all the portfolios which means I now need to rebuild the Rebuilding the Portfolios page. ;)

Pssthpok said:
What does Fire have to do with Fertility?

Must be a mistake.

Pssthpok said:
I just don't see what Luck has to do with Dexterity... it makes no sense.

If you trust to luck you are not trusting to skill.

Pssthpok said:
And why does the competence bonus only kick in when the opponent has a lower Dex? This goes for Madness as well. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the bonus against those more "skillfull" (i.e. higher Dex) or wiser than yourself?

I'll think about it.

Pssthpok said:
EDIT:

Does Uncanny Power Attack stack with other PA feats, like Improved and Superior? By that I mean, if someone isn't dedicating anything to PA and exceeds by 10 points on the attack roll, do they add 10 points of damage or do they factor their excess attack by their PA ratio (2:1 or 3:1 or more)?

Yes.

Hi CreGreathouse mate! :)

CRGreathouse said:

I'm the last person to ask that question! :p

Its basically going to boil down to how many illustrations per day I can do. I'd like to think I can have it done for the end of April (my birthday incidently*) but my predictions are not known for their accuracy. :eek:

* ;)

CRGreathouse said:

The current version has 156/160 pages, but some of the portfolios need fixing and there are about a dozen (known) other minor issues I need to take care of.

Pssthpok

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Hey there Pssthpok mate! :)

Hey hey, UK.

By the way, I got to see the movie 300 last night and really enjoyed it, so if you are not averse to violence I thoroughly recommend it.

Yeah, 300 was a thoroughly enjoyable action movie.

Well I rebuilt all the portfolios which means I now need to rebuild the Rebuilding the Portfolios page. ;)

*whew* Ok.

Must be a mistake.

*whew* Ok.

If you trust to luck you are not trusting to skill.

Ah well... while I may not agree with your portfolio-to-ability associations, I know that the Building your Own Portfolios page will enable me to nip-tuck the things I don't like about a portfolio until it matches my designs. :)

I'll think about it.

That's all I ask.

Ah, thank you for the succinct answer, but which is it? It stacks? That seems crazy, given the critical feats you have; I can easily have a greataxe wielder with a x7 critical threat range by the mid-20s who will deal x21 points of damage for each point by which he exceeds his opponents AC if he confirms an 18-20. :eek:
While I know it would be more complicated, wouldn't it be smarter to actually force the attacker to deduct from his attacks to get the high ratio-benefits and if they choose to get the 'freebie power attack' then they have to get it at their normal ratio?

Hiya mate! :)

Pssthpok said:
Ah, thank you for the succinct answer, but which is it? It stacks? That seems crazy, given the critical feats you have; I can easily have a greataxe wielder with a x7 critical threat range by the mid-20s who will deal x21 points of damage for each point by which he exceeds his opponents AC if he confirms an 18-20. :eek:

Where are you getting this x21 from...please break it down for me.

While you might be doing 3 points of damage for sacrificing 1 point of BAB, then dealing x7 on a crit, but I don't really see that as a flat x21.

That said it would be very powerful, so thats something I might need to address.

Pssthpok said:
While I know it would be more complicated, wouldn't it be smarter to actually force the attacker to deduct from his attacks to get the high ratio-benefits and if they choose to get the 'freebie power attack' then they have to get it at their normal ratio?

Seems like a bit of a cheat really, I'd prefer not to change it, but it does appear to be very powerful. That said, I don't necessarily think its the auto surplus power attack thats hurting things but rather the crit multipliers. Or, as you suggest, the two working in tandem.

You are probably looking at an extra 250 damage from landing the crit at that level, but is that vastly different from something like Devastating Critical which just kills the foe outright - at least this way you have a chance (and it takes a heck of a lot more feat slots to min/max to this daunting position).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads