• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NG vs. NE: Neutral Evil is Victorious!

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Hmm... Jurathor begins hovering with an upward momentum. (I can do that, right? Should it provoke an AoO as a distracting action?)

Infiniti2000

First Post
You can't begin hovering unless you are flying. So you would need to take a move action to fly and then start hovering. You can not therefore gather momentum until the next round. Neither action provokes. It obviously is probably better to fly to where you want to be and then hover.

Gansk

Explorer
PJSlavner:[sblock]I don't see any reason why someone needs to know that a combatant is defeated (other than the general). They can guess that something invisible or ethereal has entered the arena instead (but probably not through metagaming).[/sblock]

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Jurathor turns from the "other", almost ignoring it as he lauches himself into the air and makes a wide spiral to appear almost above the thing again but 30 feet more up into the air.

MEA from 95n95e0z to 90n90e30z

Infiniti2000

First Post
The other takes his AoO as a trip attempt. The chances are very very small, but hey, better than nothing. He then shoots another acid splash (standing up if necessary).

PJSlavner

Explorer
The trip attempt is unsuccessful (24 vs. 30 Strength check). Jurathor manages to keep flying (23 Fort save).

Round 157

The other thing does not fall down (21 Fort save). It hits Jurathor with the ball of acid (19 ranged touch) and inflicts 1 point of acid damage. Jurathor has 158 HP remaining.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Jurathor replies with yet another blast of sonic energy, surprised that the next combatant hasn't entered the arena while this summoned thing remains. Something odd is definitely up, and he hope he isn't even more deceived than he thinks.

If that drops the "other", Jurathor circles to 50n90e50z.
If it fails to drop the "other", he'll circle back to his current location.

PJSlavner

Explorer
The other thing does not dodge (23 Ref save) and takes 53 points of sonic damage. The other thing is dead.

Jurathor is at 50N90E50Z, with 158 HP.

First in round 158 for Neutral Evil is an octopus tree (Fiend Folio).

As it enters the arena, it does not dodge the blades of force (4 Ref save). It takes 40 points of damage and has 93 HP remaining.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infiniti2000

First Post
PJSlavner said:
It hits Jurathor with the ball of acid (19 ranged touch) and inflicts 1 point of acid damage. ...
The other thing does not dodge (23 Ref save) and takes 53 points of sonic damage.
Yeah, that's fair. :p

Greybar: Proteus split into two replicas. It was not a summoned creature, so you had to defeat both to defeat Proteus.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Whew. Reminder on the breath recharge and what Jurathor knows about the octopus tree. With a name like that I think I have a pretty good visual image already...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads