Off to War [IC]

Theroc

First Post
Aidan wakes up that morning in better spirits than he stalked away from the gathering after his ring match, though still keeping his eyes out for that halfling, after all, he was owed some money, whether or not the fight finished. He stretched, noting his soreness was largely gone as he attended breakfast cooked by Fallon, eating with a smile.

"Almost as good as mum's..." He compliments the man, taking a healthy portion. Given the general poorness of his family, he was taking advantage of helpings others did not take, eating a bit more than normal, but by no means eating an overlarge amount. As Martomum spoke, Aidan remembered he'd forgotten his weapons during the chaos that interrupted his match. He dashed back to where the arena was to recover his weapons, before dashing back to follow the others...

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora woke up and did her morning clean up. Although no bath was available, a damp cloth and a bit of rubbing still helped get the feeling of stickiness of her skin. The girl packed everything she would need, grabbed her halberd and joined the others for breakfast. It was the second day, and although the pain had dulled, the leakage had tripled in ferocity.

Grumpy and uncooperative would best describe the girl this morning. She ate a bit, although her stomach did not fancy food, and waited patiently for Martoumum to come and collect them. Lora figured that going anywhere would be better than staying here, with no one to rely on but herself, versus that charming broken nosed fellow and his friends.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As Lora started off with the group Fallon quickly catches up to her and asks, "The picture, picture of your brother, may I have it?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Amongst the marching men of Lord Bairan's army a cry starts to form. "Smoke, smoke ahead!"

Fallon leading a donkey by a frayed rope brings a hand to shield his eyes and look in the direction some of the irregulars around him are pointing. Indeed he saw the cloud of smoke, but it looked to be many many miles ahead.

"Oh, oh my," he says to himself. The old priest knows that Harkon is not to far away from that very spot so their must be some sort of trouble ahead. And he wonders if the army will arrive in time after their delay the day before.

Nothing to do but keep walking, pulling the rope Fallon marches on, not knowing he is marching Off to War!

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sitting his horse apparently lost in thought, Dellex is actually a little worried about how today's events will fold out. An eventful day it will be Dellex has no doubts of, for they will reach Harkon Manor before this day is over.

He starts going over the information from the farmboy again and then he hears, "Smoke ahead!" from one of the guards.

Bear roars a curse and then asks, "Could the Treylor be sacking Harkon? We should ride out ahead and..."

"No my lord," Dellex interupts quickly, thinking fast on his feet was always Dellex's greatest strength. And with it he had no need for strength in his arms like those around him. "I mean you are right we should send a fast force ahead but to scout not engage. We need to know what we are riding into."

"Right," Bear says with a nod. "I will..." he stops at a small shake of Dellex's head.

"With my magic I could send you a message of what is going on." Dellex says with a smile. "And from which direction to best make your charge from."

Bear nods again then grins, "Then hurry my advisor... and be careful my friend."

Dellex turns his horse from the main body and starts out at a fast trot, immediately men from his private guard join him. The group of horseman's hoofs thunder as they spur their horse to a gallop.

Now if the farmboy was lying and Martomum is at Harkon, I will have time to deal with him before Bear arrives, the mage thinks to himself as he and his men head Off to War.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] hmm new page there is a new post on the page before this one please read that if you like also. [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
This, this will not do. Fallon thinks to himself.

Word had been passed back that there may be an engagement at Harkon and the irregulars where to form up. Which put Fallon further back from what was going on as the men formed a long thin snake broken up into units of forty men.

He needed to know what was going on. Martomum was somewhere ahead.

Somewhere, somewhere near that rolling black smoke you can bet.

Fallon needed to get someone close to Bear and to Dellex. Someone who could find out what was going on and let him know. He sighed, this wasn't the first time he had had this thought. And again as those other times only one name jumped out at him. "I have, have to do something." Fallon said to the laden donkey he pulled along. He sighed again and headed to where he would find the one person he knew could get around camp without any trouble.

He found the old box wagon that had been converted into a house on wheels for one person. The sides where painted white and a sort of peach color. The roof had a tin chimney spout coming out of it. He had heard that most of the inside was a huge feather bed and the stove was way to close as some men had burnt their feet doing...

Fallon stopped he didn't know for sure what they were doing and he didn't want to think about it now. He walked to the little door in the back and hesitated. One last sigh and he raised a hand to knock.

*knock knock*

"Darling? Are, are you home?" he asked and then thought of what could be happening in her "home". "Are, are you alone?"

Sugar_Silk

First Post
Darling turned over groggily in her bed. It was far too early for her to be roused. She was confused for a moment when she noticed that her wagon was not moving, though the sun was still up. Someone was calling softly at the door but the voice was not that of the the gruff soldiers she normally entertained these days.

In one practiced motion Darling threw a robe over her slender shoulders and reached for a small bottle of perfume to touch the cap of the bottle gently to her neck in three places. She inhaled slowly, enjoying the spicy, flowery scent for a moment before cracking the the door to survey her newest caller.

"Well aren't we the early riser?" Darling purred, amused by the wrinkled and worried face that met her gaze. "Are you sure you've got the right wagon, love? I mean, you're more than welcome, if you're sure your heart can take it..."

Something was different about this man. He looked nervous, and uncomfortable, but it was not the flavor of eager, embarrasment she was used to seeing from the men who sought her company.

"Come on in, if you're coming. The morning air will chill our little love nest."

She picked up a small mirror and pretended to idly primp her hair, using the looking glass to watch the old man over her shoulder.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Fallon wasn't sure what he would see when Darling opened the door but felt small relief that she was alone. As she spoke he could smell the perfume she wore and it drew is mind away to younger days not so long ago...

"What? What no, no that will, will not do." Fallon said as what she was saying penetrated. Fallon could already see the wagon drivers snickering and smiling over their shoulders at him.

"My name, name is Fallon," he said in an almost stern voice. "As I have, have temporary command of the irregulars while Martomum Stonebreaker is away. I need you for an assignment. Please, please report to me as soon as you are dressed, dressed and ready. I will be waiting over there." Fallon finishes pointing to an open area that will allow everyone to see them and not wonder what they are doing.

[sblock=OOC] Your character would have heard of Martomum known as 'Mart the Fart' to some of the more unruly men. He is in charge but on assignment and now by default Fallon is in charge. Seeing as how he always called on to help with this mishap or that the men follow his lead.

This is of course only if your character does engage in "pillow talk" to find out the basics of what is going on around the camp. ;) [/sblock]

Remove ads