• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Of Jungle Deeps and Ocean Depths

TroyXavier

First Post
Nick-Gnome Rogue/Sorceror/Artificer

Nick stretched as he woke up. He had heard that many things of interest were happening in Mezro. He was also hoping to find some new inventions and perhaps find another artificer to trade secrets. He climbed to the top of the deck to watch as the ship pulled into port. He disembarked from the ship. He then walked to a local and asked where adventurers in the city tended to gather. Once he finds out, he will head for that spot.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Gudenny said:
"Salut and well met. I do take it that your fine establishment is not so overbooked that you couldn't find rooms for myself and my friend here."
"Of course we do! Welcome back Gudenny. I will send Loktar up with a snack for you. Here's the key to the Blue room," Crilly says with a smile. Loktar is one of her serving boys, and he'll be up with fresh fruit once the two are settled. The Blue room is one of the coolest in the Rainbow Bird, painted in bright sky blue with many gauzy blue hangings to deflect the heat. After settling in and having a bit of star fruit, you can wander down to the common room and talk with the locals. A bit of silver and gold lubricates a few reluctant talkers, and after an hour or so you can get all the local news and gossip.

*The newest graduates from the wizard's college are now seeking employment or returning to their home villages, so the price for basic spell services and magical items is quite low right now. A couple of merchants are talking about how someone or group of someones has been stealing fish from the market for the last five days in a row. Very peculiar. A tribe of wild dwarves has arrived with a great deal of hunting trophies for sale. Obar the merchant has just had a large shipment of exotic trade goods from distant tribes come in. In addition, Obar is looking for adventurers for an unspecified adventure.*

~~~~~

Julian said:
Julian was nervous, but assumed his appearance concealed this. With the practiced ease of an experienced assassin, he waited for his audience in Obar's study. Julian wanted nothing more to do with the officials of Chult, their military leaders in particular, but he was not yet ready to leave the area. He had much to learn yet from the shadowdancers. And besides, where would he go? He was a talanted man, and his services were worth paying for. A little excursion away from the city would be just the ticket, and help him accumulate some cash if he were to leave. Surely Obar would have something along these lines...
*Obar came in a few moments later, a large man dressed in brightly colored robes of red and orange. A flat cap of the same colors topped his head, and matching dyed sandles were wrapped around his feet. Julian waited where his back was against the wall, where he had a good view of both the large windows (covered with gauzy curtains against the heat) and the door. Obar came in and nodded to Julian before sitting at his desk.*

"Ah welcome Julian, it is good to see you again. As it happens, I do have some work in the offing... if you don't mind getting wet. This group is traveling by boat and then will be going under the waves. It's a rescue mission of a sort, long-term, and with fair booty to be captured. Are you interested?" Obar says with a smile, folding his large hands across his large belly.

~~~~~

Nick said:
Nick stretched as he woke up. He had heard that many things of interest were happening in Mezro. He was also hoping to find some new inventions and perhaps find another artificer to trade secrets. He climbed to the top of the deck to watch as the ship pulled into port. He disembarked from the ship. He then walked to a local and asked where adventurers in the city tended to gather. Once he finds out, he will head for that spot.
*One of the red-clad guards can tell him that adventurers tend to gather in an inn known as the Shark's Tail, down near the docks. However, he adds, it's known that a local merchant is looking for experienced adventurers. He directs you to Obar's Emporium. As you draw near, you can see that there's a large stable on one side where huge armored lizards with club-like tails are getting scrubbed clean by a green-faced woman.*

Last edited:

Wilphe

Adventurer
Stealing fish? Could be amusing to help crack that one. I think however that I shall see what Obar is up to; see if it keeps us around and busy for a bit.

Gudenny will seek out Obar and see what he requires.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Wilphe said:
Stealing fish? Could be amusing to help crack that one. I think however that I shall see what Obar is up to; see if it keeps us around and busy for a bit.

Gudenny will seek out Obar and see what he requires.
*As you draw near to Obar's Emporium, you see an animated gnome jangling with dozens of odd devices striding in the same direction. Jalaro is tending anklies in the stable attached to the emporium, and she looks up at both, squinting against the sun.*

Manzanita

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Ah welcome Julian, it is good to see you again. As it happens, I do have some work in the offing... if you don't mind getting wet. This group is traveling by boat and then will be going under the waves. It's a rescue mission of a sort, long-term, and with fair booty to be captured. Are you interested?" Obar says with a smile, folding his large hands across his large belly.

*Julian's face remains expressionless.8

"A rescue mission, eh?" *He begins to pick the dirt out his nails with his dagger.* "I might be interested in that. Who would we be rescuing, and from whom?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"You'll be rescuing a princess from a powerful lord, which is all I'm at liberty to say. Your employer can tell you more," Obar says with a quirk on his lips.

Manzanita

First Post
Julian Hemock

"I'm not interested in making powerful enemies. Any more than I have to anyway. But a princess and a lord sounds like an even trade. Sure. I'll do it."

TroyXavier

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"
*One of the red-clad guards can tell him that adventurers tend to gather in an inn known as the Shark's Tail, down near the docks. However, he adds, it's known that a local merchant is looking for experienced adventurers. He directs you to Obar's Emporium. As you draw near, you can see that there's a large stable on one side where huge armored lizards with club-like tails are getting scrubbed clean by a green-faced woman.*

"Thank you, much obliged." *Nick then gathers his gear, and heads over to the Emporium to see what's going on.* "Hello, I was directed here. Something about a merchant recruiting adventurers. I'm interested in that."

silentspace

First Post
In the evening Invelion teleports out to Evermeet to check on any news, either at the University or with the Harpers. The next day he teleports back.

Invelion walks through the city again, enjoying the signts and sounds of the city. He breathed the hot humid air deep into his lungs as he listened to the bustle of the markets, mixed with the wild sounds of the jungle beyond the city walls. He loved this city more and more. Perhaps it was time to acquire a small vacation home here. Money was still tight, but perhaps this new adventure would put some coin in his purse. And even if it didn't, the wondrous sites he's beheld since coming to Chult were well worth it.

At the appointed time, he goes to meet Undinar for a drink.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Gudenny will walk up and hail Jaralo, petting a few of the lizards as she does, "Hola! Is Obar about and is he taking visitors?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads