D&D 5E One Shot: Legends are Made, not Born (IC)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
With his whole being, Snorri tries to get as far away from the wolf as possible, his back against Milady as he attempts to push her back from harm too, inadvertently ruining her rapier attack. Muttering words of reverence to the Keeper of Secrets Under the Mountain, the dwarf closes his eyes for a moment and lets the sacred touch of Dumathoin heal the worst of his injuries.

OOC: Move back a square if possible, then cast Cure Wounds on myself, regaining [roll0] hitpoints.

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Duck!" Hassan says as he steps up behind the dwarf. A bolt of fire escapes the northman's hand and strikes the already wounded wolf. It yelps rapidly as its fur catches fire. It runs around on the chain unable to get very far away and then collapses in the corner dead.

"NO!!!" comes a bellow that fills the cavern. And then you hear thundering footsteps of something big coming up from around the corner.

[sblock=Blogg]
Blogg.jpg[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat]
Badger: AC 12, HP 9/9
Hassan: AC 16, HP 12/12
Mi'Lady: AC 15, 12/12
Snorri: AC 16, HP 8/10

Blogg: AC 13, HP -00/??, cover[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
00_ogre cave_4.jpg[/sblock]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"That's no troll," Snorri whispers with more than just a bit of anxiety in his voice, "That's... the ogre!"

Almost instinctively, the dwarf turns his attention back to the divine connection he had just moments ago, begging Dumathoin to make the source of Snorri's fear go away or at the very least hurt it sufficiently to become less of a threat.

A bright sparkling light, like reflections from a particularly beautiful vein of precious gemstone found deep inside the earth, flashes right in front of the ogre's face.

OOC: Casting Sacred Flame; Blogg needs to make a DC12 DEX saving throw (cover has no effect) or take [roll0] radiant damage.

I'm not sure if attacking was the best way to go, but it was the most natural thing for the scared dwarf to do. I'm also not sure if we're still in the same initiative; if not, let me know.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2j34izt.jpg

Skulltop Hillock
Morning

“Oh, bloody Abyss,” Milady muttered as she heard the roar and saw the big ogre charging up at them. She sent a crossbow shot at the ogre and then nimbly backpedaled behind Snorri and Hassan.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Hand crossbow attack and damage: 1D20+7 = [9]+7 = 16
1D6+3 = [6]+3 = 9

Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Milady’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 15
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Init: +3
PP: 10
PI: 12
Bolts: 40 Used: 2
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+1)
[/sblock]

EarlyBird

Explorer
Hassan sets his glaive and Badger (not letting the warrior have all the fun), sends a firebolt towards the ogre. It hits the wall near the creature's head, but you would think it had caught him full in the face for all the yelling the ogre started to do.

"YOU! YOU! KILLED FUZZY! NOW BLOGG KILLS YOUUU!"
the ogre shouts as he works his way through the tight opening of the tunnel. As he approaches Snorri the dwarf raises his shield in a futile attempt to deflect the massive club Blogg carries. He smashes the dwarf aside with one huge blow (allowing Hassan an opening), and gets a savage cut across the midsection in return. But Blogg seems oblivious to the pain and keeps his red-eyed stare on Badger as he advances.

[sblock=Combat]
Badger: AC 12, HP 9/9
Hassan: AC 16, HP 12/12
Mi'Lady: AC 15, 12/12
Snorri: AC 16, HP 0/10, unconsious, death saves 0/0

Blogg: AC 11, HP -28/??[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
00_ogre cave_5.jpg[/sblock]

OOC: Party is up. Snorri make a 1d20 death save plz.

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: The following will happen once everyone else goes. I want to make sure his health is low enough.

Badger jumps at the creature’s charge, pulling a small wand out of his sleeve and aiming it at the Monster. A green light shot from the tip, hitting the Ogre in the face.

OOC: Casting Sleep. [roll0]. Unless we’re going strict with initiative, wait until others have weakened him. If his health is lower than this, he falls asleep. If not, and he hits me, I’ll cast Shield, increasing AC to 17.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2j34izt.jpg

Skulltop Hillock
Morning

OOC: Nice death save, Snorri! You should be conscious at 1 hp now! With an ogre looming over you ready to deal massive damage death…

Damn it! Her dwarven shield went down! Milady maybe felt a little bad. Perhaps. She could think about that later. Right now, there was an ogre.

“Fluffy? Seriously? You named it Fluffy?” Milady taunted. “More like Mangy. Why are you so upset? Was that your girlfriend or something? Well, now you can have a mangy fur coat.”

Milady shot her crossbow at the ogre again and then danced back. “Damn it!” she cursed, as the bolt got caught in the ogre’s man-boobs rather than penetrating and doing any damage.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Hand crossbow attack and damage: 1D20+7 = [3]+7 = 10
1D6+3 = [6]+3 = 9

Move: Move back three spaces
Bonus Action:
Free Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Milady’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 15
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10