• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 2E [OOC] JM's "Doomsday Dawn" Pathfinder 2 Playtest Adventure. (Closed)

Radaceus

Adventurer
I think you are misreading the text. It says you cannot move more than your speed when you stride. That means PER stride. You can use all three actions to stride and move 3x your speed if the conditions allow it.

STRIDE
Move up to your Speed (see page 310).

It doesn't say. You may only stride once per turn.

this was what i originally thought, and it bugged me all day at work, so i read everything I could when i got home regarding movement. and I think that they are saying you can only move your total speed within your turn, a sum total of your actions.

I somewhat agree with this, because i feel X3 stride is broken, hell Dash is almost broken in 5E...but that is just me, so perhaps i am reading into it what I would rule

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I think you're reading into it. The Step bit is just saying you can't Step if your Speed is reduced below 10. It has nothing to do with "speed remaining" - there is no speed remaining after you step or stride. The Stride Action allows you to move "up to your speed" when you're done, if you still have an action you can do it again "up to your speed".

The Rules Update is on the page with the rat, when you try to go to Paizo.com and it is down, there's a link that says "Playtest information HERE" (It's in the HERE).

I dunno, maybe this link will get you there? http://paizo.com/download/PZO2102 001-029-1.pdf

Radaceus

Adventurer
Okay, cool.

Not trying to argue it, the rules are just vague regarding movement. The paragraph that i quoted in the code block above especially so.

I'll stick with my turn change since nobody had mvoed yet after, no harm no foul.

Shayuri

First Post
Will be unable to post until Thursday due to no internet at my new place until then. Sorry for inconvenience! Feel free to write past me if needed.

I've updated the RG first post with the rules for making characters for part 2 of the adventure path. If you want to start working out characters for that adventure, go ahead. As usual, post characters here first and only to the RG when they are approved. Have fun.

Kaodi

Hero
I have a new idea for a character that might be interesting to try out: a paladin of Shelyn who uses a glaive and is multiclassed into cleric for her "paladin spells". I imagine she might be from Galt.

Warpriestess of Shelyn
female human labourer paladin of Shelyn 4, lawful good
str 18 dex 10 con 12 int 10 wis 16 cha 12
background feat robust recovery
ancestry feat natural ambition
class feats deity's domain (creation), hospice knight, cleric dedication, basic cleric spellcasting
general feat toughness
skill feat specialty crafting (blacksmithing), magical crafting
trained skills athletics, diplomacy, labour lore, medicine, religion
expert skills crafting
blade spirit (glaive)
+1 glaive, full plate, hat of disguise, dull gray aeon stone, 300 sp

Kaodi

Hero
Another possibility - one that might be more specifically useful in a wilderness setting - is a cavalier sorcerer, inspired loosely by the WarCraft 3 Archmage (though using electricity rather than cold).

Lightning Rider
male human scholar imperial sorcerer 4, lawful neutral
str 10 dex 12 con 10 int 16 wis 12 cha 18
background feat assurance (nature)
ancestry feat natural ambition
class feats reach spell, cavalier dedication, arcane evolution
general feat ride
skill feats cat fall, intimidating glare
trained skills academia lore, acrobatics, athetics, arcana, crafting, intimidation, society, survival
expert skill nature
cantrips - detect magic + electric arc, prestidigitation, read aura, shield
1st - fear + magic missile, shocking grasp, summon monster
2nd - invisibility + endure elements, false life, pest form
gear lesser staff of fire, 1st bracers of armour, hand of the mage, scroll of mending, scroll of command, scroll of phantom steed, scroll of create water, scroll of create food, 80 sp

I haven't been pushing the IC threads because it is Labor Day weekend in the states. But we do need to keep them moving if these 4th level character ideas are to ever get a chance to play.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads