Off to War [IC]

Sugar_Silk

First Post
An assignment? Darling thought to herself and smiled, ...about time someone came to tap my other assets!

As Fallon retreated, she began stuffing her few belongings into a blue velvet satchel. The bag bore delicate lavender embroidery in an ornate floral pattern with a tuft of rabbit fur near the clasp. She quickly wiggled into her dress and slipped her head of red curls into the warm, fur-lined cowl that matched her bag in both color and material. It only covered Darling's head and shoulders but kept her plenty warm in the cool morning air.

Humming a sweet tune to herself, she hopped lightly out of the wagon and turned to put a boot up on the step. The hem of her dress rode up her leg as she strapped a set of polished steel blades to her left thigh with one of the little daggers held gingerly in her teeth. Darling locked eyes with a young man hauling a bucket of water. She teased him with her stare as she worked the buckles, purposely drawing out her movements and stretching her song so that time itself seemed to slow.

With a wink, Darling took the knife from her lips and gave it a quick twirl before it joined it's sisters in their sheaths. Just as that last blade slid home, the enraptured water-boy stumbled over a stone and went crashing calamitously into the mud.

Pleased with herself, Darling turned away from the scene and bounced innocently down the path to where Fallon would be waiting.

[sblock=OOC]I hope that wasn't too long a post. I'm really enjoying this! I can totally tone down the flirty stuff if its a little much. I don't want Darling to be one dimentional, I just think she likes a little mischief when the moment's ripe. As for pillow talk, I had the same thought when I was reading 'bardic knowledge'... that I might kinda RP those rolls like she was recalling a secret shared during a night of passion. I guess great minds think alike? ;)[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As Darling approaches Fallon she sees the old man standing with a piece of parchment in one hand. He stands tapping the rolled paper on his chin as if lost in thought. The donkey he holds the lead rope to stands behind him nuzzeling at some grass... or is it trying to chew threw the rope? Shrugging that off the young girl stops excitedly before the old wrinkled man ready.

Fallon starts with surprise (deep in thought indeed), and then smiles causeing more wrinkles to show on his face. "Good then, then ready are we?" he asks but already knowing the answer by the way she is dressed.

"Ahead, ahead of us Darling is a battle," the old man says seriously. Fallon uses the parchment to point to the black smoke a few miles in the distance. "And I, I have no knowledge of what it is the irregulars are to do once we encounter whoever is fighting there."

His face going sad he says softly, "It seems, seems that the core leaders of this army do not seem to remember us here, here in the rear."

"I need, need to know what they are planning if we are to survive this upcoming encounter. And that is where, where you come in my dear," he says affectionly. "But you mustn't, MUSTN'T go and speak to anyone in charge. Watch, listen, observer, speak to the lower lieutenants or a guard of the watch."

[sblock=Pillow Talk Knowledge]
Darling knows that irregulars "iggots" are not allowed in the main camp. So talking to somewhere there seems like a strange request unless she had some higher ups permission. And glad you are having fun btw. :p [/sblock]

Sugar_Silk

First Post
Darling had wanted a crack at the lonelier, richer soldiers of the regular army ever since she'd arrived, but hadn't worked out a way that was worth the risk. She had resigned herself to making things comfortable among the iggots until the stars saw fit to smile on her.

"Sounds easy enough,"
Darling said contrarily, "assuming you've got a way inside? I've heard the guards to the main camp take their assignment rather seriously."

She propped her back against a tree and crossed her arms in thought.

"You must also have some ideas about what I might find... lets start with the who the major players are."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"This, this will help with you getting around the camp I believe." Fallon says handing over the parchment he had been holding.

"Just, just use it sparingly please," he says aspiration in his voice. Darling gets the feeling that the document may cause some trouble and Fallon is worried about using it. "It will, will help. I would, would use it myself if I could." he finishes shaking his head.

"Now about, about whom you shoud avoid. First, first and foremost you should not go near Dellex. Or let him even see, see you. And second is Bear... umm Lord Bairan. Stay away, away from the front of the column and you will be alright. Go, go and hurry back," he says with a shooing motion and a smile.

[sblock=Parchment]
"To any of my subjects and soldiers,

treat the bearer of this letter with utmost respect and aid her by any means necessary, under penalty of severe punishment.

Signed,
Lord Bairan Doovan"
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Sugar_Silk

First Post
Darling's eyes flashed over the document and her expression shifted to one of diabolical satisfaction. Then her heels clapped together and her fingers went to her brow for an adorable salute.

"You can count on me, Commander." She said with a wink and a low sultry voice.

She carefully folded the parchment and tucked it into her thigh belt before jogging away toward the Regular camp at a decent clip.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=very nice] You do Chaotic Neutral very well. ;) [/sblock]

Leaving a worried looking Fallon behind, Darling follows the line of irregulars towards the front of the army. Cats calls and brave offers follow the girl along as she moves, Darling makes a mental note as to who seemed to not be "playing" but near serious in his offers for later.

She reaches the gap between irregulars and regulars. It, as when they are camped, is so easily identifiable that you could say two forces were on the move instead of one.

Near the rear is the regulars camp followers, farriers, and help, and Darling has no problems falling into step with them. It is when she reaches the first block of movong infantry that she encounters a potential problem immediately.

As the young lass moves towards the outsid eof the block a mounted soilder calls out. "Halt there girl get back with the others!"

His tabard is snowy white and has the blue bear on it that all the regulars wear. A single knot of rank dress the cord of his left shoulder, and his helm has no decoration, identifying him as an under-officer.

[sblock=Skill Challenge] Your first encounter good luck. :p

Diplomacy check DC 15

You need to try and get this guy from unfriendly to at least indifferent. You may use a skill or abilty to give you a bonus to your Diplomacy check.

Kind of a self aid another (DC 10). You could use Sense Motive to see if he really wants you to go. Bluff to see if you can use a story to help. Or anything else you can come up with. Key here is the RPing to go with the rolls. If successful with the aid you get the standard +2 to your diplomacy check. Good Luck. [/sblock]

Sugar_Silk

First Post
"Do you leave every treasure you find to these iggots?"

Darling moved slowly toward the rider swinging her hips and stepping deliberately to draw his eyes to her curves.

"Do you waste fine wine on their dull palate? Would you rather I entertain this rabble tonight while you and your men stare at the fire?"

She stopped next to his horse and looked up into his eyes as her voice took on a lilting, angelic tone.
[sblock]Perform Song check to aid Diplomacy (1d20+8=27)
[/sblock]When the Bear's away, his men should play,
though marching off to war.
Let me sway, at end of day,
esprit de corps.

As her poem ended she offered up her hand to the officer.

"My tender feet are tired. May I ride a while with you?"
[sblock]Diplomacy check, +10 normal, +2 from song (1d20+12=32)
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Killer rolls! I thought about using a spell or something, but now I'm glad I didn't waste it. B-)[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I...I... I have orders," the guardsman says looking around. Seeing noone about but the moving soilders he offers Darling a hand to bring her up behind him.

Putting her arms around the man as they ride off a little ways from the rank and file men, but still in sight and moving slowly along with them. His breathing comes fast and Darling can feel his heart start to race as he looks back and asks, "You are not like the other, igg... um irregulars I have met. They all seem, seem dirty and unruly."

As they move along Darling watches a sthe man tries to look back at her, and still keep a look out for anyone catching him giving the girl a ride. His head swivles back and forth like it is a child's top. "So you wish to join the regulars? What were you saying about being a treasure?"

[sblock=Skill Challenge part2]
Nice job so far.

Now that you have this guy upgraded to Friendly it is time for some info. Agian you will get a chance to "aid yourself". Pick a skill to use in conjuction with Gather Information, and RP the use of it and based on your Gather roll I will supply you with some info.

Possible aid another's are Bluff (lying), knowledg(local) -to let him know you know about things going on and wish to know more, or Know(nobility) if you want to know about the leaders of the army, sense motive - you figure what it is he wants to talk about and help lead the converstaion.

Or anything else you can think of. [/sblock]

Sugar_Silk

First Post
Darling rested her head comfortably on the stranger's back and nestled her body close to him. She let her eyelids fall shut contentedly and her words came out dreamily and distant as the horse trod along.

"I am the gem of envy. I am the flower of desire. Foremost, I am instant merit to the arm that I adorn..."

Darling turned her head so that her lips came just to the man's ear.

"Too often, men of worth are overlooked while the loud and the base are showered in honors."

She rested her head against his back once more.

"You took a chance plucking me from the muck. I'm grateful to you and will see your heart content." Darling's hands fell lower about the rider's waist and she reveled in his sharp intake of breath. "I am that charm, which turns the game in your favor... but you must tell me of the pieces and their movements."

[sblock]Bluff check to aid (1d20+8=20)
The Bluff is her confidence and her boasting as she promises to help this stranger... assuming DC 10 again?
Gather Information check +8 normal, +2 from bluff (1d20+10=16)[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The two ride along for a short while and Darling draws out everything the soldier knows. When she finally has what she seeks she promises to meet the man should he survive the upcoming fight, and takes her leave.

[sblock=Gathered Info]
Sifting facts from bravado I believe to be one of the things an information gatherer learns so I will give you the facts that Darling believes true, based on your result.

- The army will be engaging the Treylor today.
- The irregulars are to be held in reserve and used mainly for clean up/ grave digging duty. As this force is far superior in numbers to what they believe the Treylor to have.
- Lord Bear is at the front and will lead the charge, while Dellex has gone ahead to scout and will be at the battke site first.

Please post your return I have figured out how to get you to BaHm in a "hurry". No sense drawing this out when you can RP with the others.[/sblock]

Remove ads