• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NEW Immortals Handbook - Ascension thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy Farealmer! :)

Farealmer3 said:
Thanks U_K, The next two questions should be it.

1. You put hp per inch of orichalcum in the Beastiary. If you use object size(+vrc) for determining hp of objects why is it included? I presume for the sake of completeness and for determining the fraction hp items and weapons that aren't pure orichalcum are. But i just want to be sure.

Maybe not everyone will want to do it my way.

Its an epic bestiary after all...I don't want to have to rewrite the entire core rulebooks just so they make sense. ;)

2. Since every object made of neutronium is +32 size catagories that would mean a fine sized neutronium object would weight/have more HP more than the Earth? I don't know if thats how it really is or just a flaw of the system but i figured i would ask.

With the hit points vs. damage; catch 22 in place I will be damned either way. :eek:

Farealmer3

Explorer
Maybe not everyone will want to do it my way.

Its an epic bestiary after all...I don't want to have to rewrite the entire core rulebooks just so they make sense.
I figured as much.

With the hit points vs. damage; catch 22 in place I will be damned either way.
Then i have another, rather complicated question for you. :eek:
If you disregarded the guidelines of the core books how would you handle this? Because i don't use the HD doubling guideline and i understand thats one of the big problems you have balancing HP and Damage.

What was the basic guideline for feats and divine, cosmic, transcendental, and omnific abilities again? I vaguely remember it being one of these three:
10,000 Feats = 1,000 Divine Abilities = 100 Cosmic Abilities = 10 Transcendental Abilities = 1 Omnific Ability
1,296 Feats = 216 Divine Abilities = 36 Cosmic Abilities = 6 Transcendental Abilities = 1 Omnific Ability
625 Feats = 125 Divine Abilites = 25 Cosmic Abilities = 5 Transcendental Abilities = 1 Omnific Ability

Also, what would the three following abilities be equivalent to:

An extraordinary ability that lets the creature take two rounds worth of actions on its turn (akin to Demogorgon or a Chronotyryn, so it can take two full-round actions or two standard actions or two move actions). How about for three rounds worth or four rounds worth of actions on its turn?

A breath weapon that may be used each round as a free action (I'm just looking for the CR/feat adjustment or multiplier for this since you've already detailed breath weapons in the Challenge Rating PDF and shortly in the dragons section of the Epic Bestiary).

In v5 of the Challenge Rating PDF (which may very well be outdated), the formula for the CR bonus for spell-like abilities that may be used at will is [Caster Level x Spell Level x 0.005], so a 9th level spell at CL 80 that may be used as a spell-like ability at will would be worth +3.6 CR or 18 feats. What would be the adjustment for the same spell at the same caster level used as a SUPERNATURAL ability, making its saving throw DC use the formula [10 + 1/2 HD + relevant ability modifier] (as opposed to a spell-like ability's lower saving throw DC formula of [10 + Spell Level + Charisma modifier]) and making it not subject to disruption, spell resistance, spell immunity, counterspells, dispelling, or attacks of opportunity? Additionally, what would be the adjustment for the same spell at the same level used as an EXTRAORDINARY ability, making it not subject to total magic/supernatural immunity or antimagic fields in addition to the benefits of supernatural abilities?

Sorry, I don't have the Ascension beta PDF so I don't have any reference.

Last edited:

jedrious

First Post
Adslahnit said:
An extraordinary ability that lets the creature take two rounds worth of actions on its turn (akin to Demogorgon or a Chronotyryn, so it can take two full-round actions or two standard actions or two move actions). How about for three rounds worth or four rounds worth of actions on its turn?
Time Dilation Cosmic Ability

paradox42

First Post
Farealmer3 said:
2. Since every object made of neutronium is +32 size catagories that would mean a fine sized neutronium object would weight/have more HP more than the Earth? I don't know if thats how it really is or just a flaw of the system but i figured i would ask.
Neutronium is supposed to be neutron-star matter, so this is actually quite accurate by physics definitions AFAIK.

Orichalcum is supposed to be dead dwarf-star matter (that is, material from a burnt-out white dwarf), and I've read several times that a teaspoonful of this stuff would weigh upwards of 100,000 tons if brought to Earth somehow. It'd basically fall immediately and punch through the planetary shell, oscillating back and forth until it came to rest in the core- dealing devastating damage the entire time along the way of course. Being as dense as it is, it'd punch through rock like a heated steel ball-bearing would through tissue paper.

paradox42

First Post
Adslahnit said:
What was the basic guideline for feats and divine, cosmic, transcendental, and omnific abilities again? I vaguely remember it being one of these three:
10,000 Feats = 1,000 Divine Abilities = 100 Cosmic Abilities = 10 Transcendental Abilities = 1 Omnific Ability
1,296 Feats = 216 Divine Abilities = 36 Cosmic Abilities = 6 Transcendental Abilities = 1 Omnific Ability
625 Feats = 125 Divine Abilites = 25 Cosmic Abilities = 5 Transcendental Abilities = 1 Omnific Ability
It's the second one. The tiers go up by sixes; 1 Divine = 6 Feats and so on. How Feats relate to Epic Feats, and thence to greater powers, is less clear in this scheme, but I've been assuming that a Divine ability is specifically worth 6 Epic Feats and then however many "regular" Feats an Epic one is worth can be multiplied in as you choose.

Killane

First Post
any update on when ascension will be available? do you knoe hoe long the Print version wait will be- I can't wait to buy the thing!

also, ask you can see I'm new here (through not a Dicefreaks where I go by a different name)- where is the best place to post a custom template and or full character made using IMMortal's Handbook rules (or what I've seen so far, having only the Bestiary). I'd love to hear some comments form U_K on them.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads