TSR NuTSR Declares Bankruptcy

NuTSR, owned by Justin LaNasa, has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, which will liquidate the company's assets. NuTSR's gross revenue so far for 2023 is $621.93 according to the documents filed in North Carolina. This is balanced against total liabilities of just over $384,000. The company made the news over the last couple of years, emerging in 2020 when then-owners Justin LaNasa and Stephen...

65B1E080-EEE9-45DD-AC2C-C55BD9DB6104.jpeg

NuTSR, owned by Justin LaNasa, has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, which will liquidate the company's assets.

NuTSR's gross revenue so far for 2023 is $621.93 according to the documents filed in North Carolina. This is balanced against total liabilities of just over $384,000.

The company made the news over the last couple of years, emerging in 2020 when then-owners Justin LaNasa and Stephen Dinehart registered the defunct TSR trademarks and launched the new venture with the involvement of Ernie Gygax, one of D&D co-creator Gary Gygax's sons. Over the following months, NuTSR generated controversy after controversy, attempted to sue D&D publishers Wizards of the Coast via a crowdfunding effort, and in March 2022 eventually found itself on the receiving end of a lawsuit from them.

tsr_bankruptcy.png

As a consequence of the bankruptcy petition the current lawsuit between WotC and NuTSR is on hold, postponed until March 2024. NuTSR's website is still active.

JLbankr2.JPG

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Sounds either CN to me. "I don't care who gets hurt by the people with me, as long as I get to have fun." Maybe even NE if he agrees with it, just isn't willing to say so out loud.
Once again reminding people that he DID say these things out loud, in an interview, well before Lanasa and Dinehart were fouling up Twitter. Him saying things out loud was the inciting incident for all of this.

Setting aside the fact(and it is a fact) that if you're comfortable at a table where everyone else is bigots then it means everyone at that table is a bigot; Ernie Gygax was very open with his bigotry from the word go.

Can we please all stop collectively forgetting this about him?

Once again reminding people that he DID say these things out loud, in an interview, well before Lanasa and Dinehart were fouling up Twitter. Him saying things out loud was the inciting incident for all of this.

Setting aside the fact(and it is a fact) that if you're comfortable at a table where everyone else is bigots then it means everyone at that table is a bigot; Ernie Gygax was very open with his bigotry from the word go.

Yeah, I don’t get why so many people, even in this thread, seem to have this perception that Ernie has somehow been “innocently” caught up in this, rather than being one of the key players in it.

Faolyn

(she/her)

I keep forgetting who said what, exactly, and when, since this has been going on for a very long time. Plus recently, Ernie's been mostly sidestepping the issues, like he finally realized he could (or should) leave the out-loud nastiness to LaNasa. But I'm well aware that Ernie has chosen the side of the "it's better to be a nazi lover than a trans lover" rather than the side of literally anyone else.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads