[OOC] OOC thread about the non-iconics adventure (part deux)

reapersaurus

First Post
Murhid said:
And if this discussion did have to be done, It could of been done in the tavern, not inside the monastery....
So seriously - wouldn't he be ticked at Kytess, not at Ivellios or Ubaar?

[overly dramatic] Ivellios and Ubaar are not your whipping boys!
They don't exist to receive your abuse! [/overly dramatic] LOL :D

hell, I think Ubaar's got more charisma than like the majority of the group! :cool:

reapersaurus

First Post
ya, actually, the more i play with it, the more i'm beginning to think that point-buy really makes for some uninteresting stats.

[grumble] the perpetual low-charisma of PC's using point-buy begins to grate on me.
You just don't have the points to spare... :( [/grumble]

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
The interesting thing about Kytess' stats is that they are the point-buy equivilent of rolled stats. I just approximated the scores as best I could; point buy actually gave me 1 point less Str and Int and 1 point too high Wis. HG let me drop the Wis, though, so that was fixed.

reapersaurus

First Post
hmm..
every single time i've rolled 4d6, i've rolled better stats than point-buy allows me to.

It's actually quite restrictive to my idea of a heroic character most of the times... :(

Conaill

First Post
reapersaurus said:
every single time i've rolled 4d6, i've rolled better stats than point-buy allows me to.

In that case, I would have a good look at your d6's. :D

Just imagine how restrictive it would be to your idea of a heroic character to have to play those below-average characters you are bound to roll up 50% of the time.

One complaint I do have regarding point-buy: everybody tends to "optimize" their scores. Just look at the non-iconics ability scores: they are all even! (with the exception of Kytess's Wis7) That means you actually get a little more "bang for your buck" in terms of ability bonuses than you would expect from rolled stats with the same point-buy average value.

Murhid

First Post
reapersaurus said:
So seriously - wouldn't he be ticked at Kytess, not at Ivellios or Ubaar?
I don't see how I did ill-treat them...

"Oneself is only commenting on the amount of chit chatter that occurs while one is in a destroyed monastery, seeking a certain stone, for a certain man...
Murhid was commenting on the whole party then.
I think the dust has gotten to you larger one..."
That was Murhid's attempt to be-friend Ubaar, seeing how Ubaar likes jokes and all. Though yes I know, neither I nor Murhid are the best joke tellers :D (edit: yes, I should of added a gesture or something along those lines, my fault)

And the only reason Murhid didn't make a direct comment about Kytess's timing is because he wants her support, and commenting would have lost it.

Tis a pity about the low amount of cha in our group. But I don't think it would make that of a big difference in our role-playing. Nevertheless I'm going to dump my 4th lvl attribute bonus thing on cha, wow a grand total of 11!~! Hooray I can be a 1st lvl sorcerer!

Last edited:

Conaill

First Post
Regarding the Detect Magic still being on or not: I just tried speed-reading all the conversation that happened since Ubaar cast his spell four pages ago. Took me just over 6 minutes. (And that's only the conversation bits, skipping over all the other description, and reading as fast as I could.)

Detect Magic only lasts 1 minute/level...

Remove ads