New Kelvin Timeline Star Trek film goes into production late 2022

Mallus

Legend
Why? Does anyone actually want to see more of these (bad) movies? :confused:
I do! They were entertaining. I also have no expectations that a Star Trek movie will uphold the intellectual side of the franchise. I mean, The Motion Picture leaned heavily into that and people kinda didn't like it.

Personally I think TMP is a great science fiction film that's gotten better with age... well, with me aging, at any rate. I'm excited for the big 4K restoration job that's coming out later this year.

glass

(he, him)
I do not love QT + ST.
I have no idea whether Tarantino Trek would be good or terrible, but I would I would be interested in finding out.
Why? Does anyone actually want to see more of these (bad) movies? :confused:
I do. I enjoyed all three Kelvin movies, to a greater or lesser extent.
Into Darkness was bad, but I enjoyed both the first one and Star Trek Beyond. I'll happily watch more of them.
I agree with most that Into Darkness was the weakest of the three, but I did not hate it as much as some seem to. IIRC, my problems with it were mostly (but not wholey) meta-concerns, like the whitewashing.

_
glass.

Last edited:

Horwath

Legend
That depends on what you consider the starting point - the first shots were fired as Dominion forces attacked and captured DS9.

Of course, before that the Dominion bombed a conference on Earth, and attempted to destroy Bajor's sun (a genocidal act, had it not been stopped). But, you know, who needs to quibble about who started it?
that is all true, but that is all "cold-war", cloak and dagger stuff.
there was also Obsidian order-Tal shiar attempt to eradicate the Founders, and Founders see all "solids" as the same threat.
Section 31 infection of Odo with the virus.

And right when the battle of DS9 was going down, federation-klingon fleet destroyed shipyards at Torros 3. This might be after the initial battle of DS9, or before.

But, you are right if we want to say who made 1st real attack. It was the destruction of Osyssey.
JemHadar suicide run as the ultimate "get of my lawn" message.

I honestly was shocked when I read this posted elsewhere. Given the last time another movie was floated it lost funding and the actors walked away over pay disputes.

I can't say it WON'T be made, but until it's finished I wouldn't hold my breath either. Call it a gut feeling. Also, the still crew caps from Paramount still have Anton in them, which I feel is in poor taste.

that is all true, but that is all "cold-war", cloak and dagger stuff.
there was also Obsidian order-Tal shiar attempt to eradicate the Founders, and Founders see all "solids" as the same threat.
Section 31 infection of Odo with the virus.

And right when the battle of DS9 was going down, federation-klingon fleet destroyed shipyards at Torros 3. This might be after the initial battle of DS9, or before.

But, you are right if we want to say who made 1st real attack. It was the destruction of Osyssey.
JemHadar suicide run as the ultimate "get of my lawn" message.
Massacring the New Bajor colonists around the same time might also be considered a hostile act. Or trying to blow up one the Bajoran home star to catch Alpha Quadrant forces...

Remove ads