NG vs. NE: Neutral Evil is Victorious!

PJSlavner

Explorer
I read that FAQ, as well, before I posted, but I still was not sure, and am still not sure, how a snake can be knocked prone. :confused: If a snake were prone, how could you tell?

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: I guess a snake that was rolled over on its back would be considered prone. They could also make themselves prone (for the AC vs. ranged bonus) by keeping their head flat to the ground as opposed to a striking position.

Cecilia maintains concentration while avoiding Oeric, so Oeric needs to end up in a space outside of Cecilia. He cannot camp out in her space or he will be the one that's prone.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Ah, I thought avoid meant "take 5ft step to not be there any more", but now I understand.

On the Prone thing, we could also think of prone as "physically out of balance; not in a good combat stance" (not an SRD quote, just a phrase from me), which I've certainly seen when a snake is thrown to the ground and has to take a second to resume a slithering/coiled posture.

But back to the action... how about let's try this:

Oeric rushes through Cecilia's space, and she ducks aside to avoid his bulk, coiling and recoiling herself while continuing her spell. Oeric lifts off into the air over the water, and turns up into the air, ending at 75n20e15z.

PJSlavner

Explorer
Bea Bernadette 2, another big bird (acherai) appears at 80N25E. It emits a cloud of black smoke which manages to coat Oeric's underbelly.

Cecilia begins another spell, defensively.[sblock]SNAIV[/sblock]

Gansk

Explorer
Oeric takes 9 from the black cloud and has 367 hp.

Oeric:[sblock]You are not insane (28+2 Fort save).[/sblock]

Oeric starts round 274 with 369 hp.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Oeric arches his head back and unleashes a cone of righteous sound back upon Cecilia.

(His follow-up MEA will depend on the results of the breath weapon attack. I think we're on round 273, btw, not 274.)

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Ah, thought when Oeric came in it swapped. Gotcha. Well, could have skipped the overrun and just breathed then I suppose. Oh well.

Gansk

Explorer
Cecilia doesn't dodge the sonic blast (26-2 Ref save), but doesn't take any damage either.

BB2 is shaken by the attack. (20 Will save)

Oeric:[sblock]You can breathe again next round.[/sblock]

Cecilia:[sblock]You have 43 hp worth of sonic protection left.[/sblock]

Oeric has a move action left in round 274.

Remove ads