• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Hivemind IC Game Brainstorm thread

Terraism

Explorer
Mr Fidgit said:
So now you just need to be thinking about the specifics of character generation and maybe a group concept (? like, is there one :) would we all know each other before the game starts, and so on)

Yuppers. I mentioned this earlier in the thread, about being a little restrictive with initial character creation... now that I've seen the generalities of what people want, I spend some time getting basics done, and I'll let you all know later what my "requirements" are. :)

LcKedovan

Explorer
Terraism said:
mechanically, the gnomes have been changed the most. They're druids now, not illusionist tricksters.

I'm suddenly gripped by a Hivemind like urge to play a Garden Gnome after reading this sentance :D

-W.

Mr Fidgit

First Post
Terraism said:
now that I've seen the generalities of what people want, I spend some time getting basics done, and I'll let you all know later what my "requirements" are. :)
gotcha! :)
Originally posted by LcKedovan
I'm suddenly gripped by a Hivemind like urge to play a Garden Gnome after reading this sentance
LOL! :D

Terraism

Explorer
LcKedovan said:
I'm suddenly gripped by a Hivemind like urge to play a Garden Gnome after reading this sentance :D

LMAO! :D

Honestly, I'm not sure who's brain I'd swiped, but 'bout a month and a half ago there were all those interesting threads on how much gnomes sucked - I was one of their naysayers, actually - and someone detailed the little revisions they'd made to the role of the race, and... BAM! I suddenly liked the little buggers. :)

LcKedovan

Explorer
Hehehe, glad you guys liked my little jest there... ok, I read through the races .pdf mostly, will finish the last bit over a coffee at work tomorrow morning. I'm knackered. I noticed you had some planetouched in there, are they balanced for a L1 party that we are? If so, I might consider playing one (since I haven't played one before), but the last thing I want it being unbalanced in comparison to the rest. Let me know so I can make my considerations and give you a better idea what kind of character I am leaning towards.

Goodnight guys, talk to you tomorrow.

-W.

Terraism

Explorer
LcKedovan said:
Hehehe, glad you guys liked my little jest there... ok, I read through the races .pdf mostly, will finish the last bit over a coffee at work tomorrow morning. I'm knackered. I noticed you had some planetouched in there, are they balanced for a L1 party that we are? If so, I might consider playing one (since I haven't played one before), but the last thing I want it being unbalanced in comparison to the rest. Let me know so I can make my considerations and give you a better idea what kind of character I am leaning towards.

Goodnight guys, talk to you tomorrow.

Night, LcKedovan.

Planetouched aren't balanced for 1st level play; they've each got an ECL of at least +1, and +2 in some cases. However, if someone wants to play one, I might look into adopting the system Icewind Dale II uses to deal with ECL races...

Terraism

Explorer
Capellan said:
OK, put me down for needing both the ITCK rules and the info on the Talaire. My Dragon collection does not include #281.

Can do. Also, if anyone wants to IM me (could be useful, considering,) I'm available on MSN as terraism**AT**hotmail.com, and AIM as Terraism.

Terraism

Explorer
A few more details, if they're not obvious from the race paper.

The "excerpt" was written by an elvish scholar. Elves, as they are in the Eastern Realm, are ancient, dying, bigots. They stubbornly hold onto the past and refuse to admit that they don't own the entirety of the continent anymore, just letting it go as "letting them use our land." :rolleyes: They're not really aggressive about it, though, just complaining and making snide, "superior" comments. It's only half-elves that they're actively aggressive towards - they view them as horrible freaks of nature that have no place in the natural way of things. They don't like dwarves much, either, because the short people tend to challenge the fact that they're the first ones there... and because the dwarves refuse to shut up about drow.

As far as religions go, in sweeping terms...

Humans have a loose pantheon. The elves are agnostics, to a point, and the dwarves are monotheistic (not only for their deities, but others, as well - they maintain that human gods are merely facets of theirs.) Halflings tend to worship human gods, and gnomes are fey, so if anything, pay homage to Oberon and Titania. (Or the Queen of Air and Darkness.) Other races have their own deities, but nothing really noteworthy. Last note - there are evil gods, and then there are evil divinities. Other things hold divine power than the gods - demon lords, for instance. Like Orcus, and Demogorgon.

LcKedovan

Explorer
Hey Guys....

I just can't help it... Once I got that Garden Gnome idea in my head it won't go away... well its been ages since I played a Druid so I'll give the Fey Gnome Druid concept a go... sound ok?

Also Terraism, what books can we use to create our guys? (Like Masters of the Wild ok to use for example?)

-W.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads