• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC: Endur's Return to TOEE part 2

Thanee

First Post
Party currently consists of Torn, Raner, Belaver+Neshi, Kerwyn, Lylamwyn, Lenya, and a soulless Toriah. Craven is held in the Black Tower.

Equipment we currently have (much is probably still undistributed):

His own equipment (Raner)
Fragarach the Sword of Heroes (Torn)
divine scrolls of Cure Serious Wounds (3), Neutralize Poison, Remove Curse, Remove Disease, Greater Dispelling, Heal (2), Restoration, Flame Strike (2), True Seeing, Summon Monster III, Greater Command, Slay Living, Endurance, Hold Person, Inflict Critical Wounds (2) (Torn)
divine scroll of Summon Monster II, Divine Favor and Bless (Torn)
divine scroll of Neutralize Poison (Torn)
Naquent's full plate (Torn)
cultist's ring (Torn; made her feel warmer)
Deck of Many Things (Kerwyn)
Talisman of Pure Good (2 charges left) (Belaver)
Orb of Silvery Death (Lenya)
crystal ball with ESP (Lenya)
arcane scroll of Greater invisibility (Lenya)
figurine of wondrous power (Bronze Griffon) (Lenya)
headband of intellect +4 (Lylamwyn)
Spellbook of Dirass the Drow (Lylamwyn)
The Spellbook of Kadiss the Albino Gray Elf (Lylamwyn)
greater arrows of slaying (humans) (3) (Toriah)
bag of holding (Toriah)
Mind Flayer's cloak
Mind Flayer's ring
Mind Flayer's scroll of See Invisibility
Mind Flayer's scroll of Displacement
Mind Flayer's wand
Mind Flayer's wand
Naquent's boots
Naquent's cloak
Naquent's potion of Gaseous Form
Naquent's divine scroll of True Seeing, Summon Monster V and Invisibility Purge
Naquent's wand
Daagra's chain shirt
Daagra's gauntlets
Ukemil's leather armor
Ukemil's short sword
Ukemil's wand
Ukemil's scroll
+1 full plate
+1 mithril chain shirt
+1 large steel shield of arrow deflection
cloak of resistance +1 (2)
amulet of natural armor +2
wand of Cure Light Wounds (15 charges)
wand of Silence (42 charges)
potions of Haste (2), Heroism, Neutralize Poison, Bull’s Strength, Cure Serious Wounds, Fly
arcane scrolls of Wall of Fire, Dimension Door, Dispel Magic, Empowered Magic Missile
+4 longsword (from Torn)
+1 longbow
+1 short sword
+1 dagger
bracers of armor +2 (2)
amulet of natural armor +1
ring of protection +1
cultist's ring
lens
arcane scroll of Summon Swarm and Detect Thoughts
potion of Lesser Restoration
potion of Water Breathing (4)
wand of Inflict Moderate Wounds
wand of Arcane Lock
wand of Summon Monster IV

...didn't list all the non-magical stuff and the valuables.

[SBLOCK]Upon the Mind Flayers's body, Lylamwyn, Toriah, and Torn find: two wands (magic), a ring (magic), an arcane scroll of see invisibility, an arcane scroll of displacement, a cloak (magic), and a silver necklace with moonstones (700gp value).

Upon Naquent's body, Lylamwyn, Toriah, and Torn find: full plate (magic), heavy steel shield, masterwork morningstar, light crossbow, 10 bolts, ochre robes, boots (magic), cloak (magic), a wand, potion of gaseous form, divine scroll of true seeing, summon monster V and invisibility purge, holy symbol (obex).

Lenya detects magic on the Trog's short sword, his leather armor, a wand, and a scroll. She also found 110 gp, an iron key, an iron knife, 2 javelins, and an unholy symbol.

The party finds the following equipment on Daagra's body: magical gauntlets, magical chain shirt, non-magical platinum bracelet (worth 200 gp), nonmagical longbow, nonmagical knife.

After the party regroups, with all of the fleeing cultists accounted for, the party takes the time to remove the plate armor from Naquent's body and put it on Torn. Other members of the party wear the chain shirt and leather armor recovered from Daagra and the Trog.

Lenya--Orb of Silvery Death and Crystal Ball with ESP
Torn—Fragarach the Sword of Heroes, Divine scrolls below
Kerwyn--Deck of Many Things
Belaver--Talisman of Pure Good (2 charges left)
Lylamwyn—Headband of intellect +4, Spellbook
Raner—His armor, axe, and other stuff
Toriah—3 greater arrows of slaying (humans), bag of holding
+1 plate armor, +1 mithril chain shirt, +1 large steel shield of arrow deflection, 2 cloaks of resistance +1, amulet of natural armor +2,
Divine Wand of cure light wounds (15 charges)
Divine Wand of Silence (42 charges)
Divine Scrolls cure serious wounds (x3), neutralize poison, remove curse, remove disease, greater dispelling, heal (x2), restoration, flame strike, true seeing, summon monster 3, greater command, slay living, flame strike, endurance, hold person, inflict critical wounds (2)
Potions of haste (2), heroism, neutralize poison, bull’s strength, cure serious wounds, fly,
Arcane Scroll of Wall of Fire, Dimension Door, Dispel Magic, Empowered Magic Missile

Spellbook of Dirass the Drow: 0-resistance, acid splash, detect poison, detect magic read magic, daze, dancing lights, flare, light, ray of frost, ghost sound, disrupt undead, touch of fatigue, mage hand, mending, message, open/close, arcane mark, prestidigitation; 1st-alarm, color spray, mage armor, magic missile, shield, sleep, disguise self, feather fall, identify, unseen servant; 2nd-blur, cat's grace, levitate, melf's acid arrow, web, bear’s endurance, bull’s strength, protection from arrows; 3rd-lightning bolt, deep slumber, major image, nondetection, dispel magic, fireball, phantom steed, haste; 4th-dimension door, greater invisibility, ice storm, stoneskin, scrying, evard’s black tentacles, wall of fire, fire shield; 5th-cone of cold, dream, summon monster v, shadow evocation, magic jar, dismissal, telekinesis.

The party finds tons of regular equipment and the following magical items: divine wand, magical lens, divine scroll of neutralize poison, +1 longbow, arcane scroll of Summon swarm and Detect Thoughts, arcane wand, +1 short sword, divine scroll of summon monster II, divine favor, and bless, Bracers of armor +2, +1 dagger, ring of protection +1, arcane wand, arcane scroll of greater invisibility. 4 potions of water breathing. a potion of lesser restoration.

The Spellbook of Kadiss the Albino Gray Elf: 0-all cantrips; 1st- mage armor, magic missile, shield, sleep, summon monster I; 2nd- alter self, blur, darkness, bear's endurance, mirror image, see invisibility, shatter, summon monster II; 3rd- fireball, fly, lightning bolt, summon monster III, tongues.

A book that details the demon summoning used in the Fire Door area and describes the summoned creature as a Bebilith.

Non-magical treasure: A coral wreath worth 200 gp, bracelet worth 120 gp, necklace of gold and rubies (worth 1000 gp), approximately 3000 gp in coins.

The party also found additional magic items on the cultists: +2 bracers of armor, amulet of natural armor +1, two magical rings.

Torn dons her new belt and jokes briefly with Raner in Dwarven, a rare moment of lightheartedness for her. The +4 sword she has no use for. "Anyone want this?" she asks the party.[/SBLOCK]

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Awesome, thanks Thanee.

Torn would certainly be interested in the magic shield. She should also take the wand of silence, I reckon. She should also take the wand of Inflict Moderate Wounds, the divine scroll of Summon Monster II, Divine Favor, and Bless, divine scroll of Neutralize Poison

Someone needs to take the amulet of natural armor +1, & the ring of protection +1. We should divy up the potions.

OK good. I was thinking Raner had been carried off by the dragon. Did he escape? Or was it only Craven?

Thanee

First Post
That was a while ago. ;) We got all captured in the meantime and then freed through some lucky incident and Kerwyn pulling some levers. We killed the few that were left to guard us (actually, there might be some equipment still around, which we also have... like Naquent's plate, that is mentioned in the IC in one of your posts (as in Torn wears that currently); updated the equipment list above, after checking back). Then we moved out of the mines and towards Hommlet. There we met Varachan (that elven 'cultist' who gave us all the really powerful stuff) and figured out that Craven was replaced by someone who then fled. We learned, that he is held prisoner still in the Black Tower (in the center of that lake near the mine complex?). So we decided to free him (I think) and moved back into the mines.

"You stand at a crossroads and must decide where you will go next, whether you will return to Hommlet or Verbobonc, or continue what you have started in the Outer and Inner Fanes, or travel to the Ruined Temple of Elemental Evil. You have some time left, as the cult has only found the Elemental Gem of Fire, and needs the other gems to summon the other Elemental Princes.
"I can tell you little of what you would face in your Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil, but I can speak more of the Outer and Inner Fanes.
"The Outer fane has minimal guards left. The Inner Fane is a different story. Significant forces reside within the Black Tower that is in the Inner Fane. You must be particularly wary of the First and the Third, the rulers of the cult. They are mad, but extremely powerful. They reside near the top of the tower. The very top of the tower is yet another black temple to the Destroyer. Craven, the ambassador, and the surviving members of Torn's adventuring party are in the dungeon in the basement of the Tower.
"Whatever you decide, you have my best wishes for your success."

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
We are now near the Black Tower.

Like a scene from hell itself, the interior of the crater is a dry, cracked yard of uneven volcanic rock concealed by fingers of sulphorous mist. A hot, dry stench fills the air, burning the insides of your nose and mouth. At the center of this area, pounded down into a wound into the earth like a spike in the flesh, stands a black tower glistening with the sheen of black adamantine. The earth seems to recoil from the touch of this strange structure, so the tower is surrounded by the gaping trench of this wound, its black walls plunging downward out of sight. Cracks, exposing red hellish light from below, start at the wound and cross the yard. No windows exist on the tower, and the single door is accessible only by a narrow bridge the crosses the wound.

The walls of the crater that surrounds the tower rise two hundred feet above the party. The whole area has an omnipresent feel of evil. Torn believes that the evil presence will make undead extremely hard to turn in this place.

Bye
Thanee

Dalamar

Adventurer
Kerwyn's... Lawful. Damn, that's a bit of a change. Gotta remember that henceforth.

Kerwyn would like to pick up the +1 mithral shirt and the +1 dagger, as well as a cloak of protection. And he wouldn't object to an amulet of natural armor either. If nobody else tries it on, he could also wear the mind flayer's ring.

Manzanita

First Post
I'm going to update Torn's CS now. I'm going to give her the magic shield, the wand of silence, the wand of Inflict Moderate Wounds, the divine scroll of Summon Monster II, Divine Favor, and Bless, and the divine scroll of Neutralize Poison.

This will make her a formitable fighter. As for getting through that door...I'll check my spell lists. I suppose we could try to bash it down.

Manzanita

First Post
OK. I'm a bit clueless here. I'm thinking Torn's wishes would be to advance the quest. Does she have time to consult with the others on them? She could wish to bring Craven, the ambassador & all her living adventuring companions to join her where she is. Or wish to take her current party to the current location of the ambassador. Either of these would upset the current situation in the 'playing the game' thread.

Otherwise, she's somewhat inclined to raise her WIS by one, but that seems to minor and selfish.

Could she wish to know how best to foil the plans of the cult?

Endur

First Post
Manzanita said:
OK. I'm a bit clueless here. I'm thinking Torn's wishes would be to advance the quest. Does she have time to consult with the others on them? She could wish to bring Craven, the ambassador & all her living adventuring companions to join her where she is. Or wish to take her current party to the current location of the ambassador. Either of these would upset the current situation in the 'playing the game' thread.

Otherwise, she's somewhat inclined to raise her WIS by one, but that seems to minor and selfish.

Could she wish to know how best to foil the plans of the cult?

She had two minutes to decide upon her 2 wishes, including consulting with others.

She could make any of the following wishes:
1) Wish to bring Craven, the ambassador & all her living adventuring companions to join her where she is.

2) Or wish to take her current party to the current location of the ambassador.

3) Raise wisdom by two (by spending both wishes) or by one (by spending one wish)

4) wish for knowledge of how best to foil the cult

Note that if either wish was blocked due to hostile magic, the wish could be partially implemented. i.e. under wish #1, it is possible that one or more (i.e. Toriah) could not join her due to magic, but the rest of the party would join her. Also note that with regards to overcoming SR, the wish uses the Deck of Many Things caster level.

Remove ads