• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] OOC thread about the non-iconics adventure (part deux)

reapersaurus

Explorer
Murhid said:
And if this discussion did have to be done, It could of been done in the tavern, not inside the monastery....
So seriously - wouldn't he be ticked at Kytess, not at Ivellios or Ubaar?

[overly dramatic] Ivellios and Ubaar are not your whipping boys!
They don't exist to receive your abuse! [/overly dramatic] LOL :D

hell, I think Ubaar's got more charisma than like the majority of the group! :cool:

reapersaurus

Explorer
ya, actually, the more i play with it, the more i'm beginning to think that point-buy really makes for some uninteresting stats.

[grumble] the perpetual low-charisma of PC's using point-buy begins to grate on me.
You just don't have the points to spare... :( [/grumble]

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
The interesting thing about Kytess' stats is that they are the point-buy equivilent of rolled stats. I just approximated the scores as best I could; point buy actually gave me 1 point less Str and Int and 1 point too high Wis. HG let me drop the Wis, though, so that was fixed.

reapersaurus

Explorer
hmm..
every single time i've rolled 4d6, i've rolled better stats than point-buy allows me to.

It's actually quite restrictive to my idea of a heroic character most of the times... :(

Conaill

First Post
reapersaurus said:
every single time i've rolled 4d6, i've rolled better stats than point-buy allows me to.

In that case, I would have a good look at your d6's. :D

Just imagine how restrictive it would be to your idea of a heroic character to have to play those below-average characters you are bound to roll up 50% of the time.

One complaint I do have regarding point-buy: everybody tends to "optimize" their scores. Just look at the non-iconics ability scores: they are all even! (with the exception of Kytess's Wis7) That means you actually get a little more "bang for your buck" in terms of ability bonuses than you would expect from rolled stats with the same point-buy average value.

Murhid

First Post
reapersaurus said:
So seriously - wouldn't he be ticked at Kytess, not at Ivellios or Ubaar?
I don't see how I did ill-treat them...

"Oneself is only commenting on the amount of chit chatter that occurs while one is in a destroyed monastery, seeking a certain stone, for a certain man...
Murhid was commenting on the whole party then.
I think the dust has gotten to you larger one..."
That was Murhid's attempt to be-friend Ubaar, seeing how Ubaar likes jokes and all. Though yes I know, neither I nor Murhid are the best joke tellers :D (edit: yes, I should of added a gesture or something along those lines, my fault)

And the only reason Murhid didn't make a direct comment about Kytess's timing is because he wants her support, and commenting would have lost it.

Tis a pity about the low amount of cha in our group. But I don't think it would make that of a big difference in our role-playing. Nevertheless I'm going to dump my 4th lvl attribute bonus thing on cha, wow a grand total of 11!~! Hooray I can be a 1st lvl sorcerer!

Last edited:

Conaill

First Post
Regarding the Detect Magic still being on or not: I just tried speed-reading all the conversation that happened since Ubaar cast his spell four pages ago. Took me just over 6 minutes. (And that's only the conversation bits, skipping over all the other description, and reading as fast as I could.)

Detect Magic only lasts 1 minute/level...

Remove ads