Off to War [IC]

Theroc

First Post
"Well Dellex is a man for order and law. Not that i think him a good person for it, I'd say he is the sort that thinks that lawfulness makes for an easier to rule and control environment. Hence, him sending his men out to beat the law in to the irregular's heads. And you, you are lucky that dark skinned man didn't flatten you. He was a good grappler and let you go on a whim, otherwise the match would have been over then and there!"

Aidan scratched his head at the first portion of her rant, the second causing his previously more confused yet still optimistic expression to drop several notches, looking a fair bit more depressed and brooding.

"What Law? Ain't nothin' back home against circle-fightin' so long as nobody dies..." he questioned of the first, before looking away from Lora in a mix of irritation and shame. "Ya think I couldn't tell I was beat? Exactly how stupid do ya think I am, Lora? Circle-fightin' is a show as well as a fight. He chose ta draw the fight-out which meant I got anotha shot at 'im. Before it ended, it coulda gone either way, not that it matters..." As Fallon mentioned tea, he stood up, shaking his head, "Naw, thanks anyways, Fallon, I think I'll just get ta bed, after all, not like there's much fer me ta do right now anyway..." The boy replied, before starting to wander toward his tent. He wasn't moving particularly fast, probably due to still being a bit winded from his fight, after having his chest semi-crushed.

Myth and Legend

First Post
On her way back from her tent, Lora met up with Aidan. The girl was holding a tin cup in her hand and stopped in the dimly lit space between two tents. "Hey Aidan. I uh... I'm sorry about what i said back there. You could have beat him, your style of fighting caught him off guard at the end." Her blue eyes shone like melting ice in the light that a distant brazier shed on their position.

Theroc

First Post
"Hey Aidan. I uh... I'm sorry about what i said back there. You could have beat him, your style of fighting caught him off guard at the end."

The boy schooled his face to try and put on a pleasant face, though the best he mustered at first was simply an apathetic one as he turned to face her. He smiled faintly, his lip curling upwards on the right side.

"Yer not just sayin' that, are ya?" He asked, stepping closer to her, mindful to maintain his distance, so as to not give her the wrong impression. After all, she seemed rather skittish when they first met, and he still hadn't learned why. He just knew it was better safe than sorry. "Thanks, good ta know I'm not completely useless..." He continued, his own blue eyes fazing back into hers. She confused him sometimes, she did, but he still got an overall good vibe from the girl most times, despite her usually harsh demeanor... and when she softened up, she really was quite lovely.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
"Merci, Some tea would be very good Fallon. I do not have a cup may I use one of yours." Caude askes him polietly with his hand out ready to grasp the cup, he is a full cup and he sits down and lets it cool thinking about all that had occured. He now knew what lenghts Dellex will go to keep order and it left a bad taste in his mouth, He also thought about trying to make an ally of Rathman.
"hmm, this very good tea Fallon. I'm starting to wonder how you manage to keep up with all of the younger ones, I'm having difficulty just keeping up with the small group that I'm working with. I guess I will have to get used to it get used to it." he says to Fallon not really waiting for a response and after he finishes he takes a sip of his tea and looks at the fire letting his eyes see patterns and faces in the fire.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora looked down and put her hand on her abdomen. "No I'm not just saying that. I don't say things I don't mean, It's hard enough to talk as it is. You are not useless, in fact you showed more backbone than was expected. That soldier with the broken nose was a mean looking bastard to be sure. Anyway you will have to excuse my um... mood tonight. I have women troubles."

Lora was glad the light was dim, so that the boy could not see her blush.

Theroc

First Post
"No I'm not just saying that. I don't say things I don't mean, It's hard enough to talk as it is. You are not useless, in fact you showed more backbone than was expected. That soldier with the broken nose was a mean looking bastard to be sure. Anyway you will have to excuse my um... mood tonight. I have women troubles."

Aidan's smile grew a bit as she continued. He hadn't expected her to compliment him as she did, but it was definitely a pleasant surprise. He shifted his stance while standing to a more comfortable one, so he could talk to her longer without making either leg tired as easily.

"It's alright Lora, I jus' get a bit worried that I ain't gonna be any good here. I've gotta get good so I can earn a lot o' money..." The boy's face changed slightly as he realized how greedy that'd sound, so he decided to explain a bit more. "Yasee, I left home ta earn some money, because my pa's sick. The local healer's don't know what's wrong wit' 'em er how ta fix it, but they said the city-clerics back where the camp was when we met would probably know. The clergy closer to tha nobles, yanno, the ones who charge a lot... tha crops 'ave been bad the past few years... so I hadda find another way ta earn coin. So far I've been pretty miserable at it... but, at least I've made a few friends." He ended his monologue with a smile, still looking Lora straight in the eye as he continued, "I'm glad I met ya, Lora."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=ooc] sorry to break up what I think to be a great moment if you wish to add anything to the above postings I will delete this post or move it [/sblock]

The group settles finally for the night, with only the rare whinny of a horse or the curses of men to slow to escape the regular soilders coming to keep order interupting the night.

A slight fog greets everyone as they wake, but the thin mist looks like it will break before the army starts it's march northward. Fallon is up and has a hearty breakfast prepared for those who want it. And Martomum joins the group carrying a large pack and a few extra waterskins.

With bacon grease fresh on his chin he wipes it with his beard as he talks to all those gathered. "Be a settin' out ta cross da wilds, greenies." He says eyeing everyone. "Tis be ina parts 'o ta woods noone goes. Me ana ta others beens tis way once afore. So if'n yuse listens ta mes yuse mays get threw alives."

Getting to his feet and shouldering his large pack the dwarf turns to Fallon and bids his friend goodbye. "Eyes bein' settin outs once mure for da http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/267151-spiders-path.html" he says "Yuse greenies bests nots gets me killeds neither." he continues with a serious look, then turning towards the woods he sets out quickly disappering in the brush.

Last edited:

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Claude was checking his bow outside of his tent within eyeshot of Martomum. Claude would takes the bow and knocks an arrow as if he were going to fire it and begin to move from side to side as if he were shoting at moving targets. When he see Martomum start walking he losens the bowstring so he can take the arroew out and he slids it back into his quiver. He then kneels down with his bow in front of him and says a silent prayer. When he finishes he gets up and begins walking at a brisk pace to catch up with Martomum.

ghostcat

First Post
Having had a good night's sleep, Trinham is up early and as he dresses he notices that his trousers are falling down and his belt is on the last notch. If he goes on loosing weight like this, he will soon need to get a new outfit.

As usual Trinham is first to breakfast, which he eats with gusto. In fact he is on seconds when the Martomum turns up to collect his greenies. He heaves himself out of the chair, picks up is pack, thanks Fallon for his breakfast and wishes him goodbye then, stopping only to grab his last sausage, he follows the dwarf off into the woods.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases