(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Naybe ig we give it a bit of good downtime Fitz, I think Dandin would want to spend at least a few trips between Daggerford and Julkoun for humanitarian aid and trade missions. They are connected by river right?

tglassy

Adventurer
Titus has Green Flame Blade. I keep forgetting ha has it. I took EB just to have a ranged option, but his Cha isn’t good enough to warrant much use.

The one thing I think he needs is some Rituals. He has the Feat, after all. I know Enseth can do the same rituals, but having redundancies is good, IMO. So if I could get a few of those...

I chose his Invocations based on things that could keep him alive. Fiendish Vigor is 8 extra THP anytime he wants it, which will be always. I like to fluff THP as a healing favor like Wolverine. If someone damaged the THP but not his actual HP, then it just looks like the wound heals immediately. And it gives him a spell he can cast reliably when he can’t do anything else in combat, like if the next enemy is too far away.

Devil’s Sight is just too good to pass up as a Human without Darkvision. Should help his survivability quite a bit.

tglassy

Adventurer
I was planning to let the game decide if he went Fighter or Warlock. He’s gained a fear of Death, and the more he almost dies, the easier it will be for him to choose the strange powers to keep himself alive. That’s why he went lvl 2 Warlock, instead of lvl 3 Fighter. Because he almost died at the end.

If he ever does go Fighter again, he’ll still probably do Eldritch Knight. More spells, more spell slots = Goodness.

Still waffling on the Pact Boon if he goes Warlock 3 later. Either Chain, and give Morwin an upgrade, or Blade. He already has Ritual Casting.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Sweet. Assuming that Dandin can claim, or at least borrow the two boats from the docks, he'll suggest that they collect all of random loot from the invaders they killed (that wasn't originally owned by the townsfolk, of course, and go back to Daggerford where he can sell them and use the proceeds to kick start a humanitarian return trip to help get Julkoun going again. Added benefit for Dandin, at the least, being two generally friendly markets where he can base his trade business.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Also, I've been contemplating a level in druid. Probably won't go beyond that, but it'd be a way for Dandin to get some more cantrips and spells that he wouldn't otherwise have access to. After that, it'd be straight Bard as the classes share a lot of spells and he can learn a few that aren't shared. I think the only thing stoppingnme though, is any cantrips he gets that way will never get more powerful. Not a deal breaker, but ouch.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
You mean that you'll take magic initiate instead of Druid 1? It did seem a bit strange for Dandin. I mean, I guess he could get a blessing from the Dryad, or something, but I'd definitely want some sort of story behind the mechanics.

Remove ads