[OOC] OOC thread about the non-iconics adventure (part deux)

Conaill

First Post
reapersaurus said:
You're going to hold role-playing against the characters?!

Hey, feel free to complain to Kytess about wasting precious time in the middle of a dungeon. Yet another roleplaying opportunity! :D

HeavyG

First Post
reapersaurus said:
oh, come now....! :)

You're going to hold role-playing against the characters?!~ :(

Talking's a free action, right? ;)

Saying 'yes', 'no', 'shoot the goblin' or 'BLAAAARGH!' is a free action and does not require concentration.

Having an argument, however, takes time and does require concentration. :)

If you really wanted to keep concentrating on the spell and check out both rooms quickly, you should have specified so from the start.

(Like there's magic in that wrecked room anyway... Then again, you never know. :))

(I'm back, btw­.)

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
HeavyG said:
(I'm back, btw­.)

I won't be doing much PBP this weekend; Easter will consume most of my time Sunday, and preparations for Easter will take much of Saturday.

If I get a spare moment this weekend, I'll post. I'll be ready to play on Monday for sure.

reapersaurus

First Post
i don't think we need everyone to be involved for the adventure to advance forward, but i'm not gonna be the only one posting here....

have we reached a stalling point again?
Are you guys still interested in continuing?

If you don't post regularly, it only gets easier and easier over time to blow off the adventure...

Thanee

First Post
reapersaurus said:
Thanee - you can't have Taz even stand up for herself once?

Oh, I don't see how this would be true, Taz can't mind control the others (so she's the only one answering ;)), but surely does defend herself pretty much everytime she needs to. *shrug*

She wouldn't answer Ubaar everytime questioned, tho, since she does not see much fruit in talking to him as has shown in the past.

I guess Ubaar's attempts to make the little ones stronger, and less likely to be taken advantage of, are doomed to failure... :(

Well... yes, of course, they are! ;)

Strength is only for the weak! :p

Bye
Thanee

reapersaurus

First Post
Conaill said:
Passover, Easter and Spring Break. Between the three, there's bound to be a slowdown. Guess we'll just have to wait it out...
I don't believe in 'slowdowns'. :(

there should only be mutually agreed, and unavoidable periods of layoffs (like the holidays last year), or temporary, individual breaks based on personal scheduling difficulties.

We, as a group, should be continually interacting, and nopt dropping or ignoring what other characters are trying to do in character.
It seems the only time there's lots of posts is when we're in combat.

As soon as Heavy G leaves us to guide our own interaction or story points, we suddenly turn mute.
I can't count the number of things I've tried to throw out there by Ubaar, and not many of them are taken up and worked with.

There are many things that HAVE been responded to, which is cool, but too often (in my eyes), there have been efforts by people (not just me) that haven't been reacted to.

Open question: what are we trying to get out of this adventure?
I know many of us have spent energies to keep up their characters (some more than others, unfortunately), but I'm really confused about what you guys want.

Battle simulations and combat practice?
Occasional message-board diversions?
Character development and advancement?

what are YOUR thoughts?
I really fail to see how anyone wouldn't have thoughts on what I've talked about in this post.... :(

HeavyG

First Post
CRGreathouse said:
Yeah, it seems this happend every time Heavy G leaves. How odd.

You don't need me to interact amongst yourselves, though.

I read somewhere that the mark of a good game is that when the DM stops talking for 10, 15, 20 minutes, the players still continue role-playing their characters, talking amonst themselves, etc...

This is not happening here.
:(

HeavyG

First Post
reapersaurus said:
Open question: what are we trying to get out of this adventure?
I know many of us have spent energies to keep up their characters (some more than others, unfortunately), but I'm really confused about what you guys want.

Battle simulations and combat practice?
Occasional message-board diversions?
Character development and advancement?

what are YOUR thoughts?

I'm interested in the answer too. Please answer ? :(

Remove ads