[OOC] Baptism by Fire_FULL

Helmsman01

Explorer
Think that's all the characters in the RG

At Vlad and jmucchiello please take your time character building I'm thinking of having you two team up and meet the group at Fort Silan and be the guides for this expedition. If your up for it.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Boy was this a tough one. I got four books open right now going over stuff-
  • Player's Handbook for Warlock and equipment
  • Volo's Guide to Monsters for Aasimar
  • Xanathar's Guide to Everything for Celestial Warlock
  • Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide for Cloistered Scholar

Thanks for the workout - I'm beat.
Note: Comments/updates in Bold I think this got copy/pasted from the original, I'm guessing.

Sorry about that :( Yes, it is taken from the original and pared down.

DEFENSE
AC: 14 (studded leather 12 +2 dex)starting armor is leather
Saves: Str +0, Dex +2, Con +3, Int +2, Wis* +3, Cha* +5
I have CON +2, and INT +1
I've played with having con 16, but it would hurt charisma so I returned it to 14 and didn't update the saves.

OFFENSE
Speed: 30ft / Fly 30 ft not until 3rd lvl
Melee: Dagger +4 / 1d4+2 or Staff +4 / 1d8+2; Staff +2 / 1d6 or 1d8(V)
Ranged: Eldritch blast +5 / 1d10
I think staff part remained from Shillelagh (but again, it comes online at 3rd level with Tome warlock)

ATTRIBUTES
base: cha 14, dex 14, con 14, int 12, wis 12, str 11
Str 11 (+0), Dex 14 (+2), Con 15 14 (+2), Int 12 (+1), Wis 12 13 (+1), Cha 16 (+2)

(Cha +2 Aasimar,Con +1WIS +1 Aasimar )
I took alternate traits from Tasha's - one where you can take racial +2 and +1 to any stat. If that is not an option (sorry, should have asked) I'll exchange Str and Wis for total of Str 12, Wis 12 and Con 14

SPELLS (3 known, 2 1st level slots):
1st: Healing Elixir, Guiding bolt, Protection from Evil
what source are you using for the healing elixir spell?

I don't remember - but checking it now, I see it is Unearthed arcana :( I'll change it for something in the books

and a pouch containing 10 gp -please add all this under current equipment, thanks
Sure

I've never used Silvery Barbs before. It looks neat but seems like it would be a huge Pain in the Butt for a PbP because it forces all these rerolls after the fact. Has anyone used the spell before? Is it interesting/fun to play with? It seems pretty powerful.

I'm waffling between that, Faerie Fire, Detect Magic(which I can cast ritually). I'm focussing mostly on support/buff/debuffs and not damage. I'm assuming that, between the Druid and the Celestial Warlock, we have plenty of healing and that I don't need healing word just yet.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
As with all reactions in PbP it helps if you state the intended trigger for each round and DM can adjudicate if it is used or not. It saves tons of time even if it occasionally isn't used ideally or you would or would not use it normally.

As with all reactions in PbP it helps if you state the intended trigger for each round and DM can adjudicate if it is used or not. It saves tons of time even if it occasionally isn't used ideally or you would or would not use it normally.
Yeah. I mean, it’s going to be a thing with bardic inspiration too…people trying to remember that kind of thing. I suppose I can only cast 3 spells a day so it won’t come up too often.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I've never used Silvery Barbs before. It looks neat but seems like it would be a huge Pain in the Butt for a PbP because it forces all these rerolls after the fact.

Silvery Barbs is a slightly overpowered pain-in-the-DMs-butt spell that is made worse by PBP. While it's a nice spell to have (in that the Players love the results, which is nice), it's probably a kindness to the DM to pick something else.

Yeah. I mean, it’s going to be a thing with bardic inspiration too…people trying to remember that kind of thing. I suppose I can only cast 3 spells a day so it won’t come up too often.

Bardic Inspiration (and Inspiration in general) are tough for people to remember, but you (& our DM) shouldn't worry about that one too much. Just give it to people and let them sort it out. If we're smart, we'll try to use it the first chance we get, before we forget about it.

Yeah, reactions are best pointed out ahead of time, but we should all be happy with the occasional small retcon. Sometimes it needs to be done.

Also: Speaking as a beleaguered PBP DM - Everyone please help our DM by putting both the Ability AND the Save DC whenever you cast spells. I can't tell you how many times I've had people post "Wisdom Save" and I have to look up their DC or "DC 14 save" and I have to look up which Ability. It's just kinder to our DM.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Just posted my character to the RG. Let me know what you think.

I don't really know anything about the history of this game (I don't know anything about the Forgotten Realms beyond what I've read in the 5e adventures, and some research here-and-there when I need it), but I like your back story. It works really well considering that some of us were on different sides during the war.

I don't really know anything about the history of this game (I don't know anything about the Forgotten Realms beyond what I've read in the 5e adventures, and some research here-and-there when I need it), but I like your back story. It works really well considering that some of us were on different sides during the war.

My realms lore is not very extensive either. I know a good deal about the sword coast but that is about it. I had to do a lot of reading on the forgotten Realms Wiki to get the back story. I thought the backstory would work with the concept and it just happened that it fit with the society of the Thymari.

Silvery Barbs is a slightly overpowered pain-in-the-DMs-butt spell that is made worse by PBP. While it's a nice spell to have (in that the Players love the results, which is nice), it's probably a kindness to the DM to pick something else.
Yeah, it seemed overpowered and figured it would be worse en PBP. I'll probably take Detect magic since faerie fire is concentration and I already have Heroism
Bardic Inspiration (and Inspiration in general) are tough for people to remember, but you (& our DM) shouldn't worry about that one too much. Just give it to people and let them sort it out. If we're smart, we'll try to use it the first chance we get, before we forget about it.
Yeah, this is true of IRL games as well
Also: Speaking as a beleaguered PBP DM - Everyone please help our DM by putting both the Ability AND the Save DC whenever you cast spells. I can't tell you how many times I've had people post "Wisdom Save" and I have to look up their DC or "DC 14 save" and I have to look up which Ability. It's just kinder to our DM.
For the record, I created a mini-sheet which I include at the top of every post I make. I do this for several reasons:

1. So I don't have to go back and reference my character sheet in another thread
2. So the DM and I both know what my current HP, saves and abilities are
3. to track ongoing effects, Hit points, spell slots etc...
4. So any reader knows which character is doing their action

When I create a new post, I just quote one of my previous posts to save the trouble of having to reformat things every time. I will add my save DC in the mini-sheet, although, I will also add it to my OOC notes when I cast a spell.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases