TSR Now it’s WotC’s Turn: WotC Moves Against TSR3

I guess after you provoke somebody enough, they’ll eventually bite back. The company has begun trademark cancellation procedures against the newest TSR. TSR3 briefly filed for a court declaration on Dec 7th as to their ownership of the TSR trademarks — with an IndieGoGo campaign to fund it — and then voluntarily dismissed it a couple of days later on Dec 9th. This filing is dated Dec 6th...

I guess after you provoke somebody enough, they’ll eventually bite back. The company has begun trademark cancellation procedures against the newest TSR.

TSR3 briefly filed for a court declaration on Dec 7th as to their ownership of the TSR trademarks — with an IndieGoGo campaign to fund it — and then voluntarily dismissed it a couple of days later on Dec 9th.

This filing is dated Dec 6th, the day before TSR3 launched its campaign.

In WotC’s response, they cite fraud as one of the causes of action, alleging that TSR3 misled the trademark office in its original application.

Mike Dunford, on Twitter, breaks down the action.

4E621D4D-651A-4F27-B77F-CA7A222BDB91.png

3DC0A545-5258-45D3-A925-CF0D2B78ECF8.jpeg

DLIMedia

David Flor, Darklight Interactive
Anyone see any response from TSR, on any of their channels as yet? So far all I've seen is the Dungeon Hobby Shop posting laughing emotes on Tenkar's video on the matter.
NuTSR has been consistently radio silent on all social media channels.

The one place they talk the most is their Discord... which they don't advertise the link to, and will ban you if you look at it wrong (for the record, I'm banned).

This is the point where any lawyer with a pulse tells their client to shut up.

So, expect to hear a great deal from them very shortly.
Yeah, I was gonna say... if there's one thing NuTSR does often, it's to do the complete opposite of what they should be doing.

I'm fully expecting another IGG to pop up any second now.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Thanks for the breakdown, Snarf. Seems like things will reach a decisive moment in the near future.
Heh. There's a reason why Snarf said that it was like watching pain dry. We JUST saw the Answer and it's unlikely that the case will settle before discovery is concluded or at least well underway. Including depositions. That will take a while.

NuTSR has been consistently radio silent on all social media channels.

The one place they talk the most is their Discord... which they don't advertise the link to, and will ban you if you look at it wrong (for the record, I'm banned).

The Discord is mostly dead. LaNasa hasn't posted there in weeks. They've banned so many people and refuse to answer any questions, so there's nothing to keep it going. No updates on the suit there.

Last edited:

I apologize if I gave the impression that I thought that's what you were saying. I was speaking more to some of the discourse I'm seeing elsewhere online of "Well, because it's Hasbro, I guess I'm for LaNasa." Which strikes me as the laziest sort of chintzy punk rock attitude, lacking in any sort of critical examination of the matter.

Which I literally was not saying. Hasbro is a big, evil corporation. They’re also clearly in the right here.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I apologize if I gave the impression that I thought that's what you were saying. I was speaking more to some of the discourse I'm seeing elsewhere online of "Well, because it's Hasbro, I guess I'm for LaNasa." Which strikes me as the laziest sort of chintzy punk rock attitude, lacking in any sort of critical examination of the matter.

It's also lazy for a more fundamental reason.

Personally, I root for corporations. After all, in my experience, people suck. Corporations, on the other hand, are just legal fictions.

It's entirely possible that they might not suck. Unless people are involved.

Oh ... wait ....

67vsp9.jpg

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads